New Soccer Hater: ESPN's Mark Schlereth

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by SJTillIDie, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    soccer is not tough unless you play for national championships and you get payed for it.

having your whole country expecting you to win can be tough too.

people like jim rome talk big bc they get payed to be clowns and to entertaint fat lazy baseball fans.

2. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    if you are 6 3" 280lbs you eat like a pig.

3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's probably highly recommended to eat a lot of pig to maintain a mostly muscular 280 lb. lineman metabolism. That would require a shit-ton of protein, and pig is a good source.

4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This is awesomely incoherent.

5. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have u ever played Football?? Have u ever been sore not one day not a week maybe a few weeks from one game or one particcular hit..?? Ther is no comparison, no regular soccerplayer can't touch a NFLer. Defensive players are paid a lot of money to kill the quaterback, to stop the run, but it opponent to submission, at the same time running backs train hard so they can run thru the line. Truck that pesky corner back, truck that Line backer. And so one, s far as soccer players they hve. It made.

6. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    :D

if we gone talk about tough men here.

lets talk boxing, wrestling and rugby.

not fatties wrapped is pads, playing for 10 minutes and 3 hours of commercial breaks and time outs.

every sport needs athletism and soccer is one of the top ones.

its been discussed so many times here. if you are fat or too tall you are not as flexible, as agil, as fast, as quick as a soccer player.

all you got is your strenght which you get from fat by eating like a pig.

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're a ********ing idiot.

I'm scared that you're actually a journalism student. Thank god you weren't in my program.

8. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Look the man mentioned one time soccer, tht rally wasn't the basis of his rant

9. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    why do you always have to come out with the whole "yes we are 6 7" 300lbs"

we know that crap, and most of those muscles come from creatine, and most football players are fat. get over it.

if you trash our game, we will trash yours, thats the reality of men.

if you hate cristiano ronaldo and love being fat, thats your problem, nobody wants to know that.

10. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, we could change that to "if you trash our game, we will ignore you."

11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Haha. THAT might happen.

12. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What is Mark Schlereth doing these days? I only remember him from the Washington Redskins.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was trying to figure out how this thread made it past the second post before being moved to the Soccer Basher thread...

But it had some gems, like the guy who follows Schlereth's anti-soccer tweets during the world cup, to whom Timon responded...

And then the best part, AguiluchoMerengue declares that his man-love tendencies don't extend to bear-types...

All of which makes me think that he has posters of David Beckham in Victoria's undergarments all over his room.

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Summation win.

15. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    why do most people who hate soccer are either fat or never played sports?

16. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just felt like showing this pic. My friends buddy smashed his head into the other guys head when they both went for a header. The other guy got it worse though. His eyebrow was covering his whole eye.

[​IMG]

Anyways, being a huge Philadelphia sports fan in general, I hate when ever I hear football fans say soccer is a cat sport. But what are you going to do. At least Jim Rome doesn't rant on soccer like he used to. Now with Alexi getting in his head, he actually talks positive about soccer.

17. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    jim rome has not option, he is a nobody in the sports world other than some clown for fat espn viewers.

18. TFC_MLS_2007

TFC_MLS_2007 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

exact;y....some sports fans dont like the NFL, Baseball as they are too slow for a lot of people, it doesnt make them sports bad..just different.
    Football(soccer) will always be No 1 its the worlds game, played by the richest and poorest of countries..not too many sports can say that.

19. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nasty!

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Schlereth was a very good player. Multiple Pro Bowler, starter on three Super Bowl champions.

His son Daniel, incidentally, is a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers and his daughter, Alexandria, is an aspiring actress in Hollywood.

[​IMG]
    Daniel

[​IMG]
    Alexandria

Athletes come in all shapes and sizes and strength and agility are athletic traits, just like speed and acceleration and dribbling skill are.

I'm not going to mock his athleticsm because he was born built differently than Christino Ronaldo, who would probably last a series or two, at best, in an NFL game, just like Schlereth would be very much out of place in pro soccer.

So he doesn't like soccer. If he did like it, it wouldn't make any of us enjoy the game more - Mark Schlereth likes soccer so this game ROCKS! - and his disdain for it shouldn't cause any of us to think less of it, either.

Further, his opinion isn't going to impact the growth of the sport. At all.

21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Sandon Mibut pretty much says it all. We don't really have a "soccer bashers" thread on this forum; I would think the one on Business & Media should be sufficient, but all the same it was fun to air out some rants here.

Not much more to be said--thread closed.