New Italian Stadium Update Thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by indestructible, Jul 6, 2017.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unless the stadium is actually being built, I doubt the sale of Roma will happen (unless the incoming owners know something we don't). Pallotta needs to cash out high and having a stadium that Roma owns makes the club more valuable.

The latest:
    Raggi prepares the announcement: the Stadio della Roma will be built

This week should see the entry of Radovan Vitek into the Stadio della Roma project. The billionaire real estate investor and majority shareholder of Czech real estate firm, CPI Property Group, is set to acquire the land and the entire Tor di Valle project. This will result in the Parnasi family and Eurnova to exit from the entire stadium project even though Eurnova’s technicians will continue to follow the stadium dossier until the final “green light” arrives from the City Council.

It’s a green light that, according to those close in the Campidoglio (capitol hill), could arrive very soon. In the corridors of the Pallazo Senatorio, it has been said that Virginia Raggi, mayor of Rome, could make an announcement on the progress of the project around Christmas, reports Il Tempo.

https://romapress.net/2019/12/09/ra...uncement-the-stadio-della-roma-will-be-built/

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice video by the BBC reporting on the San Siro situation from the AC Milan perspective :

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hopefully though i feel like something big was supposed to happen in Rome that was going to streamline their new stadium.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Il Ciuccio

You were in Italy recently. I'm sure you saw the differences between the north and the south. Do you honestly believe it will ever happen in Rome?

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rome cant even take care of their garbage problem. I doubt they can pull off a major construction project that may include adding a new train line or any type of major roadwork.

I havent been to Northern italy in over 10 years but from what I remember things seemed to work a little bit better up there.

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Movement on the Viola end:

The city have given Commisso the price tag for the Mercafir land : 22 million euro.

The ball is in his court.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That’s pretty cheap.

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Full update on the WIP for the Gewiss Arena. English subtitles available

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The garbage problem has been going on for a while. When you are coming into Rome on the train from Tuscany or Umbria, you can see all the sewage and litter. It’s disgusting.

In Bagno A Ripoli. Good luck with that....

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Commisso: 'Change laws on stadiums'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fiorentina President Rocco Commisso wrote an open letter to the fans confirming he won’t participate in public tender for the Mercafir site, urging a change of laws to help clubs build their own stadiums.

Much as with James Pallotta at Roma, Suning at Inter, Elliott Management for Milan and Claudio Lotito for Lazio, Commisso has quickly discovered the extreme red tape and confusion that surrounds the process of a new stadium in Italy.

“Dear Viola Family, from the very first day that I became the owner of ACF Fiorentina, and in the ensuing months, I participated in many public conferences in which I laid out the most critical objectives that would make our Club successful and competitive in the shortest time,” wrote the President.

“I discussed the financial limitations imposed by the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules. I also explained that a new Stadium Complex is a fundamental infrastructure investment that would bring significant benefits not only by enhancing the experience of our Viola Family on game day, but also by allowing Fiorentina to achieve the revenue levels critical to building a team that could eventually compete at the highest levels of European football.”

Plans to restructure the Stadio Artemio Franchi were rejected, while Fiorentina have now formally decided the proposed Mercafir site for a whole new arena would not allow completion by September 2023, reasonable costs or control of the project.

“It remains my strong desire that our Stadium be located in the city of Florence or at least within the greater metropolitan area,” continued Commisso.

He urged a change of the laws “to allow for more flexibility in the case of a football stadium built 90 years ago, particularly where renovation preserves the principal features of architectural significance (unfortunately, this is a problem encountered at other dilapidated sporting facilities throughout Italy that are left abandoned because it is impossible to breathe new life into them).

“As is regularly done in the United States, especially related to new sporting venue construction, Italian cities might seek to find ways to incentivise private investments that will result in new jobs and increased local taxes while stimulating economic growth and enhancing the cities’ worldwide image.

“Perhaps, someday we could find an Italy that is not only proud of its cultural heritage, but also keeps its eyes on the future by rapidly seizing on opportunities to further economic development.

“Making it easier for those like me who want to make significant long-term investments in a short period to improve conditions in cities across the nation should be the policy goal of any government that aspires to deliver its citizens a bright economic future.”

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he says makes sense, but it’s through the bureaucracy and red tape that much of the graft and corruption is implemented. It’s institutionalized. Also, he probably shouldn’t have drawn comparisons to how this is done in the USA.

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Why not?

13. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my experience, when it comes to soccer most things American have no cache. Not only in Italy, but in other places too. I’m not referencing little things like vendors moving through the stands selling food. It’s the political/cultural aspects that immediately have no credibility. I think he potentially hurts his cause when he goes there. If he keeps the issue framed within the Italian context he would be better off. Focus on the benefits to Italy without external references. Just my opinion.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I disagree. I can tell you that Italians hold the business of American sports in high regard. Especially in respect to American stadiums. So to draw contrast with Italy is just using the shame tactic. These local councils need to understand how backwards and inefficient they are. And from what I see online, it's working at least in the eyes of the fans as Commisso has their full support. The idea is that this in turn, creates a pressure on them.

IMO the Florence situation perfectly illustrates everything wrong with Italy and their inferior stadia.

GIGI RIVA repped this.
  15. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all have our own experiences and frames of reference. It’s ok to disagree.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Report: New Milan stadium for 2024
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Milan and Inter are reportedly only formalities away from starting the new stadium project, planning to have it done by 2024. The choice of design will take place this summer.

The two clubs presented the Municipality with revised plans for the construction and within a month and a half, La Gazzetta dello Sport claims the green light to set the project in motion should arrive.

Suning and Elliott have allegedly agreed to invest more than €1.2bn to build a new stadium from scratch, including a sports and leisure centre, and are negotiating to restructure the current Giuseppe Meazza but keep parts of the historic stadium.

The newspaper claims the two clubs ‘have already been given the go ahead for 90,000 square metres but are asking for twice as much to add shops, cinemas and restaurants to the new complex.

A more functional, modern, and immediately profitable stadium will, according to the plan, be opened in 2024.

And as soon as you can play on the new ground, the second phase of the project will begin – the rebuilding of San Siro.

The two different designs up for election are the Cathedral and the Rings og Milan, and Gazzetta dello Sport writes that the two clubs will agree on the new look in the next months.

RSLer repped this.
  17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    POPULOUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manica

[​IMG]

RSLer repped this.
  18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mayor approves of stadium project
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Giuseppe Sala, the Mayor of Milan, has revealed that he’s fond of the stadium project Inter and Milan presented the municipality: “It saves the old stadium.”

Last week, reports emerged claiming the pair are only formalities away from starting the new stadium project and are planning to have it done by 2024.

A new stadium shall be built from scratch and when the two teams move into the new ground, the second phase will consist of rebuilding San Siro and keep parts of the historic venue.

This was something the Mayor felt helped enthuse his view of the €1.2bn investment planned by Suning and Elliott.

“I like the new project,” Sala told Il Giornale. “Because it saves the old stadium, which will host other sports and mostly free of charge."

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More movement in the Italian lower leagues.

Ascoli begin demolishing their southern curve

[​IMG]

Project similar to what Atalanta are doing

[​IMG]

20. Javier.Zanetti

Javier.Zanetti New Member

Inter Milan
    Italy
    Sep 11, 2019

New stadium?

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes,

they've announced this project

I wouldn't hold my breath though

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Summary Of Serie A Teams

Projects completed
    :

Juventus - Allianz Stadium
    Udinese - Dacia arena
    Spal - Paolo Mazza (renovation)

Projects in progress:
    Atalanta - Gewiss Arena

Finalized and waiting to break ground:
    Bologna - Nuovo Stadio dall'ara

Late stages of planning and awaiting approval:
    Cagliari - Sportium Stadium
    Roma - Stadio Della Roma

Early stages of planning and caught up in bureaucracy:
    Inter & AC Milan - New Milan stadium
    Fiorentina - New Fiorentina stadium or Franchi renovation
    Verona - Nuovo arena di verona (Bentegodi upgrade)
    Project announced and no movement:
    Lazio - Stadio delle aquile

Desire to renovate existing ground, but no formal project announced:
    Parma - Tardini
    Samp / Genoa - Luigi Ferraris

No stadium plans:
    Napoli - Stadio San Paolo
    Lecce - via del mare
    Sassuolo - Stadio Mapei
    Brescia - Rigamonti
    Torino - Stadio olimpico di Torino

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta are making a great push to get their stadium ready for the new season. They absolutely want to play Champions league in their home stadium. The work that needs to be completed is the Tribuna facing the camera.

[​IMG]

They rest of the stadium will only continue being renovated next Spring

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Has there been any talk of people being allowed to attend games ?

25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They say October