New US uniform - what will it be?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by gunnersbluescardinal, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ars20

ars20 Member

Dec 29, 2005
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The jerseys with the actual team colors/logos are obviously the training jerseys since it says Training Gear. The blank jerseys, which there are 2 of, are supposed to be the kits for the World Cup.

There are multiple pictures on that page not just of the training gear. The one that is labeled Nike Sphere Dry is apparently what the US jersey will look like.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    anyone else really like Argentina's new jersey? i think it looks really cool with the adidas cookie cutter design.

4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The USA Training kits are sweet... simple but class... although I am not a fan of the medium blue. Personally, Navy is the true color of blue in our flag, and I am a fan of the navy kits, but I will reserve final judgment when I actually see it on.

The Portugal training kits are slammin as well.

Oh... and to answer the question about Argentina, I have always found their uniforms to be one of the best in any WC from 78 and on. They always seem to have a very good idea of updating the traditional look with the light blue and white striped kits. (although, I must say, I am not enamored with the Adidas jersey design template this cup, with the exception of Denmark's jersey).

5. Jaymonster

Jaymonster New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    San Francisco
  6. el fenómeno

el fenómeno New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    5th Ward. Texas
    It's unique I like it, I'm buying one.

7. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I like it, although I'd prefer if the collar was a different color. I'm assuming the away is blue with a red/white stripe.

Not a fan of Mexico's at all...that big white stripe is ugly as sh/t. Looks like a rec league jersey that someone sewed an FMF logo onto. Holland's is pretty sharp, Brazil is nice altho the collar looks kinda weird, Croatia's as with ours would benefit from a different-colored collar. Portugal looks pretty good but don't notice any real change from their old one.

Any idea what the one on the far right or far left (the badge just looks like a plain red flag--China, Morocco, Tunisia??) or the green one between Mexico and Croatia is??

8. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I'm thinking Korea and Iran.

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the far right is Korea , and I think the all green could be Iran. On other boards, the one to the far left was said to possibly be Switzerland?

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I like it the way they are. The whites are sharp. At least it isn't red.

It's Mexico, let them look like amateurs. It might help them fit in. :p Holland's are really nice and Croatia's are sweet. Portugal always has good looking jerseys.

Far left appears to be Morocco, but the orange/red one on the right is beyond me.

11. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Switzerland is Puma sponsored. Korea is probably the one on the right and the green on the left is Morocco.

12. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Am I the only one who thinks it sucks and would prefer this:

[​IMG]

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Well, I for one like the new one.

14. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking closely at the US kit, it looks like the left sock has the same striping as the jersey...

If so, I'm not a fan of the socks....

15. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You may be dismayed then to learn that the Mexico jersey posted is, apparently, the same as our away jersey except with a blue background and a red stripe . . .

16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree... the stripes would be much cooler maybe on the back of the sock.

An all white kit (shirt and shorts) would be nice in this, as well as an all Navy. Unfortunately, I think the blue for the alternate jersey is set to be a lighter shade than Navy.

17. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring back the 50's crest, something classic, not that US 'Rocket Soccer Ball' early 90's thing we have going on now...

18. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Korea.

The one on the far left could be Belgium, possibly China.

I think this jersey looks good, Cant wait to see the away jersey.

19. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The all green one is Morocco and the all red one on the left is Turkey I believe, could be China but I think China is Adidas.

20. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From left to right we have: Turkey, Croatia, Morocco, Mexico, USA, Portugal, Brasil, Holland, Korea

21. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, people were thinking that because Turkey and Morocco did not qualify, that they wouldn't be up there. But Nike and Adidas dont just make uniforms for world cup teams.

22. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bad a$$ USA jersey. I'm buying it....especially if the away shirt is navy with a white and red stripe. The retro US one is nice too. I think it's cool though to have a retro uniform to play in from time to time that is for sale in addition to a modern kit...especially when they are both awesome.

23. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    I've been posting this on the other threads about the jerseys. They are cool and I like them and they look very similar to the ones worn by the Allies in the movie Victory with Pele and Stallone. I would have liked a collar personally but it is still a cool jersey and I can't wait to get one.

24. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the kits , and I'm real glad we will not go into Germany this summer wearing the EXACT same kits as every other nike team. Unique is nice