New shirt designs for next season

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by chrisc, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    I agree 100%. But on the other hand, Messi and Ronnie carving up defenses will look good in any color/design (well, I guess except for white).

2. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    pretty ugly shirt. how about a boycott. maybe then they'll stop making wide striped jerseys.

3. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    Same thing for Juventus, they're still thinking about the offer. There's another
    club with the same thing, they already accepted, but I forget who it was, I
    was too shocked when I heard Barcelona haha.

I don't know if they have to accept the offer or not, but we'll see. Juve's will
    be half black and half white of course.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, on the bright side, there's still no sponsor. :)

5. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    Atletico Madrid is the 3rd team, and they are the ones who already agreed.

Let's hope Barca doesn't do it. Hell, it'd be a shame if Juve did it too...

6. QuadrupleTree

QuadrupleTree New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    What say does Barcelona have in the design process? Does the contract with Nike allow the club to turn down this design; and if so, would Nike design a new shirt or would the club use the current one for next season as well?

7. CooperSRacer

CooperSRacer New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    TX USA

if these pictures are indeed of the official kit it MUST mean that FCB gave Nike the ok. from my understanding there is a lot of back and forth between Nike/Adidas/etc and the clubs they deal with each season in terms of what design changes they want.

ie they get together, fcb says 'we want this', nike says 'we have this to offer', they change it up....it's a back and forth compromise process like most things in business.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes! As long as the shirt isn't soiled with a sponsor's logo, I have no complaints. :)

Well, not much of a complaint anyways. ;)

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To answer this question, in hopes of making even more off of the supporters, teams/clothing sponsors will make the slightest alterations to a kit just to release a new "better" version.

10. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well if this is a new better version, I would hate to see what the worst version looked like, if any...

I'm with the mayority.. Hate two stripe one, love the orange one.

11. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
  12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    1. Like most here, I thing the big stripes are VERY ugly.
    2. I'd like to see a white Barca kit. What do you guys think?
    3. As for Madrid, I don't think that white one is too bad.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :eek:
    Some things just aren't meant to be. Barca in white is one. Yellow, blue, orange... anything but white.

15. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. RM is too much associated with that color.

16. Paulista420

Paulista420 New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Orange County
    I was looking at the picture of the kits at elmundodepor...thinking that Frank probably had more than a little to do with changing the main color of the shirt to his beloved Oranje..... this brings back memories of when he was in charge of the Dutch squad for the European championships in 2000: he insisted on changing the color of the shorts from white to black.

I found this article written at the beginning of last season thats mainly about the "Rijkaard revolution" at http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/managers/frank-rijkaard.html

the interesting part: "Although Rijkaard has yet to intervene at the Nou Camp the way he did in changing the Netherlands kit – black instead of white shorts, to bring back memories of the feared Dutch side of the Seventies – you get the idea he would not be afraid to "

17. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This has a everything to with the color white. For the same reason Madrid will never be in red/maroon or a navy blue (although they have worn blue before but much different shades). The other say I actually thought about the color white and Barca, realizing that in my lifetime they have never issued a single kit, warmup, or novelty t shirt in white. Even the campions shirts celebrating last years la liga win are red...conventionally these shirts are white...not at barca.

18. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    There was a big fuss when Kappa put their logo on a white stripe for the '92-93 shirts. Needless to say, that never happened again.

19. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Wow. Ah well. How about a solid blue or solid red kit. How is Oranje or yellow in our colors?

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yellow comes from the flag of Catalonia. ;)

[​IMG]

Don't know where the orange comes from. Maybe they introduced it for a Dutch connection when Cruyff was managing. Can't remember them wearing orange prior to 1992. :confused:

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    the dutch connection Barca's always had?

Plus, it just looks damn cool :D

22. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. LOVE orange as the second kit (or shirt only, for next season). :cool:

23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A red shirt would be quite nice. Don't know how often Barca's done it, but I remember only seeing it once, during a European home tie against some minnow club during the mid-80s... 1987 I think. I have a short video clip of it somewhere. Barca wore red (or maroon) shirts with the normal blue shorts. Their opponents wore blue shirts with white shorts. It was very strange to see Barca like that. :eek:

24. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    I've never seen the maroon one (until now), but I've seen the light blue one. Check this site out:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/potablue/enlaces/meyba.htm

It's a nice collection of images from when they were outfitted by Meyba.

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey, that's the shirt! That red one! :D LOL! At times I thought it was just a figment of my imagination, but there's proof of it! But as I've said, I've only seen them where it once. I'll try and look through my collection of videos to see which match they wore it in.

They've worn that light blue one in a few European finals, most notably against Steaua in '86. :( Also wore it against Sampdoria in '89 and against ManUtd in '91.

Geez. Lots of memories looking at all those shirts. :cool: