New release thread [3] - post all info, pictures about new releases here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    synthetic king? Odd move. I know the eco-king was also synthetic but seeing as it was meant to all be recycled that kind of made sense. Kind of looks like something people 50 years ago would have imagined today's players wearing. Kind of like how people thought we'd have flying cars by now and all wear space suits.

2. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    In fairness, there's still time for Back to the Future Part II to become a reality. Three more years and we'll have flying cars! :p

Seriously, though, agree that that King is an ugly color, but I like the idea of classic style boots getting a synthetic release. Not many choices out there for players who want something without both kangaroo leather and extra gimmicks thrown in.

3. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mizuno Wave Ignitus II
    [​IMG]
    Mizuno Morelia Neo
    [​IMG]
    Asics Streal 361 Pro
    [​IMG]

credit to wikibootleaks

4. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i can't see any pics...what happened??

is this just me or is this for everyone?

5. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    same i assume he took them dwn

6. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw them but I think he defo took them down. Pm him for them if your interested?

7. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Dang.. I didnt get to see the pics.
    Anybody has a copy? I want to see so bad!!

8. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't worry bout it. They are shocking.

9. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the new Umbro GT Pros remind me of the first couple of variations of Mercurial Vapours

[​IMG]

Image via Soccer Bible

[​IMG]

10. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, on the shape of it...but the previous looked much more alike it! ...in my opinion

11. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The fg studs on these are the interact Nike fg soleplate. I posted these a while back. I don't see why they didn't keep conical studs. The selling point for the gt pro was they were a lightweight boot that used conical studs not blades. I guess the new mizuno morelia neo will gain that attraction in the market. To me umbro have become lost under Nike it's like the experimental brand.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, I think what umbro was good at was making quality leather boots, that were cheap(compared to the other brands) yet lasted ages. Nike should have just helped them with marketing, not influenced the designs.

As much as umbro's designs were never eye catching they just looked good and you would see loads of players wearing umbro boots kinda like how people are with copa's there just good boots.

ohh how i miss my umbro x-boot, owen and luis garica used to wear them with deco in his x flare was it?

13. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The x-flare was a AMAZING boot. Best heel cup ever. Shame they just didn't last.

I agree they are just producing cheap looking boots now. The new speciali looks cheap. Again the just put the Nike legend soleplate on it. I just don't get it. The speciali has lost its identity. Boots like the mizuno morelias and copas are iconic due to the fact they haven't Changed. If it ain't broke don't fIx it rings a bell.

14. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The stud layout is nearly the same, and while there are subtle differences this is as close to the classic Intertract plate as it gets right now. The new Laser is close as well, but has two studs on the outside under the toes where the Intertact has one.

I am hoping to do a comparison between Laser and InterTract outsoles for a feature on dr.boots as I am about to start posting again. I just need to win the AZT II I am bidding on.

16. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    You are lying. They are not released yet, and you've had them for close to a year? Really? Not the original GT Pro?

18. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he probably has been testing them out.

19. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for a year? lol

20. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, for a year.

21. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Correct, and yes for close to a year. I was surprised myself because it does say GT II 2012 on them. Like I said though, the upper is a bit thick and the heel counter kinda over sized. It's comfy but not a speed boot by no means when compared to the adizeros or something really light weight.

22. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, it's not impossible...Umbro tends to do that! Like I've mentioned earlier, pro's in Norway wearing Umbro, wear boots that are supposed to be released, but also boots that's not released in other countries! Just like Adidas and Japan I guess...

23. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Is he one of a pro's? May we see some pics maybe? I envy those who get samples before release. Dang..

24. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No I'm not a pro, I was just a tester, and why would you need pictures? They are just blacked out versions of the shoes they have on the site posted on the other site :p Also I had the chance to test out the CTR Elite I they looked amazing in just black.

25. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Apologies if this question has been asked here or elsewhere, but does anyone have an idea for when these 2 colourways are being released?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]