New Outkast

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by 655321, Sep 17, 2003.

1. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Have you heard any of this stuff yet?? "Hey Ya" is absolutely smoking! I'll buy this the moment I see it...

2. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I live neaer Atlanta, so they had the stuff out here very early. "Hey ya" is terrific, so different from the usual hip-hop, soem weird mixture of P-Funk and a early sixties backbeat song. Amazing.

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think I may have seen the video for this when I was channel surfing and went across BET. Is this the one where it looks like a 60s "American Bandstand" type show, and they have back up singers dressed as (lawn) jockeys called "The Love Haters"?

Well, even if not, that was the best video I've seen in awhile. Great bass line, too. I'll have to check out the new disk.

4. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTCHA!!!!

5. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    That's it.It's a darn good video, too. But I fell in love with the song before I saw it. Really infectious. It's energetic and joyous, which is totally missing from the radio nowadays.

6. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great albums by Big Boi and Andre 3000.

I wish I could read a book about it.

7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Greatest line of this millenium.

8. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great single. Defo one of the biggest names in the South and deservedly so.

Let's hope more artissesssss follow suit and break what has de-evolved into formulaic lyrics over decent beats.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i've only had a few listens, but so far i'd say the big boi disc is far superior - i'm kinda disappointed with dre's half so far, but maybe i just need to let it marinate a little longer