New look

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by trickyfool, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Well then that's it. Like I said, give the people what they want. If that's the Los Angeles Galaxy, and I can't believe it is, so be it. The name is crap, the color scheme is lame, but if the fans know it and like it, keep it.

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee.... We're all so glad we have your permission.

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit that I don't like the Galaxy name much, but it's growing on me. Besides, Riot Squad has made a few nifty songs with the Galaxy name it, so why mess it up by changing the name?

4. snowfx2

snowfx2 New Member

Jul 28, 2001
    so cal
    I'm thinking it will probably be the same color green as the seats. As I'm assuming the seats will be the same color green as seen in many baseball parks around the country like Edison Field.

5. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    No problem.:)

6. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    I saw the drawing of the Galaxy's home jersey for next year. If you go to a soccer shop ask if you can see the Nike Spring/Summer '03 catalog. The color of the jersey is goldenrod with a "sash" of black and green(looks like forest green). The Galaxy badge is now in the center above the team name. It's the same design as the Barcelona and Inter second jerseys that some of you have seen in soccer catalogs like Eurosport.

Of the four MLS teams that Nike outfits; ours is the worst. The Metrostars jersey is like the Barcelona one, the Earthquakes is like ManU(royal blue with small black panels), and the Fire one is the ManU jersey with the current Fire design, it is not just one solid color like the Earthquakes one is.

I hope that this new jersey grows on me, as the current one did after I first saw it, because I don't think it looks very good. Sorry to break the news.:(

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That's the away, as far as I was told.

8. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Like this?

[​IMG]

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  10. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    Yup, it's like the Inter pic with the colors that I mentioned. The green is the bottom part of the stripe and the badge is in the center below the "V" on the collar.

In the catalog it states it as the home jersey. I don't think it would be the away jersey because Nike would not make the away jersey available for retail before the home jersey. Also, it took Nike forever to release the current away jersey. Well over a year after the release of the home design.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Nike has misnamed jerseys in the catalog before. I say this also because I know for a fact the new home is green.

The Fire jersey shown won't be our jersey next season, either....Nike won't be our sponsor.

12. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hala, not that I doubt u, but just out of my own curiosity, how do u know all this info? can u provide pics of the new Galaxy jersey? thanks

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I cannot provide a picture. Sorry. They are not online and I do not have my own copy.

14. Preston North End

Feb 17, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a dumb question...the color goldenrod is, gold? Correct?

Such as the color of the "third" jersey Galaxy have worn on occassion for some US Open Cup matches?

If so, this new away shirt is goint to look very nice.

I think the new green could end up looking like the green in the Norwich shirt...

[​IMG]

15. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, how do you like the new LAG jerseys, PZ?

16. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, poor, poor Ipswich fan. It's okay PZ, I'm not fond of that color scheme anyway.

17. mattyc2422

mattyc2422 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Melbourne
    Personally, being a LA fan, living in Australia, I love the current style of jerseys and believe they have a touch of originality, class and uniquness about them.

Easily recognisable and I feel shouldn't be tampered with.