New name for our Premier League...

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by |--LdC--|, Aug 18, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    And LFV rapidly gaining his reputation...well he already has a reputation if you know what i mean... tires business cof drugs cof cof

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Haha...

I think Jose Veiga will end up in jail before LFV, that's just where I have my money at though. :D

3. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Either way, I think every club president or SAD president have a better chance of going to prison then Pinto da Costa. His odds have to be 1,000,000,000 to 1 on going to prison. Any takers? :)

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    but diddy is doing it for his sagging business venture and he is that desperate tp put himself out there this bet and win think seems to me like a scam shame on them

5. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Well, I'll take some action, but, not from you. I'd rather go on betandwin.com and see if they are taking any bets on it.

6. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    I Personnaly don't have aproblem with BETand win being a Sponcer for the liga however I do have a problem with the title "BETandwin.com liga." I think they could have come up with a better title.

The other point is that they already have partnerships with Futebol enterprises such as Barcelona, Juventus, and sponcerships with the German NT and the Hungarian NT. Now are these entities being looked on as corrupt, is there even an inkling that these entities of being corrupt, So why do we (Portuguese) automatecally assume that they will be perceived as corrupt. :(

The only People in Portugal according to that article that seem to have a problem with the Sponcership are inteties that derive a beniefit from the relationship they get (by the government) with the league. :eek:

7. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    I think betandwin is the dumbest name..... LIGA betandwin I swear people are gonna make fun of that name.

8. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Come on guys, how many of you in talks to friends and family used Superliga Galp Energy to refer to Portuguese Superliga???? Not me i am sure of that. If it wasn't for the logo on the balls...soccer balls, i would not even know Galp Energy sponsor them.

I agree that this is a dumb move, but it could be worst. They could have Magnum Condoms all over our balls....soccer balls.

People play Totobola, is not like we don't gamble on Superliga games. Let's concentrate on soccer and not on a sponser.

9. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  10. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    If what your saying is true tell me which Italian league team that has been to CL has gone bankrupt. Which one.

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow...

You know, the fact that you trolled didn't leave me with the expectation that you'd be able to read.

What he said was those teams have used money they don't own to buy their players, which is completely true.

12. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fiorentina...
    Napoli...
    Lazio...
    Roma...

13. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Get your facts straight Bozzo.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he's got atleast an argument going, what's not straight is your intentions on this board. You gonna back up your argument with facts or are you just here to call names?

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yup, too bad Fiorentina couldn't be protected like the others were for years and years.

Didn't Fiorentina have to change the name? Isn't it Florentia Viola but everyone still calls them Fiorentina???

16. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    When were Forentina in CL?

17. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
  18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
  19. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's Fiorentina, not Forentina. Now, I had made a previous warning, one which was not adhered to. So I'll say it again - the CL and how many teams from which league get in DOES NOT have anything to do with the name of the Portuguese SuperLiga. Another post like that from you and you will be seeing more red squares next to your name - lo capisci? Grazie. Ora, arrivederci...

20. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I hope this deal gets cancelled somehow. This company doesn't care for the Portuguese market, they just want their name read out everytime the Portuguese league is mentioned on a European sportscast.

By the way Força and Goodead, when are we gonna see the new Portugal forum tag-line changed to The Selecção & Betandwin.com league Futebol? :p

21. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This is the type of stuff that keeps me coming back to bigsoccer.com, guys that attempt to mudsling but have no clue about what they write...

Time to go read your "Gazzetta del sport" You probably know as much about Serie A as I know about Brain Surgery...

But to Forca's Point this thread is about betandwin.com
    and I think they should drop this sponsor..I don't care how much money they gave the league...

22. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Hey Juvelino Fagino, you would not know Clue if you where spotted the C L U E.

23. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As sharp as a sphere this kid is.

Puns aren't your strong point, btw.

24. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Once again Petersucks has open up the book of wisdom and forgot how to read it.

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Folks, I have made a request to ban the troll from our forum. I will not delete any of the posts that he has made so that the higher ups can see what his contributions to this forum are like. In the meantime, please ignore all of his comments. He will soon be dealt with harshly...