New US uniform - what will it be?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by gunnersbluescardinal, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you seen them close up, though?
    [​IMG]

2. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah! Jared and the Croation dude look like they're wearing And-One basketball shorts!? Not feeling that...

3. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005

i just noticed how our shorts, as well as mexico's, are the only ones that don't have numbers. i'm just hoping these aren't the real shorts, just shorts used to show how the color will be.

4. Stumptown Texan

Stumptown Texan New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    PDX
    Damn Straight! And I especially like the varsity stripes on the away kits. Gives me flashbacks to Paysandu 95'.:D I am feeling these! Although collars would have been nice.;)

5. jgoal5

jgoal5 Member

Apr 4, 2001
    LV-PA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    We should have sent Gooch rather than DMB...then we could have seen how the Mexican shorts held up when someone pissed in them...

6. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but if Gooch came then they would have to fly in another Mexican as Jared would be at home crying like a scared baby and cowering in a closet... imagine the Gooch stare from across the room making Borgetti piss his pants.:cool: They wouldnt want to take pictures of that...;)
    [​IMG]

7. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that does look cool.

8. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    mexico's uni is cool... I still hate their national team though.

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saaame here

10. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    What do you think of the England home kit?

Just wondered what rest of world thinks of it, as for big badges we have a larger one on our new away kit so its the trend now.

I want to have the US home kit with Donovan, not sure where i can get it from as i live in UK.

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    You're kidding, right? I live in the USA and I've bought stuff from Europe before.

12. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well I´m German and have Donovan jersey

what do you think about germany jerseys?

13. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    I think the away kit is awesome, Its by far the best Adidas kit but then you are hosting the WC so deserve it.Don't mind the home shirt but away for me is the one, I'd buy it but being English and all ;)

14. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is one big ass USA badge.

15. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
  16. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Eddie Pope (far right) wearing the new red U.S. training jersey:

[​IMG]

Guzan wearing the new blue U.S. training jersey:

[​IMG]

If Nike had gone with the same navy blue that was used in the last incarnation of jerseys, the above would look a whole lot better.

The Magpie

17. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One too many clashing shades of blue in that photo. Gloves + pants + shirt = it's just not working, man.

18. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no red jersey....

19. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    i honestly like the red training jersey better than the game jerseys.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    That red training jersey might become a best seller for Nike.....

With that said..... we are the Bluecoats....... the mighty mighty Bluecoats......

21. GrnhvnLasers11

Feb 2, 2006
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my first post so I maybe someone can explain this to me. I like that Sam's Army has tried to coordinate a common color for the US supporters. It definitely looks more intimidating at a game. But even though red looks sweet, isn't it fundamentally un-American? Red is the redcoats and the communists. Blue is the color of freedom, Red is oppression. (Plus, the Mexican flag has red, but no blue. Thats reason enough for me.) I just think that Blue has to be our main color with red as the secondary.

22. yokefello1

yokefello1 New Member

May 17, 2005
    From the Sam's Army website:

"We thought long and hard about this. Red, White, or Blue were the only colors we ever considered (unlike Holland whose flag is the same colors as ours, but their team wears orange). Many of our regional opponents wear blue and/or red, and even though the USA almost always wears white at home, we didn't think blue or white would stand out in the crowd, so we went with red."

It's a power color. Your opinion doesn't really matter unless you can form a group bigger and more influential than SA.

Any questions?

23. yokefello1

yokefello1 New Member

May 17, 2005
    Might I suggest this thread be closed, as the Unis have been out for a few days now?

24. GrnhvnLasers11

Feb 2, 2006
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, take it easy. Just wondering. "My opinion doesn't matter"? That was kind of an oppressive answer from a representative of a "bigger group". Well my group is the USMNT, and we wear blue.

25. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you could be like the English or Italians and just wear street clothes to the games. It doesn't make you a lesser supporter.

I never wear a team's jersey to a game, ever. I think what did it was I saw a picture of a fat old guy wearing a basketball jersey at a game, and I realized I have to do my part to end this trend.