New Manager + New Technical Director

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "축구인이 아닌 정몽규 회장이 예스맨들만 곁에 두고 축구인의 목소리를 듣지 않는다면 지금보다 더 큰 난관을 맞게 될 것" - 김호 감독

DHMGKorea repped this.
  2. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HJM seems good

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah, already upgrading your firmware with Huh Jung-moo I see. #BelieveInHuhJungMoo

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I totally forgot that we won our first WC match in foreign soil in that WC. And we also didn't have Hong Myung Bo who was our 1st choice defender for 4 previous World Cups.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    At this point I hope we don't qualify and I hope Chung Monggyu quit after that.

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hong Myung-bo already retired in 2002 alongside Hwang Sun-hong. He was a part of Advocaat's coaching staff.

toohyper repped this.
  7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yup. I know he retired. I guess I should have mentioned that.

Seol Korea repped this.
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I guess I should expect Lee DG to be the main CF for 2018 WC (Kim SW as his understudy) :ninja:

chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Also get ready for the return of the legendary Oh Beom Seok :whistling:

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    and behind the scenes.. they are begging Park JS to make a comeback. "COME SAVE US.. COUNTRY NEEDS YOU" :whistling::ninja:

11. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really wouldn't mind Yeom Ki Hoon

12. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    I still cannot forgive '왼발 병신' Yeom for his 1v1 miss against Argentina in 2010.

13. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Oh for crimes sake, REALLY dude? I get depressed reading these kind of posts. Especially when its from the same doods who were begging to lop off Stielike's head.

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Chung Mong Gyu won't quit. He doesn't have enough money to hire a legit foreigner. He needs his "yes" men so he can get away with being parsimonious. He's sucking the inheritance milk of one of the smaller cash cows of his family since he's in the lesser side of the inheritance line.

Yet he doesn't have enough money to do anything remotely close to his KFA role that would give him 명예 to possibly launch a political career. He's a tick that just won't release from its blood supply of 명예.

doraemon and killaorca repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #140 Seol Korea, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Apparently, there's been an ongoing battle within the KFA among the committee members and advisors regarding the former Technical Director Lee Yong-soo and the mishandling of the current situation of the KNT. Supposedly, Lee Yong-soo made a proposition of Kim Hak-bum as the new manager of the KNT, but it was quickly rejected as the movement to boycott Lee Yong-soo's frame/agenda was too strong, thus losing the battle of power/authority against the committee members.

Now, inside fights and fragmenting within the KFA is nothing new as it has been ongoing for decades, but it clearly shows that there were a lot of heads and backs turning against Lee Yong-soo for quite some time, preferably due to the poor handling of the KNT's situation to which the blatant hiring of Stielike was the starting point when Lee was in charge.

aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Is it possible to have Chung Mongjoon back?

17. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    #142 Rob_Brighton, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    It was Togo. :rolleyes:

Besides, you were saying there is plenty of time to hire a foreign manager, but it is quite different trying to recruit a manager for a team that has already qualified versus one that has an uphill battle to qualify.

jessypjs repped this.
  18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Doesn't matter who the opponent is. Besides, Togo in that World Cup had Adebayor as their striker (who was a legitimate threat).

Seol Korea repped this.
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You make it sound like beating Togo was a walk in the park, they were not entirely a weak side. And again, even with the uncertainty of a WC berth, it still doesn't give the excuse of not broadening your search, and the problem that is the KFA's tendency to overly wimp out and sell themselves short without even giving it a push or two.

20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    The actual problem isn't the KFA pushing hard enough it's the organizations inability to know when to push at all.

It's a good ole boy club with dinosaur personnel who have never played at truly high levels or even know what that's remotely about so when it has to deal with federations of higher pedigree it's completely like a fish out of water. That's why our negotiation capability is so poor. We'll need the 2002 generation to start taking lead roles and replace the old guard if it is to succeed.

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Dream KFA:

Director: Cha Bum Kun

Technical director: Kim Hak Bum
    Technical commitee: Lee Young Pyo, Hong Myung Bo, Park Ji Sung, Han Jun Hee

Manager: Senol Gunes

Chances of happening: -100%

Real KFA: Chung Myung Gu and his men (aka Kim Ho Gon, Huh Jung Moo, Hwang Bo Kwan, etc)

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :eek:

Hodori repped this.
  23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    what's the obsession with Kim HB? another old guy...

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I do think it is also important to have someone who has experience running a large organization on board, not just former footballers who demonstrate affection towards Korean football.

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Because he is way better than Huh Jung Moo. Also, he's the same age as Joachim Low and 1 year younger than Choi Kang Hee, as a manager it's not "an old guy". We don't have a Nagelsmann.
    Is age a factor anyway? It's about how modern they are and Kim Hak Bum can be regarded as modern. He even studied Simeone's style a lot during his studies in Madrid.