New Soldier Field vs. Gillette Stadium

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by BigFrank, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bostonmasshole

bostonmasshole New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Quincy
    yeah that was robbie but unfortunately he's one of our fallen revarmy members. there's got to be some other pipers out there though...

2. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    I'm not a Rider or Fort denizen, but have been a midfield season ticket holder since day 1. I sit right on the midfield line. I recall a game earlier in the summer against the Mutts when the New York contingent definitely sounded louder than the Fort. David

That *was* annoying. That happened at the playoff game too. Two bad things about the opposite endzone...it begins much higher up than the Fort so you're farther away from the players. Don't know if the keeper or other players hear heckling/encouragement better or worse, though. The other thing is it's pretty much designated a "family friendly" section. We'd definitely run into more language related security problems than we do in 143, unless we did a lot of work with the Revs and security. Things are going well now in that regard so I hate to mess with it.

i think during the canadia/cuba match some of the fort gang went on over to the otherside. i'd like to hear their take on it if any of them post here....

We did go over to the other side that night, but that bastard Monty got caught saying a bad word and security intervened. It wasn't pretty so we all trudged back to the Fort asap. What did we sing on our trip around the stadium with the flag? Was it "God Bless America"? I think so. Anyway, it was an adventure, but not one I want to repeat without a change in policy.

I'd rather see and hear more noisy people in the section(s) than move. Passing out the hymnal is a great idea. I remember we had some on one of the bus trips. Working on it in the off season is good, too, but we need to practice as a group.

FWIW

Oh and one other thing...we did go with blue on the new version of the Riders t-shirts with the intention of being a close color to the Rev Army shirts...we've got blue scarves as well. Adopting "wear blue", like the red at US games, is a great idea.

amy

3. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding a move of the Fort to the opposite end of the stadium:

Remember that there are significant parts of the season where there are no seats behind the south goal - just an expanse of concrete.

4. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. Seems like they pull the seats for the first summer concert and leave them out until Pats season. That high-priced table service they tried there seems like it was a complete bust. Do you think the Revs would open up the flat section where they had the tables and let it be the place where the rules were loosened? Flags, horns, noise and mobility combined with good acoustics with the cement wall behind and on the sides? (BTW, I'm not dumping on the current efforts in the Fort. It's a long winter and my comments are intended only to improve the stadium ambience and pass the off-season.)

David