New Sporting jersey

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So raiders it is.

There's so little going on, all of the bullet points are essentially "metallic silver of x logo required to be on all jerseys".

I mean, it looks fine...but other than the two teeny little argyle stamps, it is as basic as an Adidas MLS jersey can possibly be.

2. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I like minimalist black jerseys. I'm a fan. :whistling:

Sachsen repped this.
  3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still "meh" I'll wait to see them in person, but right now I'm saving between $80-$130 cause it's not worth it to spend that much on meh.

Can we talk about the really bad job of photoshop work done on this picture though?

4. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the keeper jersey.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an irrational dislike for the words reflex black after reading the bullet points.

6. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best part of the release article is the quote about working on it weekly for 2 years. That's probably not something I would be proud of given that the final product is just using the fill tool and 2 colors on the Adidas template.

I would love to see the other iterations they went through on their journey to find the perfect reflex black.

7. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Sad part is all they had to do to make this jersey one of the best out of all of the black MLS jerseys this year, is add a sublimated black argyle on the chest (similair to the black on black argyle seen in the photoshop release image). It would be up there with the Houston jersey but instead we have the most boring and plain jersey of the lot.

8. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna lie, I don't hate it. With all the shit kits that MLS has produced over the years at least it's not straight ugly. Boring absolutely but it could be so much worse.

9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's bad, man. Like... like real bad.

10. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    One small change that would instantly improve the jersey, imo, would be to just leave the crest in its normal colors. It's one of the few "it's still real to me, damn it!" things I feel about soccer, but the crest should never have its colors altered. There should be something sacred about it, and the knock-on benefit is that it would differentiate from all the other black/gray-scale jerseys that the rest of the league is doing.

KC Frostbite and kcscsupporter repped this.
  11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping this was the year I'd get a new one, but the jury is out. I need to see it up close.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much all my issues with this jersey have to do with the template and not SKC's choices with the design.

13. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like one of my dad's pajama shirts.

14. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get rid of the 3 Adidas stripes on the shoulder and it would look better.

mschofield repped this.
  15. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I fussing about the dots. They look cluttered and weird to me. Wish the jersey were a cleaner, sharper design than this.

Might pass for another year on a jersey. Wait to see next year's primary... again.

siskoeva repped this.
  16. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    I have the feeling that I will see this in person and immediately absolutely love or loathe it. I can see how I’d like it and also how the shoulders will just look too weird in real life.

17. xamers

xamers Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  18. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Even Besler said he loved everything about the jersey except the stripes. Also, what was up last night with making the fans wait 45 minutes for the players to come out. That was infuriating.

19. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Tepid reaction?

20. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    For anyone who was at the event, did it look better on the players. In the pictures, it looks like a woman's blouse. The polka dots are kind of a feminine design choice to begin with. Add to that the picture makes it look kind of loose and blousy. Curious if it looked better in person and when worn?

21. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ours is certainly not the worst of the bunch, but i can't believe how low they have portland's. imo, it's clearly the best. nyc and vancouver are far better as well. on the other end, how they don't have seattle dead last speaks to their love affair with them. just an embarrassing effort, as it usually is in seattle. shit designs with shit colors for a shit team with shit fans.

23. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uppa 90 repped this.
  24. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man, i've been calling for checkered jerseys for 15 years. unfortunately, they won't look as good now that we'd be using our two shades of the same color. it'd still look better than the dreck we've had for the last however many years, though.

Uppa 90 repped this.