New Shirt (fan designs & ideas)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by jayjayo10, Nov 15, 2003.

1. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    You know, it's ideas like this: simple, easy to implement, low cost, Marketing 101 concepts that will forever keep you from a front office job at MLS. You should be out looking for a 13 year old phenom the Revs could sign up, or how about Mia Hamm?

2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cumberland Co, ME
    Perhaps if Mia were up front with TnT and promised to pull a Brandi Chastain every time she scored, more people would head to the game.

3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I can use my digicam to get it into my hard drive but i don't have anywhere of posting it online, unless I make it my avatar. I'll do that now. Maybe someone can pm me if they have a place they can put it online.

4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the pix on the "colours of football" page, it looks pretty bland all around. I realize that Reebok is going to give us the basic design they make for all their teams, so the idea of a more colorful uniform is limited. But which one of the 10 Comandments are we breaking if we decide to -- gasp! wear white shorts at home with blue socks and shirts? Or better yet, red socks, and we would look like Scotland in the 80s (or Portsmouth).

Yeah, I know the league came down hard on the Wizards and fined them several million dollars for trying to be the Missouri Azurri, wearing white shorts with their blues, since the unpardonable sin of the other team in all white meant that both teams were wearing white shorts--the horror! Here's a crazy idea: Let the team in white jerseys wear dark shorts (and maybe socks too).

If for no other reason it makes it easier to quickly identify the teams when watching the highlights of the week, this is needed. It reminds me of that cheesy show in the 70s about a HS basketball team, the White Shadow, where the opposing team always looked the same to the point you might have thought their name was "The Visitors."

Tom

5. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    [​IMG] see if that works for you guys. yahoo is finicky. also that's just with my webcam. my digi cam is dead right now but i'll be able to take a much higher quality shot later tonight.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Not sure if this helps give you a better idea of what it looks like. But here it is via the ad in Soccer America.
    [​IMG]

8. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The away uniforms are bland. You can't even see their numbers when SN addresses the "troops" at halftime in the first MLS game of the season in LA.

9. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Glad to see Cleese gets the captain's armband.
    ;)

BTW, I think it's fair to say the jersey sucks - bland, boring, unimaginative. Go to any Fall U-14 tourney and you're likely to see better. This franchise just gets abused by its kit-providers.

10. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made a phone call to the Pro shop the other day and was told that Revs Jerseys would be available, "sometime in June." And that Revs players didn't even see their road whites until pre-game in LA.

Ahhhh, the more things change...

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "Made a phone call to the Pro shop the other day and was told that Revs Jerseys would be available, "sometime in June." And that Revs players didn't even see their road whites until pre-game in LA..."

I knew the bit about the road whites not being sen until arriving in LA, but WTF about consumer gear being ready in June?

:mad:

The more things change, the more things stay the same; this is rediculous. I could go into some long, tired diatribe about this... but it's all been said before.

Maybe the Revs should have gone with Xara.

The Magpie

12. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Wow!

Kitbag is showing the NEW England away as a red shirt with a three lion crest!

:p

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    The only thing I can think of that makes the least bit of sense is this: I heard a rumor late in the off-season that suggested that the uniforms the Revolution aren't wearing now are not the "final designs" they'll be wearing come the end of the season. I.e., the current designs are only being worn until they get the real/final designs they've requested, something that'll apparently take Reebok some time to manufacture.

If that's the case, then maybe the Revs are going to wait until the final designs are in before they start selling any. I can respect that if this is in fact the case, but still... it's more unnecessary b.s. we have to put up with, coming on the heels of bad contracts with both Atletica and Umbro.

I have cash and hand now and am willing to buy the new jersey... no guarantees I'll still have that come June.

The Magpie

14. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm yeah, its getting old.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  16. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What are you talking about? The jersey renderings on page 63 look exactly like the ones we've seen. although I'm sure there's some really interestign stuff in that memo. I'm assuming it's legit.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm talking about the kit from the game vs LA. Not the renderings we have same which have all been similiar....

18. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah so am I. How did the kit in LA look any different from that rendering on that page?

19. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rendering on the MLS guide clearly depicts the Liverpool away look-alike which features the basic white kit that the Revs wore in LA. However, like the Liverpool kit, the accent stripes are in color (in this case blue) as opposed to the LA kits (the stripes were white).

20. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    what i find completely weird about this document is that l.a. is not scheduled to wear their "away" uni's.....ever. even at columbus, who is scheduled to wear their primary yellows at all times, gives up their yellow at home so that l.a. can wear theirs. where does mls come up with this stuff?

oh, and by the way....i'm not sure that just b/c this document shows some blue accents on the shirt that it actually lends any more credibility to the notion that what they've actually worn in an official mls match already is not the "real" shirt. at this pt, one uni isn't really anymore bad than the other. they're both completely boring.

21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how much stock to put in that document. Last year, there was a similar document that had the sock colors listed as well. For every instance, the Mutts were "supposed to" wear red socks with their white shorts and jersey, but as far as I can tell (3 games in person and several games on TV) I don't think they ever did.

Oh, and judging by our uniforms in the scrimmage Friday, I guess we can also get into the annual pissing contest with the Mutts, DC and Dallas fans as to who gets to call themselves the "Red and Black"

Tom