New shirt designs for next season

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by chrisc, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Screw the uniforms, we have a beast squad! :D Can you say: "La Liga x3 and Champions x2?" I can!

Home kit is not that bad though, and I'm really diggin' the orange one. I'll probably get one, with Messi's name.

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    New shirts arent that bad. I like the away shirt, I guess its going to be a new best seller :D As goes for home shirts I think there were better designs before but this one is ok too. Somehow I started to like red shorts, I will miss them. I guess we are going back to traditional ones...

3. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Exactly! But the site is still making a guarantee to deliver by July 5th...and it's already on back-order? Shouldn't it be in stock if they are guaranteeing? I'm in the US and I'm not expecting my jersey to be here on the exact day, but I would hope it gets here sooner than later.

BTW, have they revealed the 2nd away jersey? Is it still going to be the neon green one? I sort of liked it.

4. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Neon green

5. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
  6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They better be paying us a fortune.

;)

7. RemiNL

RemiNL New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Unicef? hardly :p

8. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    i'm willing to buy one of those.

9. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    All I have to say is WOW. I've never been so proud to be a fan of such a team. First, lemme roughly translate the gist of the article for those of you tha don't read Spanish.

- The details are still not set in stone about when and where the UNICEF jersey will be worn.
    - They will probably be worn for special/friendly games (i.e. the US Tour, the Supercopa)
    - There is a ceremony/presentation that Laporte wants to have with Kofe Anaan in the United States on August 11/12. Although, Anaan's presence is not promised.
    - Barca wants the fans to know that, although they've had many offers for sponsorships up to 20 million euro, this sponsorship is for NO MONEY. In fact, they will be donating money to the United Nations and UNICEF to the effect of 2 million euro a year.
    - Laporte feels that this move truly embodies the slogan "mes que un club". It is the best way to send the message to the world that Barca is more than just a football team. They want to be further involved with humanitarian causes and hope that this will set a trend among the heavy weights in the football world, where the priorities of players' high salaries are becoming distorted.

This is a truly unique venture for such a unique club. I think it's awesome. They should wear it for every game. I hope I'm not going overboard with the importance of this move. What do you all think?

10. keirosan

keirosan New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    I think wearing the Unicef version of the jersey for EVERY single game is a bit overboard.. I think they should just wear it for special games like their US tour matches etc.

Barça does have the right idea though. I just hope more clubs who aren't lacking in the financial situation (ie. Chelsea, R.Madrid etc) should be following Barça and giving money to these needy foundations as it is a great cause.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this club. =)

12. RomanCandle

RomanCandle New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Dallas
    That would be great, but we all know that won't happen because Chelsea and Real Madrid are EVIL and hellbent on spreading misery throughout the world.

Well, maybe not :D . But they aren't more than a club either, which is why they will sell themselves out to the highest bidder. Just like every other club does...with one exception, of course.

Seriously, I think it's a nifty idea. Stuff like this is the reason I became a Barça fan in the first place.

13. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I'm so proud of this club. I had heard something about the possibility and it's just such a noble thing to do. Barcelona is in a position in which they can acquire millions from someone like Betandwin or something and yet they choose not too, they choose to send out an important message.

USCule, I fully agree with you. This is a very important move, so wear it for every match. I saw this article and called up a friend and told him the Barca shirt will finally be 'tainted'. He was dissapointed at first, untill I told him it was for Unicef, and free. He was stunned.

Beautifull move by the board, absolutey incredible.

14. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    WOW! I've been following the club since 1979 and was against a shirt logo as much as the next guy.
    But this is totally cool! :cool:
    It will be available in the club's website/shop, right? After the August launch, most likely?
    :)

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it is pretty cool

16. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    10 Thumbs up.

17. guaranteedfootchase

guaranteedfootchase New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    TLV
    where is eto'o in the team photo of the new kits? trade of eto'o on the the way?

18. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    Yeah, I agree. This is great and definitely one of the reasons why we all love this club.

19. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I believe Eto'o is a Puma sponsored player...hence, why model the new Nike uniforms. I doubt there's a conspiracy behind it.

20. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    As long as they don't get a sponsor on the jersey i don't care how it looks, but I must say the orange kits could be better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    dunno, I like the orange ones, the look pretty good.

I guess there won't be no fancy yellow any more huh? I loved the blinding yellow :D

22. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

It's your lucky day!! The flourescent yellow is going to be their third jersey.

23. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like

[​IMG]

24. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    Sweet :cool:

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like that Barca agreed to have UNICEF on their kits, at least for some of the matches.

The Orange kits are not bad...pretty good in fact. Better than the neon lime.
    I loved the black and blue vertical striped away kits from a few seasons ago.
    Very different.