News: New Home Kit Release Date 12/3

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by CottageRev, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like big collars are back "in"

2. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sideline apparel from Adidas:

[​IMG]

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except Seattle I like them so far. Is the DC shirt really orange, or is it strange photography of red?

4. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the pictures I've seen are Red

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, it's red. Those are just bad photos.

6. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt very much they would suddenly change from red to orange. Only those whacky Euro teams do stuff like that.

7. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swatch 5 is useless:
    [​IMG]

8. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we know that the sleeves will be the same color as one another

9. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    lol all of these swatches are useless. This is just a marketing gimmick that you are all being sucked into. They are trying to distract you.

10. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not working. The team sucks. But they're still my team and I am excited about the new kits

11. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You're a joke. Do you honestly believe even half of the things that you say? They have a new jersey out and are excited to release it, just like many other teams in the league. They came up with a decent way to build anticipation and interest for their event on Saturday. This has nothing to do with distracting the fans, do you think the Revs FO is even smart enough to think of doing that?

12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    All marketing is distraction or diversion of attention.

The joke is on you. You just effectively talked your way into a complete circle. Well done. Thanks for the personal attack though. You look cool.

13. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You can't be serious.

14. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Actually, I'm very serious. I'm actually analyzing some data right now in an attempt to divert consumer attention to favor the product I've been hired to bring to market. I'm pretty talented you see. I can do that all while easily making you look like you don't know what your talking about. I'm so cool. Not as cool as you though. :(

15. kazakal28

kazakal28 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Weymouth
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

isnt that exactly what the team needs? i like this leak thing

16. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Attempting to increase interest doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to divert it from somewhere else.

17. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if I would say all marketing; I think a good portion of it is drawing attention to significant benefits that aren't evident on the product's face.

For example, I work in marketing for a software company. Some of the best points of the technology aren't immediately obvious when someone trials the software, so we've developed marketing to explain "hey, when you do this for a little while, this is what you'll see, and this is why that's good."

I don't dispute that some marketing is burying the unpalatable or snapping your fingers with one hand so nobody looks at the pile of crap in the other, but a good portion of it is legitimately saying, "we can do this thing."

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're actually marketing. I can deal with this.

19. Stumpy Kelderman

Oct 12, 2004
    Can somebody ban this clown? He hasn't contributed anything new to a thread in about 3 months... Says the same thing in every post, we get what you are all about... We wouldn't take this crap from a Chicago Fire fan who trolled our boards so why should we take it from a "Montreal Impact" fan who lists the Revs as his "foe"? He's not even a Revs fan (anymore). Why does he spend all his time on our boards? Notice I'm not chiming on either side of "Kraft sucks" or "Give Kraft more time", I'm just seeing quite clearly that Kraft Out is the exact definition of a troll. I'm dead serious, moderators, think about his posts, and tell me it's not trolling.

20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other thing the Revs are actually doing right is that for the first time ever in their history, the new jersey is available for sale before Christmas, a time when people are actually looking for things to spend money on.

It may have taken a while to get there, but at least they did get this part right.

21. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    haha oh really? So they are trying to create perception out of thin air? Like it or not, everyone has a preconceived opinion as to what the Revs are, good, bad or indifferent. Any amount of marketing data, analysis and strategy is based around trying to divert to notions to the one that the team wishes you to perceive them in. That is marketing 100.

22. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, drawing attention to benefits, by drawing it away from bad perceptions, or worse non-perception of the product.

Yeah, you are trying to direct their attention to the positives or unknown aspects of the product. That is just a less caustic way of distracting a consumer.

Either way, attention is being diverted in a certain direction. Sometimes it's from positive, to more positive.

23. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'll actually agree with you here. This might be one of their more clever campaigns over the years, and hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

However, as it stands on it's own, within the context of the current team's situations, it doesn't look well on it's face. If it is followed up by a lot of other positive moves, then it will look much better in hindsight, and Crooked can come on here and lambast me for being "clueless" but in the current context, it is very much a way to distract attention.

24. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You're just manipulating words. There's a difference between changing people's perception of the product, and distracting attention. They got the jerseys before the holidays, they're hosting an unveiling event, and they're proud of the finished product. That sounds like they're making improvements to me, not distracting attention. They're trying to draw attention because they're finally doing something the right way.

25. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    No their isn't. Changing perception is distraction away from a different perception. Marketing lives in the perceptive world, and it is a battle for perceived images good, bad or indifferent. Whether you chose to accept them or not is irrelevant. It is the truth.

Sounds to me like they understand their image has potentially hit an all-time low, and they are trying to distract attention away from the actual product to get a few of it's most ardent fans back on the bandwagon. Let's be honest, the only people buying jerseys, and checking out this facebook page, are people who are already hardcore supporters. The same supporters who on some level individually, have drawn a line in the sand with this team.