New Jersey Poll (No not the state)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by catfish9, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Do you like the new jersey?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2021.
  1. Burn it!

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Eh, it'll do - Can't wait for the jersey guru's next iteration

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  3. Damn that's sexy!

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Someone needs fired!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. At least it's not the minion thing

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In anticipation for the big reveal...

Voting is encouraged before even seeing it and then feel free to change vote afterwards.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. Saw the title, figured it was a referendum on Danny Szetela's barfighting career

3. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    In fairness - all of the poll choices could just as easily be applied to the state...

Burn it

catfish9 repped this.
  4. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My vote remains unchanged. It's fine. If it wasn't for the no yellow kit, I'd probably like it a lot.

Let the excitement for what Marcus Diley comes up with next start.

Tobias C and SLSHOT01 repped this.
  5. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with, "Eh, it'll do". I don't like it, but I'm not quite in the "burn it" camp.

catfish9 repped this.
  6. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted Minions. They are getting another movie aren't they?

7. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    I think it is a sequel to the prequel that is still a prequel to the originals.

AKA - Cash grab

CybrSlydr repped this.
  8. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I went with "It'll do" leaning towards "Sexy".

catfish9 repped this.
  9. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The yellow shorts and socks saves it for me, but like many others I look forward to Marcus D's next generation (yellow) jersey. If it's really what they tried, the concept of tying the design of the jersey to the new stadium design is intriguing, but the execution is poorly done. The pattern on the front of the shirt is not immediately recognizable as a tie-in to the stadium. I feel like this portion should have been a smaller pattern and taken a specific detail of the stadium and abstracted it. I really like the logo graphic they created for New Crew Stadium.

Tobias C repped this.
  10. zanycrew

zanycrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2001
    Roxbury, NJ
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in the New Jersey so I love it. That being said, I just received my new "Stadium Kit". I got the authentic without personalization. I have FOMO for a gray from my younger days. The new jerseys are very nice. Super-light and breathable. Probably requires a t-shirt underneath in brisk weather. Seems well made. The larger outline second star is a nice detail even if they are both washed out in the gray. Only complaint is they seem to run big. For the authentic I went up a size like my last yellow one. The XL in this version is HUGE, like from the '90s. Muumuu wide and long with a huge V-neck. I guess authentic no longer means athletic fit? Returned and reordered a large so hopefully it'll fit more normal.

Tobias C and Bill Archer repped this.
  11. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received the Authentic black jersey with NCH on the front with the second star for my birthday. I was a little concerned because they say you should go a size up when it's athletic fit and the person who got it for me got my regular XL size. If I were my last year size of 5'9" 225 lbs., it would be tight, but this year at 190 lbs., it is loose but not too loose. If I had narrower shoulders, I might consider L.

As of right now, my jersey is back at the Crew Shop. I contacted them through the website about sending it in to have NAGBE 6 added to the back to honor my fellow Akron alumnus and they were very prompt about responding. When I mailed it back for modifications, they were prompt in calling me to acknowledge receipt and arrange for payment. I will let everyone know how it works out.

12. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the same applies to the new white jersey? I'm 5'11" and about 220 lbs. I havent bought a jersey since the first Acura ones in like 2017(?) but I was a little bigger then (like 250 lbs). At that time, I still typically wore an XL in most things and that would give me a slimmer fit typically. I needed to upsize for the authentic jersey back then. Now I'm kinda on the cusp of L and XL depending on the garment. I also intend to keep losing weight so that's something to sort of plan around. If I buy the new shirt, it sounds like it could possibly be a little more true to size (like a replica)?

13. zanycrew

zanycrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2001
    Roxbury, NJ
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "Stadium Kit" or gray jersey I was referring to is the new one with the white back. In old Adidas jerseys before the advent of replica/authentic I used to wear a large because the mediums were always just a bit uncomfortable. I think the new authentic kits are similar sizing to the replicas now and worrying about upsizing may not be an issue as long as you are not toward the upper limit of a size. I'm 5'9'' 165 lbs. so while a medium fits around the shoulders it can bea little snug at the waist. A large in the new "Stadium Kit" should be good for me considering the XL was a tent.

Tobias C repped this.
  14. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received my newly updated jersey by FedEx today. The Crew team shop was great throughout the process. Here is the result.
    20210313_200153.jpg
    20210313_200159.jpg

zanycrew and TKyle repped this.
  15. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yesterday I went to pick up my jersey at the stadium shop. Boy, they don't make it easy to get there. Between the home and garden show and mass vaccination site, most of the streets were closed. I ducked through a gate that was open for a utility truck working on a pole.

The ticket office was closed and the guy at the merchandise store hadn't heard anything about how to get Real Esteli tickets.

16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pro-tip: Get off 71 on Hudson and use the staff entrance to the stadium. I think I've entered Crew Stadium from 17th less than 5 times, ever.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that open due to the construction of the training center?

18. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. I'd think coaches and players would still use that entrance, since they use the lot at the north end of that stadium, but there's no longer any access to the main parking lots via that entrance. Unless you want to drive over our new practice fields.

19. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I went down there last week (or whenever it was) to grab a couple of the New Stadium jerseys Gate 17 was open and accessible - that's the gate at the North East corner of the stadium. I suppose I should have specified that I wasn't speaking of the player's entrance.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  20. zanycrew

zanycrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2001
    Roxbury, NJ
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The large has arrived and it is glorious. Fits like it’s all bespoke and stuff...

94378371-9C7E-450D-B7BF-8A7E23E71615.jpeg

catfish9, CybrSlydr, redi44crew and 4 others repped this.
  21. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks great, except for the fact that the two stars are almost invisible. I wonder if they will eventually add a black border on the stars?

22. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More I see it, the more I like it. I'm over it not being Yellow. Still enough Black & Yellow that it is very much still obviously Crew. Haven't said it in a while but man - Our Crest kicks ass!

23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This makes me happy. Glad to have you back.

24. zanycrew

zanycrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2001
    Roxbury, NJ
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My photo doesn't do it justice. The stars show up more than the photo shows, especially the one with the thicker outline for last season. And the more I look at the gray pattern on the front, it definitely is an abstract and reminiscent of the corner roof intersections of the stadium gate entrances.

WhiteHartShame repped this.
  25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think *our* stars are hard to see--check out the Germany jersey for the Euros...
    [​IMG]