NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we staying with Nike after 2022 contract is up? Been searching for info, couldn’t find anything on that

Semblance17 and manfromgallifrey91 repped this.
  2. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    I think that the only jerseys I’ll ever buy are the Waldo’s and the 90’s denim stars atrocity.

Pestbeulen and CTS26 repped this.
  4. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sash was fantastic. As a Peruvian descendent, that really struck a chord with me. In the international game, it's a very unique design (and quite unique wrt clubs as well).

acima, Semblance17, CTS26 and 3 others repped this.
  5. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my worst decisions (or indecision, as it were) was not buying that shirt. It was so beautiful, surely it would be around forever right?

DAMN YOU, NIKE!!

Semblance17 and CTS26 repped this.
  6. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    I dig the sash as well. I’d like to see them use the sash as a standard when we wear the whites.

Semblance17, CTS26 and tomásbernal repped this.
  7. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never liked the sash on the US shirts. On my all time favorite Waldo it's really subtle but it's also unnecessary.

For Peru I love it, it's so associated with their shirt. I really wish the US had something similar that was "ours", but we don't. The Waldo could be it, but for many of us that's just a dream that'll never come true.

8. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    it is being officially advertised (and sold in the online shop) as the new road jersey.

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    i've decided that one of the main things that irks the eye is in several places the pattern just stops and it's almost like you sewed different parts of the pattern together. so you have loud colors, loud design, and then the design doesn't even flow from one end of the shirt to the other.

pinstripes are continuous, a sash is continuous. the sash doesn't go to a point, break in half, start up elsewhere on the shirt.

10. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this, the discontinuity in the pattern makes a bad shirt an awful shirt. Maybe it looks better when someone is wearing it, but it just looks horrible in the photos.

And the back is all dark blue so the white name/number will be visible. But if you don't want a name/number it looks really stupid. Hell, it looks stupid even with the name and number.

https://store.ussoccer.com/collecti...sasmz2102-mens-nike-usmnt-stadium-away-jersey

I just don't get this one, it's just plain awful. If it were the 3rd jersey maybe it's ok as a novelty, but as the 2nd/away kit we'll be seeing this thing a lot thru the GC and WCQ.

Bajoro repped this.
  11. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the socks are actually the worst part of it. the one positive, though, is at least its our colors.

12. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get that a red sash is associated with Peru, but what if they did a red, wite and blue sash on a white shirt instead?

upload_2021-6-16_13-18-33.jpeg

Burr, Semblance17, Bajoro and 1 other person repped this.
  14. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  15. Aconti2

Aconti2 Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they look pretty rad on the players actually. A cool vibe for our budding young squad. Hope the home shirt is more classic.

16. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
  17. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    ^ A nike employee from the design team, folks!

18. Aconti2

Aconti2 Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol no I've just learned to avoid the knee jerk reaction they usually work out pretty well.

That side stripe on our current home jersey that doesn't line up makes me want to throw up though.

19. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like when you’re a kid back in the day and you switched to the Playboy channel and that’s the screen you saw blocking the channel.
    I can’t believe someone got paid by Nike to design that and someone being paid by USSF approved it.

Ghost, acima, Old Man! and 2 others repped this.
  20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Mods, ban him.

SteelyTom repped this.
  21. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noooooooo! I had hoped that it was all a mistake (well, it still is, but you get my point). F*cking gross.

Bajoro repped this.
  22. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish you worked for Nike instead of whichever twits designed this monstrosity (and whichever bigger twits were in charge of directing them and approving of the thing).

23. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure, I don't know that they'll say anything until a new contract is announced. I vote for Umbro though, they have a few misteps but usually are on point. Heck I'd even take these:

Maybe we're just expecting a classic, clean design that is recognized as a US kit, or too old to enjoy the hip odd stuff. I like it better than whatever weird pattern they were using on the Blue.

But moving from one craptastic pattern to a less crappy, but still crappy, pattern isn't a good thing. We could/should have such better kits.

24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the US Soccer twitters said the design was based off of a flag flapping in the breeze which actually makes a bit of sense. Our flag of course is red and white bars but hey, when did logic ever play into it. Agreed, they look better on world class, fit handsome young men. Not sure if the haphazard stripes are slimming or fattening though

25. Martino2Buddle

Crystal Palace
    United States
    Dec 12, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They even look like shit on Kristie Mewis which is very hard to do. Nike is such a crapshow. For years you couldn't even buy the cool gear the players and staff wore. I remember I emailed the USSoccer Store one time and they said that was Nike's decision. Morons. Plus all their crap runs too large. Really wish we had Umbro like Ireland does. Even New Balance or Puma would be a major upgrade

Old Man!, Semblance17 and SteelyTom repped this.