New or Used: The Stadium Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Jan 13, 2011.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Is this the future. Not in Liverpool I'd say, or just not in my lifetime. Sounds like fun though.
    Good read.

How to build the perfect football stadium: From sliding pitches and 360-degree screens to breweries and Michelin Star dining (and even a jail!)... how sports grounds are becoming ever more spectacular

ADAM SHERGOLD: The fan who may have spent upwards of £50 on their ticket demands a whole lot more from their matchday 'experience' - and these are some of the very best around the globe.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6409825/How-build-perfect-football-stadium.html

el-capitano repped this.
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #552 SamScouse, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Update on Anfield expansion plans

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50501151
    Liverpool plan Anfield Road End expansion to reach about 60,000 capacity to about 60,000 by inviting local residents to attend public consultation events.
    • Anfield opened in 1884 with a capacity of about 20,000 and was originally the home of Everton FC before Liverpool took up residence in 1892
    • A redesign in 1928 gave the stadium a capacity of 30,000
    • Anfield's highest attendance came in 1952, when 61,905 saw the Reds take on Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • The introduction of seating on the Kop and redesigns of the Anfield Road, Kemlyn Road (Centenary) and Main stands in the 1970s, 80s and 90s brought the stadium to a capacity of just over 45,000
    • Liverpool officially opened the stadium's new Main Stand in 2016, increasing the overall capacity to 54,074

3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Had to track back a tad to find this thread. :)
    But here we go again. Upwards and onwards.

Liverpool take a step closer to 60,000-capacity stadium with Anfield expansion plans set to be presented to fans and local residents

Over 5,000 leaflets were handed out by the club, inviting the public to a series of public consultation events that includes a pop-up information stand at Anfield.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rpool-set-expand-Anfield-60-000-capacity.html

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    60K would be cool.... last time I was there it was only 46 or something...

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    usscouse, Red Bird and newterp repped this.
  6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    More photos from the Fail today as well.

REVEALED: First pictures of Liverpool's proposed new £60m Anfield Road End, taking the famous stadium's capacity above 61,000 and making The Kop the smallest stand in the ground

It has long been Liverpool's plan to put more seats in their ground and they have entered into a public consultation with the hope of being able to submit a planning application in 2020.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nfield-Road-End-increase-capacity-61-000.html

7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks really nice

8. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I gotta hand it to FSG , they don't stand still . New main stand , new training facility and now the Anfield Rd stand. It's great to see the Annie Rd getting a makeover adding to the grounds capacity but seeing that end of the ground seating more than the iconic Kop will feel kind of odd. Not complaining by any means I just hope that one day logistical problems like rerouting roads etc can be solved and the Kop can get a similar makeover too. I'd love to see the Kop closer to 20,000 again .

Magnificent stadium with a truly unique atmosphere.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wont accept anything less than this for the Kop

[​IMG]

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'd love to see the Kop redone as a "safe standing area" Get some of the old Kop mood back again. It still seems odd to me with mum and the kids sitting there.
    Somehow it's not as formidable. :)

speker repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    right on. I think FSG are holding back waiting for safe standing to be approved (which will happen I believe).

weird that once the Annie Road is redone, the Kop will be the smallest part of the whole ground.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, I think this is a must to really swing the Kop back to the old days.

13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The smart, ‘over time’ development of the stadium has been a great business move by FSG, especially with the two additions costing only ~£180M to add ~15,000 in seating capacity all while keeping us in our physical and spiritual home. Makes le arse and spuds spending billions in one go for their stadiums look utterly stupid.

asitis and usscouse repped this.
  14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Although cost would have been significantly offset by sale of their old stadiums?

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/live...ake-capacity-61000-12227376/?ito=newsnow-feed

Liverpool move closer to £60m Anfield Road expansion that would take capacity to 61,000

Liverpool have entered the second-stage public consultation for the expansion of Anfield and are confident that the £60m work will be complete by 2022. The club have released a number of images of the proposed new Anfield Road stand, which will add 5,200 general admission seats and 1,800 in hospitality.

The proposals would take the capacity of Anfield to just over 61,000, from it’s current 54,074, and make it the third largest stadium in the Premier League, behind Manchester United and Tottenham.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  20. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    thank God for the accuracy editing at the Daily Mail!!! would never have figured out which one he was....

upload_2020-3-27_13-59-45.png

23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  24. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    B.A. repped this.
  25. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I've been saying now would be a great time to fix all those damn potholes.

speker repped this.