NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Absolutely horrific away kit. Maybe it induces seizures in the opponent. That’s the only possible justification and that’s just mean. Looks orange on TV. Abysmal. Surely Nike presents a few options and ussf approves. What a failure.

TxEx and SteelyTom repped this.
  2. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yep.

Absolutely hideous.....

3. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abstract designs are the new “in” for the Gen Z population.

o_O

4. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be nice if they started with something classic and breathtakingly beautiful.

Then once they achieved that, they would win the privilege of making interesting variations.

It seems too often they do it ass-backwards.

DAMN YOU NIKE!™

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This pattern with makes the navy blue look more like purple in context of that shade of red.

6. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Apparently Portugal is sporting the old Dallas Burn jerseys.

SteelyTom repped this.
  7. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nke's put out a number of very good kits for the Euro tournament, yet the company once again can't create something approaching a classic design for the US- something along the lines of what Nike's done for Brazil, Croatia, Holland, even France and England.

We've finally gotten a boatload of first-rate players- and remain stuck with third-rate kit. So disappointing.

Reccossu and Bajoro repped this.
  8. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrific.

As a fan who is living with the Chicago Fire brand implosion, just remember that no organization is presented with one single option. The USSF deserves just as much blame as Nike if not more, for guiding this process and selecting this eye sore abomination.

SteelyTom and Bajoro repped this.
  10. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just a worse version of the USA rugby shirt

[​IMG]We shouldve just stolen this design

Pl@ymaker, SteelyTom and schrutebuck repped this.
  11. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always like jerseys that have a collar and a polo look to them, since I like wearing jerseys as casual wear. Umbro in the the 1990s nailed it and I love rocking their classic kits.

I dunno, I'd take "boring" any day over whatever this is trying to be. I can't rock this at work!

Bajoro and NGYAGRAMPUS repped this.
  12. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they were terrible when they leaked months ago. I actually have come around to these, and kinda like them.

CMeszt repped this.
  13. NGYAGRAMPUS

NGYAGRAMPUS Red Card

Detroit City FC
    United States
    Jun 16, 2021
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe someone actually ordered the US National paintball teams jerseys by accident

Semblance17 and NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  14. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I mean, our home kit is about as classic a design as you can get.

The two away kits this cycle, on the other hand...

I actually like having a really loud/bold/whatever secondary, but the water stain and this new one kind of miss.

15. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    I wonder with cooler temps in some of qualifying fixtures, what the long sleeve version will look like?

I am not an apparels guy but my favorite kit is the where’s Waldo which just seems to work, followed by the rocket pop. I don’t like this one, it looks too busy. Since it does not seem to be too popular I don’t imagine it flying off the shelves.

Marketing seems to work separately in other countries for Jersey marketing than here. Which is why both the United States and Mexico seem to constantly change their kits meanwhile England’s England, Brazil is Brazil, as well as Argentina and so on. If we can convince the Nike powers that be that we will buy a kit even if it looks like the old one or has a traditional one then we won’t get the constant new looks. You would think name recognition would help with that. Like sure I have the where’s Waldo Dempsey Jersey but now I want the where’s Waldo McKennie Jersey.

16. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they're dumb looking, but I impulsively bought it anyway.

I'm probably gonna feel stupid if I ever wear it to the store, but at least I'll be protected from U-boats

Burr and Semblance17 repped this.
  17. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    This USA Rugby jersey is pretty badass. Can you find the hidden negative space stars. I love the retro logo that they are using, when they already have a pretty badass modern logo, shown at the bottom of the page.

Footsatt and Capt.Tsubasa repped this.
  18. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    These designs are terrible and very amateurish.

CMeszt repped this.
  19. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are indeed, that's my point. Yet they're on the same level of the kit Nike just put out and the previous one to that too. Except the white with red and blue stars I'd be okay with that as a special edition near the 4th.

20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're going to have the white primary kit then the shirt with the light blue stars isn't bad. For me it's better than plain white. It would work great as a pre-match warm up shirt too.

I'd also be ok with the blue second short but not with the different sleeves. If both sleeves were the lighter blue with dark blue stars I think that would be a really nice shirt and with the right shorts and socks could be an awesome full kit.

As for what I assume is the third kit...I've said before that I'm all for doing some wild designs on the 3rd kit but that just looks terrible to me. Way too busy with too many clashing design ideas going on at once.

21. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The navy one with the lighter blue blob on the jersey kinda grew on me, to the point that I ended up buying one. I liked the way it was described in the other forum as a Rorschach ink blot; it can represent whatever you want it to. Still a bizarre idea for a jersey though.

Home kit is good and I might end up buying one as well, but I've always thought the collar looked just a little too thick in front.

Kit #3 is just way too loud and busy.

Also, not a fan of bringing back the "Nike" text on the front of the kit on any of the three; looks kinda dorky. I thought the whole point of the swoosh logo was to make the clarification of the company name superfluous.

22. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really like the kit personally, but my 12-year-old soccer playing son thinks it's great and that I'm a stick in the mud for not liking it. I'm guessing Nike's good with that opinion. :D

To be completely honest, after watching the game and then going back to watching some segments again, it's growing on me a little. I think the socks make the overall look a lot better than it would have been with solid color socks. I'd kind of like to see the kit with red socks.

I'll still go back to my overall idea for how to properly set up USNT kits. It seems so simple, but I'm not sure why Nike and USSF don't see why classic primary kits like Brazil, Croatia, France, and the Netherlands (all Nike teams) won't work with the US.

Home - Primary white with red "accents". The accents could be a sash or some stripes, but the red needs to be minimal enough to make the kit a white/light kit. Argentina is an example.

Main 3rd kit - Waldos. Wear these for big games when the opponent's colors don't clash with red and white (Brazil, Germany at home, Mexico, etc.)

Once you have that down, you can do pretty much what you want with the change kit and any "special" kits (example - 1994 denim throwback, a gold and black kit for a Columbus game, etc.).

gogorath repped this.
  23. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    A classic primary is obviously what the fans want, and fans overwhelmingly prefer the Waldo’s.

It is quite confusing why they refuse to commit to a classic primary.

A good way to try to force their hand is to only buy Waldos and wear Waldos to the games so it becomes the image that people associate with the team and fans of the team.

24. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I've said elsewhere in this thread, I 100% agree with you on this in theory. The practical issue I see is that there are so many teams in CONCACAF who wear red and white. Canada, Panama, Cuba, and Costa Rica are just four CONCACAF teams right off the top of my head who wear red and white.

Until CONCACAF teams have third kits (which I don't see as likely for many of them) or a team like Canada has a change kit that's black (for example), I think the US has to stick with a predominantly white kit and a dark kit. I don't like it, but it's reality right now. Which is why I still say keep the Waldos, but save them for when you can wear them. Keep them for Mexico in the Azteca. Break them out against Germany at home. But I don’t think they can be a true primary.

TKyle and NietzscheIsDead repped this.