New site about statistics

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by Nicola1975, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I created a website with some statistics about the teams who play in the top 2 divisions of England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
    There is also a section about the rankings, to check how good or bad a team is ranked in a particular statistics.

The site is http://soccerranx.altervista.org/
    I try to keep it updated every day (at least in the weekends), but I do it by myself so sometimes the data could be delayed by 2 or 3 days.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Nicola1975

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england_2016&teamid=3 has good information. Have you ever seen that website? I've found results grids where you have to look across to see how a club did hosting every opponent and you have to look down to see how a club did at every opponent. The website I linked to has a page for each club. There is a table on the right that lists each opponent with a column for the home score and a column for the away score. If I wanted to see how Manchester United did against Norwich City, I think that table is better than the results grid for the whole league or looking at Manchester United's whole schedule and finding the games against Norwich City.

Nicola1975 repped this.
  3. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thank you EvanJ, I know that site very well, and actually I took from it the idea of the equalizer goals.
    My website lacks the distinction between home and away data; actually I have the data, but implementing them now would mean to slow down every search. In the next weeks/months I will (try to) shift to another kind of data storage/querying, to improve the overall speed; at that point I hope I will be able to put also the home/away infos.
    Before that, I will add another section with the main rankings in the 2016 calendar year (from the 1st of January until the current date).
    Regarding the possibility of creating a table with the results of one team against all the others, I think I could implement it before changing the storage/querying system. I will try.
    Thank you for the suggestions and your interest.

4. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When you query a team you can now find a table with their results against all the others.

5. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For each team I've added the fixtures with the next 10 matches they will play.
    For each league I've added the complete scores and fixtures.

6. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've added the main statistics about the 2016 calendar year (from 1st of January until now), and I will keep them updated until 31st December.