New Supporters Club in NY

Discussion in 'NY/NJ Off Topic' started by Rooney20, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let them do it, not going to effect us in any way. Until I see something concrete in terms of a team coming to NYC, its going to be another empty cause, just like the promised NYC team of 1999 which was supposed to play at the Aquaduct.

3. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    they are loosers.... why cant they support the team we have now.... phila and phnx dont have a team thats what makes it cool.... but ny has a team so they should support rbny.... and if anything if there is another NYC team i would think it would be in long island just out side of queens maybe someone will buy the Long island rough riders and then they could start complaining why LI is to far and a bum to get to

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAha let em have fun funny to read can always have some fun hey I like rivalries :p

5. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    thats true

6. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They say they don't support RB because they play in NJ and not NYC. My guess is that they choose not to support the team because it sucks. Either way, its their choice.

7. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont understand their thinking...b/c there is a team right now that they can support. Its just a pipe dream...Wilpon said he might look into an MLS franchise.

SOB I can understand, but this just boggles my mind.

8. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    metros11 for them its like here choose a car ill give it to your for free.... a 2008 slr mclaren or a beaten down not even working 1980 dodge caravan and they choose the caravan.... its just they dont get it

9. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    once harison is in then people from manhatt will not be able to hide behind "well i want a team in the 5 boroughs" because it's just as easy to get to harison via path as it is to get to say central queens and takes about same time and is just as cheap

when harisson comes we will find out the real reasons most people in NYC don't suppport the team (most likely either the red bull name or tha fact that we don't have a winnning team)

10. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    mercury3164 actully the real case is people think RBNY and mls is a joke.... i went to my college the other day and my professor (hes hispanic) laughed at me because i had a RBNY jersey on and i asked him why he was laughing at me he said because that team is bad and the league is bad.... and another day.... i was palying in the park with my RBNY jersey and the same thing happen but that was with a group (a mixed hispanic group) of people and they said the same thing.... and i asked them have you ever watched a mls game and they all said no.... i have nothing against hispanics but they have to stop being "well my league is better so i dont like mls".... people have to give this league a chance.... i see more of my friends going to games thanks to esc and i plan to have around 30 of my friends to come to the kc match and sit with the esc and have a great time.... but thats because i go to everygame and pressure them to go and now they follow mls.... they said yes mls is not like the epl and la liga but its the local team and they have to support.... i just hate those people who hate mls.... like the saying i say.... are you good enough to play in the league no so support it.... and i get alot of people to support but its up to the person.... its just we have to get the hispanics from jersey.... ythe irish from the city and the polish greenpoint and the russians from coney island.... and the italians from the jersey mob and dyker hights and the jamacans from flatbush and etc we ourself have to promote the team.... but yes we have to get the players also.... but we ourself have to get the people in there

11. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Transfer!

12. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the type of shit that really pisses me off. I take this crap all the time when people find out I am a Red Bulls fan. They say MLS is a joke when they haven't even watched a $#@%in' game!:mad:

13. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    doctork i like the school but i would like to blast a RBNY soccer ball into his face haha

14. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah this has been done before. Where's that one guy with the NYCFC web site or whatever?

15. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    im with you on that one.... i just love how my friends used to be like that and after i converted them they like the league and the team

but you still have those well La liga and the epl is better so im going to watch that and not mls

when i do hear that i would like to screem in there face and say hey you fcuking a$$ hole if you dont go to games and support then this league will not get better so fcuking pay that 20 fcuking dollars and support.... have a great time grill before the game kick the soccer ball around and sit with you family or sing with the supporters

i just hate those people who hate the league if your not better then the product on the field then you better support

16. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have Jozy, JPA, or Stammler**do it :D

**Stammler has a ********ing rocket of a shot, thats why im referencing him.

17. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    haha i would love to

18. Quartz62

Quartz62 New Member

May 21, 2007
    I wonder if they are Giants or Jets fans.......

19. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    quartz62 i bet they are and they complain on the NYG or NYJ boards and they get knocked off and then they come here.....

i should start complaining too.... im sick of paying the tolls and etc and now i have to pay for a train to get to harrison to RBP why cant they build it in Union County NJ
    its so hard to get to the game.... i would rather site home on a conforable chair with a bud in my hand

OHH HOW DO I HATE THOSE PEOPLE

i love being at every game and being with esc.... its their loss

20. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing they don't realize is that they are going to get very bored very quickly. What are they longing for? A home team? No . . another home team. It's pretty much the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of.

I'd be surprised if any Sons of Ben tried to give them any support. They are spoiled, and clearly have no love for the game whatsoever. If soccer is happening within a 25 mile radius, I'm there - ESPECIALLY if there is public transportation.

I hate all of you bus whiners with a passion.

21. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    sublicon i love your hate to those people and i missed it on these boards haha

22. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea sub,where have u been?

23. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    i dont get it.

i initially started watching RB because they are the closest team i can find that i can actually support. I mean if there was no NY team then I'd have to be a NE or DC fan (thank God I am not)...

point being, if you love soccer so much as to start a supporters club to support a team that doesnt even exist...then why not just go to actual live games of an actual team? who cares about the name, the color of the jerseys..the location is not terrible..its all about the game if you ask me.

im at a point that if there even was another NY team created, I would still be a RB supporter, because by now I have so much history with them.

24. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    master shake great job

25. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now, don't lump us all in the same pot! I think this thing is just as big a joke as you do, but I would still prefer reliable, safe, comfortable public transportation to RB games...