New teams

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Aug 22, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will have at least three new teams in the W-League next year. Edmonton, which has been dicussed before, Western Mass. (not the old Springfield team) and also in Richmond, VA http://www.richmondkickers.com/news/072403WleagueAnnounce.htm (Home of the A-League Kickers and the PDL Future Kickers)

I do not have confirmation, but hasn't it been discussed about a team in Calgary? Sudbury?

We could start the discussion here about teams that will drop out as well.

I will start by saying Rochester will be back. Though they have stunk up the joint the last couple of season I hold hope that Jill McCabe and the Raven organization will have a plan to turn things around.

South Jersey is the team I predict will drop. Struggled to field a team at the beginning of the season, due to relying heavily on current college players, and had difficulties throughout the campaign.

Going out on a limb, I would keep an eye out for what happens in Vancouver. They wanted to drop out two years ago but the USL gave them the hosting duties of the Championships. And then this year with all their talent they lose in the first round to rival Seattle.

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    from what i hear...i'm pretty sure sudbury should have a team next season for the women's...they played a bunch of exhibition games this summer including vs. the inferno and fury.

elaine

3. ringster

ringster New Member

Jun 5, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    That would just be wrong if Vancouver lost its team. I am pretty sure they had the best attendance in the league.
    Its nice to see more and more teams from Canada though.

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--