NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well had they(USSF) had gone with the Centennial Crest they would've needed to add 37 more stars to it since our US flag has 50 stars in it signifying 50 States, I honestly don't see a problem in that to be truthful I just wish that the USSF would have put there foot down and stuck with the Waldos and just put the Centennial Crest on with the added 37 stars and that would have been our permanent Home kits, I don't care what they do with the Away kits but the Home kits should still be the Waldos, hell we should have sported that at the World Cup it is one of the only times we are actually recognized as the United States Mens National Team.

All and all I agree with you.

ATLfirefan repped this.
  2. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    The centennial belonged to US Rugby, who were asking an arm and a leg, from multiple reports.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, by the by. I'm underwhelmed, but at least we can finally say good riddance to the old cartoony one.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  3. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've bought almost every jersey posted on here that people love

At goodwill.

4. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    This is hilarious. I just told my wife the new logo/crest makes me think of a US Olympic ski team logo and boom I was right :)

The new crest is OK. It is a bit too generic but that is how all logos for MLS and MLS teams have gone also. I hated the soccer balls in the old crest. I despise clip art soccer balls in professional logos, but I will say that it is very difficult to identify what the new crest is for. Like seen above it looks like a US Olympic team logo.

5. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Yep, US Skiing is the first thing I thought of too.

This thing is just so generic. I wonder how many million $$$ they blew on this?

6. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    I am totally ok with generic, but there is a such thing as too generic and this is it. Just like new MLS logo and Atlanta United logo. Just plain and simple too generic. A logo needs something in it that is recognizable. Something...anything.
    Atlanta should have added something into their logo to attach to the phoenix/firebird or train imagery that is associated with Atlanta's past.
    The LAFC logo is a good example. It is super generic but the wing icon gives the logo something to recognize and something for the fans to build on for a mascot.

I really like this mock-up that someone did for US soccer. I would replace the stars with "USA", but other than that I like the below.
    [​IMG]

7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd maybe put a ribbon or something with "U.S. Soccer" on it, but that crest is so, so much better than the one they put out.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    What bugs me about the black uniform is that there is no tradition of using black in the USMNT kit. Seems like something out of the blue. I can see it happening with clubs, like Barcelona and that hideous puke-green kit from last season, but it's rare with NTs.

You're expected to stick with one of the colors from the flag as your main color. Black is completely out of left field. It's like having France in yellow or Argentina in red stripes.

Three and Three repped this.
  9. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, Daniel.

whiteonrice04 repped this.
  10. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Or Japan or Italy in blue. ;)

11. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Add a ball so people actually know it's for US Soccer dummies

Attached Files:

swedust and soccersubjectively repped this.
  12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, sometimes it's the flags that change (Italy had the Savoy blue shield in their flag until WW2). Japan and Brazil colors are mostly based on superstition, though.

However, the US tradition has been to use flag colors, as is the tradition with most national teams.

13. don't_tread_011

Feb 5, 2009
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those circumstances like Italy or Holland typically have to do with royal colors or colors with historical significance to those countries; they aren't just arbitrary.

Three and Three and Marko72 repped this.
  14. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great crest for the USNT, the only thing I would do is replace "USA" with "USSF" .

15. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm aware that there's meaning, just not flag colors. Hence the ;) face.

16. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my package in the mail today with the scarf and the funky cardboard viewer. I think it was a fun and interesting way to "announce" the new crest. The video was sort of boring though, and using the almost empty StubHub Center from the last two friendlies was a mistake. I was at both matches and remembered those 360 degree camera setups. Too bad the shots from Outlaws tailgater didn't make it.

When I first saw the leaked crest a few months back, I was disappointed, but from the start I thought it was an improvement over the previous cartoon crest which I always despised. Maybe I've been a bit influenced by the hype from the release, but I'm liking it now. I've held off on buying much gear other than kits because I really hated that old crest, so now I plan on splurging. I already bought the new cap that debuted in the team store today.

As far as the new leaked kit, I'm hoping it's not real but it seems that footyheadlines is always right, so I'm resigned to it being our next away kit. I don't have anything against black, it just looks ugly. Maybe it'll be OK when I see them in person. But unlike my two favorites the Bomb Pop and the Waldo which I loved from the moment I first saw them. I'm with a bunch of you guys who said the Waldo should become our primary home jersey with just slight variations year to year. I'm hoping the new home kit with the new crest will be a winner.

17. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Rugby owns that logo, they couldn't stick with it.

20. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The author's article was all about the Centennial crest, so I guess the graphic just highlighted older versions.

21. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It was never the fed's crest. It was something nike slapped on a throwback jersey.

22. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy it from them.

And yes, I'd rather have the 1950's version than this weak sauce.

chad repped this.
  23. diagoro

diagoro Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is sad, if not pathetic. Both groups represent the American people, and more than likely benefit from some form of 'tax funds' or other economic benefits. There should be some patriotic obligation to share things like the crest. But than, it probably comes down to a Nike issue, and how much money they make of all this.

24. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
  25. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly USSF spent >$1M for this rebranding. Hopefully they can recoup some of this expense by renting / sharing the crest with anything else USA.
    I have a t-shirt with the recent crest. Even to non-soccer fans it shows I support US Soccer.
    I'll not be buying a t-shirt with the new crest unless I'm really hard up for some piece of generic red-white-blue clothing to wear on July 4 and it's super cheap.