New Year predictions!!!

Discussion in 'France' started by Montréal United, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The New Year is upon us…

Time to make some predictions (and to look silly in a few months)

What's your call:

1. Is Lyon destined to make history (or will they pull a Monaco and choke such a big lead)?

2. Who will qualify for the CL after raising above the current logjam?

3. Can any of the teams at the bottom as of Christmas drag themselves out of the relegation zone?

4. How much time can Fournier still keep his job?

5. It's a time of peace at l'OM as Anigo declared (http://www.football365.fr/infos_clu...0_-Latmosphere-est-totalement-pacifiee-.shtml). How long before it's just a forgotten memory?

6. What's gonna be the most outrageous transfer made this year?

And most important (#7), which team will France beat in the World Cup to claim its second title?

I'll say these (I hope to get at least one right :D )

1. As much as I hope, my head says no. They'll pull a Chelsea and celebrate early in the calendar (but will not win the CL)

2. Joining Lyon will be Marseille (Super Ribéry effect) & Monaco (much better under Guidolin).

3. One of them will pull a miracle. Which one? Hum… I'll say Ajaccio as Courbis will retire saving the team.

4. He's not there come l'Epiphanie (Jan 6th). Lacombe, ex-Sochaux manager, takes over after the Deschamps & Le Guen rumors swirl.

5. Surprisingly, they'll manage to keep it cool until the summer when the Ribery transfer to England will bring back the good old times…

6. I say Zokora leaves Les Verts for 10 millions pounds Man U as Glazer digs Fergie's tomb by bringing in a player which will have a hard time making an impact in England (similar to Djemba-Djemba)

7. A repeat of 1998 as Anelka scores the winning goal… ;)

2. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    1. If they make a deep CL run it could be close, but they'll win either way.

2. Lens and Monaco, I'll say.

3. I think Strasbourg can. They just have terrible luck right now.

4. He'll be gone before the start of the second half. They underachieve way too much.

5. No. It's Marseille. Maybe UEFA.

6. Abromhavich will see Lyon thrash Chelsea in the final 8 of the CL and automatically swoop in and buy up the whole starting 11. Hey, I can dream!

7. They won't win. I see them losing in the finals to the US;) :p

3. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    1. They'll win by at least 8 points.

2. l'OM and Lens.

3. Probably not. Possibly Strasbourg. I hope with all my heart that Ajaccio go down.

4. He'll last the season, but that'll be all. Maybe Domenech to manage them after the WC.

5. Fire the bastard. They'll still qualify for the CL, but that guy needs to leave.

6. Fred --> Real. Unfortunately.

7. France bow out in the second round.

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    1. Yep. Its in the bag.

2. Lens and Merdsaille

3. Nope, they are all screwed.

4. Until Feb, when we lose in Coupe de France to Perpette La Galette. But he'll stay on at the coaching staff, because he's a great coach, but a not so good manager.

5. As soon as possible. I hope....

6. PSG to resign Ronaldinho and Heinze. What? A man can dream. :rolleyes: :p

7. Germany. Just gotta be if Les Bleus want to win it. ;) :cool:

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I think its best for Ligue 1 if Ajaccio return from whence they came and up came Sedan to take their rightful place.

I would scream if Bastia came up oth, we just can't seem to get rid of these Corsican bastards...

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL... The Corsicans are the blythe of L1 aren't they.... There terrible facilities, racsist chants.... Aweful.

I mean, take a look at Ajaccio's stadium?!? WTF. Looks like it has been bombed out. Looks like the Liberian National Stadium.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/francoiscoty.htm

These guys belong in National....

Caen would be great to have back in L1 too.

7. Montréal United

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey, Fernandez is the coach. Anigo is the sport director now. He's no worse than the ones before him at that job.

8. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Announcing that you want to sign what little money you have to sign Patrick Kluivert of all people makes him worse than all those before him.

9. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    1. Is Lyon destined to make history ?
    -> No, because French prefer loosers. That's our romantic side. France 82 made history. France-Bulgaria 1994 made history. But a winning team ? How lame...

-> Let's say Auxerre and Monaco.

3. Can any of the teams at the bottom as of Christmas drag themselves out of the relegation zone?
    -> Strasbourg and Metz are hopeless, all others still have a chance.

-> As long as he doesn't ask for a pay raise.

5. It's a time of peace at l'OM as Anigo declared. How long before it's just a forgotten memory?
    -> A few hours at best. This is MARSEILLE, you know.

-> Zidane back in France (just a guess).

7. Germany is the obvious answer (provided we don't get crushed by Togo or South Korea beforehand).

10. Forgeron

Forgeron New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    France
    1. Well when you become the first team to claim 5 titles in a row (and therefore erase Marseille and Sainté record) i think you make history...

2. Paris and Monaco

3. Really harsh... i don't think they have a chance of getting out of that drop zone.

4. No idea... perhaps 2 days, perhaps till the end of the season.

5. Till the end of the season.

6. Ribery to Chelsea

7. Nobody since we won't win the WC :rolleyes:

11. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    1. No, they'll pull a Lens from 2001/2002. With a 12 point lead at the Christmas break Lens choked and gave OL the title. The roles reverse this year.

2. OL and Monaco

3. I agree with Courbis and Ajaccio to defy the odds.

4. Amazed he still has it. A defeat or two in January and he'll be out.

5. It's Christmas, the time of peace and good will. This is but a brief holiday season at L'OM, just a little break from the usual. The above comment about Fournier holds true here as well, a defeat or two and the peace will be broken.

6. The fire sale at Madrid at the end of the season.

7. If we can't win it, I'll take a long shot here and say Holland finally gets it done. Wouldn't they just love to win it all for the first time on German soil!

12. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    1. Is Lyon destined to make history (or will they pull a Monaco and choke such a big lead)?
    They are.

Lens and Monaco (hopefully)

Hmm, I wish Strasbourg could stay in Ligue 1, but it'll be very hard for them, and like it's been said, Ajaccio should be in National (but all I care about is if I'll see Lorient playing there next year ...). Actually my answer to the question would be no ...

Til the end of the season, but that's it.

5. It's a time of peace at l'OM as Anigo declared (http://www.football365.fr/infos_clu...0_-Latmosphere-est-totalement-pacifiee-.shtml). How long before it's just a forgotten memory?
    Before Laurent Robert comes in :D

Drogba to Marseille ?

And most important (#7), which team will France beat in the World Cup to claim its second title?
    Brazil (I would love that)

13. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The kind of record you don't really want to be broken...

14. Montréal United

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Well, this question is now off the board. What have I won by guessing the right replacement???

So, I'm 1 out of 7 already!!!

15. Montréal United

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada