New Italian Stadium Update Thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by indestructible, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why would they not be pay the money ? Its cheaper than building a new stadium..

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure of the details. It's either

A. They don't like the proposed design
    B. They're asking to invest but they still wouldn't be owners. Which is what the Naples city council also wanted ADL to do

I'm willing to bet its B.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A date has been set to resume construction at the Gewiss Arena. Work begins again June 1st and to be completed in February 2022

[​IMG]

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    US Avellino have unveiled the new project for the Partenio stadium:

UEFA category 4 w/ 21500 capacity
    2000 parking spots
    20k square meters of commercial space
    60 million euro cost. 30% paid for by the club

A lot of people are laughing at this proposal in Italy since it's another small team that lingers between C & B with an overly ambitious project. But exactly like Terni, I am told the ownership group are serious and unlike the big teams of Italy, there is LESS bureaucratic red tape to cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

falvo repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Wow! Is this coming from American or Chinese dollars?

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have to say, as a project itself, I really like it.

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No idea where the city is getting the bulk of the funds from. But the club itself is paying 30%

falvo repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's official now: The City of Florence will be receiving 95 million euro in the Covid recovery fund just to renovate and modernize the Artemio Franchi. The political class would rather waste 95 million of the public's money during a pandemic and economic crisis than sell the stadium or accept investment from Fiorentina.

https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2021/04/27/ufficiale-stadio-franchi-recovery-plan/

falvo repped this.
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems unreal that a city south of Rome or in Southern Italy could afford such a stadium. Especially in the middle f the pandemic.

Il Comune di Firenze! I know them well!

They are communist party at its finest!

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I lived in the city I’d be livid and if I was the owner I’d tell them to keep the money and help out the people that really need the help.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From the comments i read on facebook, the citizens of florence (at least Fiorentina fans) are very angry

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I gotta be honest during these times I’d rather see money go to many businesses hurt by this pandemic and not to football clubs that can generate their own income for these projects.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In the case of Cagliari, the region is promising to spend money on infrastructure around the stadium, which is in the public's interest. The funds for building the stadium itself are private. Opposite of what is happening in Florence

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well that’s good and that’s how it should be.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy will formally announce their bid to host the 2028 Euro in September of next year

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/malago-annuncia-vogliamo-ospitare-gli-europei-del-2028/

The criteria :
    • 3 stadiums with 50,000 seats (and preferably one with at least 60,000 seats)
    • 3 stadiums with 40,000 seats
    • 4 stadiums with 30,000 seats
    If I were CONI, I would propose 4 stadiums of 50k plus instead of 3.

50k+
    Milan : New stadium or complete remodel of San Siro
    Rome: Olimpico with some renos
    Napoli : Major renovations including the removal of athletic track, new roof, and building of proper amenities
    Bari: New roof, seating and building proper amenities. I don't see the athletic track getting removed here.

40k+
    Torino: Alianz stadium as is with maybe the ability to augment capacity. I don't know if it's possible
    Florence: Complete remodel of the franchi. Rebuild of both curva's bringing the ends right behind the net. Adding a roof

30k+
    Cagliari : New stadium is being built. Must increase capacity to 30k
    Bologna: New stadium is being built. Must increase capacity to 30k
    Palermo: Complete upgrade of the Barbera. New, seating and roof, removal of barriers. If this is done properly, the Barbera will be one of the best stadiums in Italy IMO
    Genoa: Complete renovation of the Ferraris.

It's more or less the Italia 90' host cities minus Udine and Verona.

RSLer repped this.
  17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy won’t get it.

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New renders of Parma's proposal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio President Lotito Opens Up About the Possibility of a Move to Stadio Flaminio

The Stadio Olimpico has long been the home of both Lazio and AS Roma. However, there is a possibility that Lazio would be open to a move away from Italy’s historic stadium.

During a ceremony commemorating the Lazio Women’s team promotion to Serie A, Lazio president Claudio Lotito touched upon whether a move to Stadio Flaminio in Rome could be on the horizon soon.

Lotito (via Radiosei) did not end such speculation by declaring that a move away from the Stadio Olimpico in the near future would not be possible. Instead, the Lazio president put some consideration into what steps may need to be dealt with before Biancocelesti officials would even open the door to a possible Stadio Flaminio move.

The city of Rome and Lazio deserve to have a stadium. The Stadio Flaminio? First of all, we need to reach an agreement. It’s in the city’s interest if certain results are obtained…

I asked myself, can that structure be covered? Then, are there parking spaces? In short, there are three or four issues that need to be evaluated and then we’ll see. It is currently not a UEFA-compliant stadium. Anyway, we’ll sit down with the Mayor of Rome [Virginia Raggi] to talk about all the issues and we’ll see what happens.

I was thinking about this some time ago and since the mayor, Raggi, is a very open person, we saw that the city needs help and we are available to do so.

I think that the City of Rome needs a stadium for Lazio: we have not yet stepped forward, as Roma has done, but we are now available. It must be a stadium that everyone can experience, a meeting point and a source of pride for all Lazio fans.

[​IMG]

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not stadium news but a win for Fiorentina and Rocco Commisso, the TAR have rejected the appeal of "Italia Nostra" (political party) who tried to block the construction of Fiorentina's new training facility Viola Park. Work can now resume.

Eat shit commies

[​IMG]

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Mayor of Florence (Without Fiorentina) has launched an international design competition for the complete and total renovation of the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

https://www.lanazione.it/firenze/cronaca/stadio-1.6489741

The criteria is as follows:
    1. The curvas must be rebuilt and pushed closer to the field. The current stand extension that was put for Italia 90 must be removed
    2. All seating areas to be covered with a roof.
    3. The martorana tower, helical staircases and the main tribuna cannot be touched (elements designed by Pier Luigi Nervi)
    4. Building of a amenities, parking, commercial spaces etc etc.

They are trying to keep the capacity in the realm of 40k spectators. If Italy has any chance of winning the bid to host Euro 2028, it is imperative that the Artemio Franchi becomes one of Italy's jewel stadiums.

According to a Florence newspaper, the end design could be very similar to the Olympic stadium of Helsinki (minus the track)

[​IMG]

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The city of Rome are studying the proposals of Claudio Lotito and his plans for the Stadio Flaminio:

1. Expand to 40k capacity
    2. Add a roof
    3. Guarantee spaces for parking + commercial areas.

They say the renovations can cost him up to 80 million. The city of Rome are desperate to get the Flaminio off their hands. I feel like Lotito has played his cards perfectly and he has them exactly where he wants them

Here is a render of the Flaminio done years ago of what it can look like

[​IMG]

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The city of Spezia have begun demolishing the "curva piscina" and will rebuild it with an increased capacity from 1800 to 3176.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. indestructible