New SKC TV Announcer for 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by banker6901, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And I love Men in Blazers. Prefer the podcast, which is complete crap. And, I also liked Cal and would have preferred him to stay, but in the end it was good that they didn't feel obliged to make a like for like replacement.

2. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think it's every broadcast team, but some of those that do have just brought in someone who was part of the club for a long time (eg duncan oughton with columbus). i think most of the broadcasts i've heard lately had either cal williams or adrian healey, but frequently when i get the other team's home announcers they all seem to be american.

i imagine somebody's put together a table or a sheet with each team's english/spanish tv/radio teams year by year, but i've never seen it. hm.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the broadcasts got more attractive, team announced Kacie McDowell is the new network host, anchoring pregame/post game and doing sideline interviews.

4. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had seen Kacie on Fox 29 a few years ago. Their entire morning crew was awesome and hilarious. I found out about them after they had a video of laughing at Ryan Lochte on air go viral. Bizarre that she's with us now.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's Kacie McDonnell, isn't it?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is, I misspelled it thinking of something else

7. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is she replacing Jake Yadrich or is he still around too? He could never settle in to the color spot, but I do think he knows his stuff and I enjoy hearing his analysis when he doesnt have to stumble through it "live".

Side note relating to new attractive announcers, Rachel Bonnetta at MLSsoccer.com is pleasing to my eye. That will be my superficial analysis for the day.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jake is still part of the broadcast

9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My contribution to the superficial analysis: Molly Dreska.

[​IMG]

AndyMead, ZooCougar and Oobers repped this.
  10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I feel a little bad, but I can't seem to remember if it was her or a different lovely brunette employee of Sporting named Molly who I sat next to on the Roadron bus ride to Dallas a few years back.

11. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not superficial, it's super official.

12. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Might be looking at another change with Bukaty's name being thrown around to replace Bob Davis on KU broadcasts

13. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've been pretty underwhelmed with our commentating crew / broadcast in general since Cal left. The biggest piece of that is the mindset pushed down by the FO, unfortunately. I can't stand the "guys sitting in a pub chatting about a game" vibe. I was spoiled with Cal and Jake, and Nate and Andy (and especially Kacie) just can't hold a candle to their knowledge and professionalism.

All that to state, I'm leaning towards being a fan of Bukaty leaving, with the underlying understanding that it probably won't do much to change what I don't like about our broadcasts.

ji_shuheng repped this.
  14. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cal and Jake were by far the best broadcast tandem Kansas City have ever had. Gruenebaum is not much better than Gutierrez or Victorine were. Honestly I think in general we would be better off NOT having former KC players on the mic. I haven't heard a really great one yet.

vividox repped this.
  15. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take Jimmy Conrad as a color analyst.

AndyMead and Soccer7947 repped this.
  16. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not his shtick. He is into the comedy / sidebar stories. I like my color analysts to play it straight and not try to be an entertainer per se. Give me analysis of what's happening on the field and within the team, not try to tell jokes.

I like him on KickTV but I don't think I'd like him on a game call, even as the sidekick.

ji_shuheng, Lord Helmet and vividox repped this.
  17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, love Jimmy, but he wouldn't improve the '2 guys at a bar watching the game' feel I have with our current crew.

vividox repped this.
  18. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think Nate Bukaty has a great face for radio, and a good voice for print journalism.

Luke Campbell repped this.