New Italy Home Kit

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by asprillialim, Jan 3, 2008.

1. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    [​IMG]

New Italy 2008 Home Kit!!!!! Love it!!! Going to get it!

2. Lupo1971

Lupo1971 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    I thought it looked quite good when I saw the pictures the other day but now I have seen these proper ones, I absolutely love the shirt! Best Italy shirt EVER IMO.

I cannot wait to get my hands on one, will look even better with the names and numbers added.

Good work Puma!

3. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Its simple and looks way better than the away shirt, the gold looks classy... I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10.

4. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
  5. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Amazing. I love it, 9/10.
    Hopefully we can play as nice as the jersey is; if that makes sense.
    Forza Azzurri

7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow that is gorgous. the lettering should make the jersey look twice as nice. hopefully the lettering isnt the lower case children font the one puma uses normally.

8. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you guys see any similarities between Nike and Puma made jerseys? Or it is just me?

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL you guys all went from hating it in the other thread to blowing your load with the full size photo.

10. Lupo1971

Lupo1971 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    I liked it in the original picture but knew it would look better in the proper picture.

And i'm not disappointed - it is an awesome Italy shirt!

11. DonMancini

DonMancini New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Montreal
    Well this picture is better and I like the colour of the blue, but I don't really like the gold to be honest. I wonder what it'll look like on a player.

12. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    i'm kind of disappointed, i mean, its alright and everything but it doesn't blow me away.

don't ask me what should change, it just doesn't grab my attention.

it kind of reminds me of the 2002 euro with the colored collars and sleeve tips.

i wonder if there is going to be a number on the front.

having said that, it may look awesome on a player

13. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    There should be number on the center of the jersey. Just like the current home jersey that was using. FIFA stated that there should be numbers at both front and back when teams compete in competitive tournaments like World Cup and etc.

14. JumpinJackFlash

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    If they are using a similar material to Nike, I hope on the longsleave shirts the arms are a tight-stretchy material too, instead of baggy ones. Kinda like this....
    [​IMG]

15. JumpinJackFlash

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
  16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the colors but the style is nothing special........I need to see it with names and numbers.

I wish they would start making nicer jerseys...the best italy jerseys were the KAPPA ones!
    Puma makes crap jerseys for everyone and i dont like the small fonts either.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like the jersey, but I'm getting a little tired of the gold trim. I know it celebrates the world cup win and everything, but I want to go back to the traditional azzurro/white, with white numbers and letters.

18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Meh, it's a decent looking jersey, but nothing special in my opinion. If find they went a tad overboard with the goal trimming. It looks a little too flashy with the glossy blue fabric in my opinion.

I also would've liked it to have been a collared shirt similar to the away kit instead of a v-neck. In all honesty, if I'd have to choose between this one and the new away kit I'd probably go with the away kit.

19. Azzurri4Life

Azzurri4Life Member

Oct 7, 2006
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. Ita-06****

Ita-06**** New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Edmonton
    Awesome looking kit,by the way will this one have the same thermo bonded construction (no stitching) as the previous one...?:)

21. temo

temo Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Canada
    It's a decent jersey, but Puma still haven't given us the same design quality we've had in the past from other sponsors.

It's even sader now that we share a template with a dozen other nations.

The collar is definitely a mistake, and might be the worst we've ever had on a home jersey next to the one from Euro '96. The gold highlights, which look subtle and classy on the away shirt, unfortunately look gaudy and unsophisticated on the azzurri.

Everyone should take a look at the Brazil away kit to see how blue and gold can work together to create something beautiful.

I suppose it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, it's Italy, and we'll still look better than anyone else rocking their own national colours.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Check this from the FootCenter site. It may be the training shirt. I could go for this instead ...

[​IMG]

23. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    It's more like a T-shirt version for the Italy jersey.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But it definitely has the classic look. I like that style better than the kit version.

25. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    trust me after our first game with them, everyones gonna say "omg their so nice, im buying one....etc.." lol ...seriously they look really nice, and during a game they'll look even better.