New Signings II?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Nicol had said they had a deal agreed to, but the team backed out. Maybe a few weeks later, with a guy who doesn't want to be there and no better offers, they're ready now.
    Nice. Q'est que c'est! :D

2. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if they can find where they buried it

3. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
    Run run run run run run run away

4. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Turkish Konyaspor made a $1.1 million bid last summer that Silkeborg chose to accept, So I doubt they are asking for more now... My guess would be that his prize tag now is between $900k and $1 million... Surely not more.

Regarding the deal with Konyaspor, then it fell through when the Turks were not able to pay the transfer fee straight away, as they had promised to do. Konyaspor btw also signed the Danish centre back Jonas_Troest on a free transfer in the very same transfer window, but he returned to Denmark and Odense only two month later, because he had not been paid his sign-on fee or wages... So it's safe to say that Konyaspor is a very unreliable and unprofessional club.

5. soccerFCUnited

Feb 29, 2008
    That article is based directly on the Danish press... so I don't know what you're talking about.

6. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Brilliant!

While they're at it, it is time for the Revolution brass to finalize a kit sponsorship deal with Dunkin' Donuts. That way, the minute Lekic is signed, the team and sponsor can unveil their "Coffee and Danish Striker" promotion. Every time Lekic scores a goal, Revolution season-ticket holders get a free danish with the purchase of a coffee, while all Dunkin' Donuts patrons can pay half-price for said confection with their java.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    It is based on the Danish press, but a few things got lost and/or twisted in the translation, mainly that while the club would prefer that he not leave until the end of the season they were prepared to accept a bid for him should the Revolution agree to meet their transfer fee; the club didn't say he wouldn't be available (at all) until the end of the summer.

So perhaps what I should have said is this: take this article with a grain of salt, especially considering the (secondary) source and the errors within it.

8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Considering allusions to other interested clubs, I hope we're not willy-nilly about this deal and it can come to fruition. He arrived tonight and will trial tomorrow and Thursday, so the press should get a good look at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Lemieux had something in the works for a feature as well.

10. Joeyfitzclick

Joeyfitzclick Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Newport RI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Anybody speak Danish ?

11. ethical1989

ethical1989 New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Attleboro
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing that is in our favor is that Silkeborg IF is currently losing money, so they could use any money they can get.

12. kazakal28

kazakal28 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Weymouth
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard New England Revolution of New York

13. NHFootyFan

NHFootyFan Member

May 28, 2007
    Outside Concord NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Is anyone in contact with Parkhurst? Anyone know what he thinks of the guy?

Also...psycho killer I like.

14. Coolwhip

Coolwhip Member

Jun 27, 2010
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, I had a kid translate it and it was nothing they we didn't know. They said New England is near New york. And all they said was that he wanted to move to america, nothing too detailed

15. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually they are not losing money... the club as such is is not good business, but they own a very profitable paper mill, so they are able to balance their budget. Their latest annual account show a small $19k (DKK 100k) profit in all. But since then, they have sold Jim Larsen to Norwegian Rosenborg for around $1.4 million.... Silkeborg also have a Net capital of more than $20 million, so they are not really in need of $$.

translated article:
    http://translate.google.com/transla...lende-overskud-i-SIF&sl=da&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

16. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Based on what Nicol said at the Phoenix (i.e., that they'd "thought" they had a deal agreed to, but the other team backed out), I would be pretty surprised if they were going this far (leaking the name to FDA, bringing him over) if they hadn't got the compensation worked out. I'm guessing he's come over to make sure he's comfortable with the team and vice-versa, more than anything, as a prelude to finalizing it.

17. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait ... aren't we mixing this up? I thought the player that they had a deal done for was in the Turkish league?

18. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Ahhhh... I see the connection now to NE's owners. This HAS to work.

Kevin D.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    From the Danish version of Monty:

"I can tell you that Rajko is a typical goalscorer. He has great finishing, heading and passing skills and he is quite fast, strong and atlethic. He is also great with his back against the opponent goal, meaning he is good at receiving long balls, get them under control and pass the ball onto a teammate. He is really good at receiving crosses and he likes to do the unexpected.

The problem with Rajko is his personality. He is from the former Yugoslavia and not so cold, shy and calm as the typical northeuropean dane. He will show his feelings, he will feel life is unfair unless its really good to him and he does have a lot of temper. This is both good and bad though. Silkeborg IF is the only club where he have been really successful. It really is all or nothing for him and in most other clubs he have either been injured or simply unpopular. But on the other hand, his temper and feelings is really important for a striker and the goalscorer instinct. He is both really skilled and he got all those instincts, so he is quite unique that way.

He is desperat to get a huge contract before he retire and that is why he want to leave Silkeborg. He have even been unpopular here too, because he said he wasn't motivated for being here. He did regret saying that and after scoring a few goals he have been forgiven. Even though his personality is a bit ego centered he will fight for the team and follow the coachs tactics - at least as long as he is part of the team and not just a substitute. If New England is in desperat need of a striker and he will be a star player on your team, I think he will be very happy and perform.

I think Silkeborg would consider a 0.5 - 1.0 million dollars bid an acceptable fee. Maybe even less. He was sold to a club in Turkey last sommer for 1 million dollars but they didn't pay so he returned to Denmark. He was very dissapointed. He thought he finally got the contract to secure him and his family for most of their future years. I wonder if the transfer is somewhat connected to the transfer deal New England had with a club in Turkey?

Its hard to compare the US league with the danish league. The danish league obviously isn't as good as the best european leagues but we're doing quite well in the European cups and the best team FC København (Copenhagen) made it to the knockout round of Champions League where they lost to Chelsea. I don't really know the US league but if Im right I think your players are very much alike and you need some of the special types we have in Europe. I think Rajko is that kind of a player. Also, if Jimmi Nielsen in Kansas is a hit in the US I would say Rajko Lekic has a lot of potential."

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He likes good cigars and good beer? :)
    Thanks for this ... good stuff.

I still think the Revs should go out and get this done.

21. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, reading that post got me really excited. If he can score goals in Denmark he can score goals here. Get it done.

22. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon REVS!! DO THIS!!

23. ethical1989

ethical1989 New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Attleboro
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to argue semantics but I never said the owners were losing money but the club is losing money, there deficit is 16 million crowns. Yes I know the paper mill has balanced that out but you can assume or maybe I shouldn't have assumed but they could use as much money as they can get for the next transfer window. I doubt they're gonna have much of a transfer budget when they are losing that much money, so any extra money from transfers will help them, is my point.

24. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's do it!