New Manager + New Technical Director

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Throw money at Gunes. Let's not fvck up this chance again.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    U want hmb as technical director but at the same time I hace a feeling he just got name dropped and you don't know if he actually wants the job. But if he's picked I hope he brings in LPY and some other 2002 players.

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    KFA should seriously think about hiring foreign technical director. Of course, I understand this is pipe dream :whistling::ninja:

chook90 repped this.
  4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have no problem with a domestic coach for the next 2 qualifiers. At this current point, we need to go with an interim coach who knows about our players and our situation.

If we do qualify, then I'm all for a good foreign manager. Of course, this is a pipe dream though with the way KFA operates.

5. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korean media in a nutshell

6. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    not that important right now, but we were leading 2--1, when Kim Nam Il awarded a penalty to Nigeria.

If Yakubu had scored the tap-in, it would've ended up being 3-2 Nigeria (Penalty goal + Yakubu). Of course this is all else considered held constant.

7. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    The Yakubu miss happened before the penalty. Can't just assume that penalty would happen if Yakubu scored that first time. Whole new timeline haha.

In the end, it evened out: Yakubu with dumbass miss balanced out by KNI's subsequent low-IQ foul (which Yakubu scored).

chook90 repped this.
  8. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah we're definitely entering some alternate reality/multi dimension/ butterfly effect stuff right here. lol

9. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    If it went in, it would be an offside. It was very close but most, even the ones hostile to Korea, all admitted it was an offside by an inch. The linesman did not see it though and the referee might have seen it but most likely he didn't and if it went in and the offside was not called Koreans would be all fuming because there was another even clearer offside goal by Argentina earlier.

As others pointed out, it is kind of meaningless to discuss what-ifs. There are several of those in a game usually.

P.S. If the offside goal stood, Yakubo could have been disturbed by the booing Korean fans and a tinge of guilt resulting in a PK miss later. haha.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man I hate how this is taking such a long time though. Pick a t.d and manager quick and schedule a friendly nexy month pls.

11. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i have like zero faith in huh jungmoo. what is he going to do against iran without park jisung saving his ass

Seol Korea and aeh1991 repped this.
  12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i think a change in manager will see a boost in performance just from the change itself. but people need to keep expectations tempered (myself included).

i also think that while the quality of a manager is important, their fit with our group of players is fundamental. it's thought of as easy to play hard for the national team but i think it requires extra motivation brought on by the manager to play hard for a team you only play with a dozen times a year when you're away from your real job. that 2012 HMB team was special, largely because of that aspect imo. i never got a sense that the players played hard for stielke and they played scared. you have to be comfortable on the pitch to play a beautiful game

aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Agreed. It shouldn't take this long. Instead, everything is irresponsible:

- 48 hours to fire a coach
    - 48 hours for the technical director to step down, without any contingency plans or a transition plan
    - Undefined period in selecting a new coach
    - Systematic KFA breakdown because they don't have a technical director; don't they got a vice director who can assume the role in interim?

All those items as above should've been completed within 24 hours. What's the hold up?

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    We are so ********ed...

Also shouldn't they hire a t.d first?
    Pls someone contact Hiddink and ask him to be the next technical director.

15. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #65 Fector, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Jung MK the irresponsible jerk is out of country right now on a business trip for his company. Nothing can be done until he returns. Please no "can he do it over the phone?".

Technical Director and Technical Committee either don't get paid or get paid very little. It is an honorary position mostly.

16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    If HJM becomes the KNT manager I have no faith in Korean football anymore. That moron is co-responsible for the Brazil disaster and had stepped down only to come back 1 year later in another mysterious position. He's (together with Hwanboshit) the living prove that the KFA is a f'cked up, corrupted organization. Him becoming the manager is (beyond the matter if he's good or not) a sign that the KFA doesn't give a shite about what the fans want.
    He should be nowhere near the KFA.
    Btw he's been doing nothing but commentating for jtbc (?) since having failed at Incheon. And his commentary reallly sucks You can clearly hear out that he's from the old school who doesn't have any clue about tactics. Especially his "슈우우웃" shouts when a player's in decent position is ridiculous. His football philosophy is "shoot when you get the chance" but doesn't care how to create chances.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KFA has to quickly contact him.

Throwing money at Gunes isn't necessary, he'll accept at a reasonable offer.

18. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    I have a bit of a soft spot for HJM because he knows how to get talented players on the fast track... but everything you say is true. But I do think he has slightly more tactical acumen than given credit for, though it's definitely nothing to write home about. He'll be a lot better than Uli at the very least.

19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't buy into the media overhyping friendship radish as they've been doing that nonstop for the past 24 hours or so. Once a Technical Director has been confirmed, then we should get something about a new interim manager, but until then, take it for a grain of salt.

And again, Lee Yong-soo's comment regarding the difficulties on hiring a foreign manager is nothing but a '드립'. There's sufficient time to search for foreign candidates whilst the interim is in charge of the last two WCQ matches; the irony of saying there's not enough time to bring in a foreign manager when Advocaat came to Korea in a similar time frame back in 2005 :rolleyes:.

chook90 repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Han Joon-hee picks Hakbumson:
    [​IMG]

Jang Ji-hyun picks Shin Tae-yong:
    [​IMG]

aeh1991 repped this.
  21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Didn't this clown resign? He's such an incompetent piece of shit. He had the audacity to say he hired Stielike because he was a nice guy and cancelled remaining interviews. Even my local Korean supermarket has better hiring practices.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, that's the ironic part, he turned in his resignation but still had the nerves to say that hiring a foreign manager would be impossible due to the lack of time, to which he specifically said that wasn't for him to speak of. Also, one article explained that instead of searching for both foreign and domestic candidates back in April, he and the Technical Committee did nothing but twiddle with their thumbs; the incompetency is beyond retarded.

Again, former Technical Director Lee Young-moo brought in Advocaat at a similar time frame, so there should absolutely be no excuses.

TaegukRedDevil and killaorca repped this.
  23. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Why would it take time? He obviously doesn't do any diligence when hiring. Smh

chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's just an excuse, there's a lot of time to hire a foreign manager before 1-2 year end friendlies in October/November.

Chingoo repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Btw, Lee Yong-soo should also step down from his VP position.