new gomez contract

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Dec 2, 2004.

1. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought $500K was league max....:rolleyes:

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Here's an interview Christain did with an argentine newspaper...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155340

He mostly talks about his day to day life in DC and getting acclinmated to the area. some highlights....

he talks about how Nueva Chicago, his old club screwed him and the other players by not paying them after ascending into the first division.

He would also like to finish his career there, but he signed a three year contract that gets reviewed every year.

he talks about the Barra Brava and the Screaming Eagles, one predomianlty American, one Bolivian (he obviously hasn't been to one of our tailgates :rolleyes: :D ) and how we travel and chant and sing

And how the beef tastes funny here. :D

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's not.

I *think* it's $270K.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? They don't pump their cattle full of steroids, growth hormones, and obscene amounts of antibiotics in Argentina? ;)

5. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    naw they do all that. they just usually use more free range, not corn fed beef. you'll find the samething in mexico as well

6. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Someone needs to point him in the direction of a Whole Foods to get some Coleman beef.

Tim

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Or just go to El Chaparral in Falls Church and get some Argentine beef. It's expensive but WOW! There is a HUGE difference.

8. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note my sarcastic smiley: :rolleyes:

Right. I forgot that Freddy's salary actually came out of the MLS marketing budget and doesn't count as "salary."

Again, the sarcastic smiley: :rolleyes:

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off-topic, but . . .as an ignorant gringo, can you elaborate? How is it different? Is the taste the same, only stronger? Is something done with it at butchering (e.g. some sort of seasoning) so that it has a different flavor when finally prepared? I cook a lot, and I'm always interested in learning about this stuff.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Usually the cuts of beef are different then what you're used to here. For instance they cut their ribs length wise instead of straight up and down. The beef is also pampas or grass fed and not grain fed. Alot less additives and preservatives. It's hard to describe but it's just so much more tender and flavorful. If you can find an authentic argentine parrillada (bar-b-que) restaurant near by, go and experience it. I can't wait to get to Buenos Aires next year.

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did some websurfing and found a place in Bethesda named the Divino Lounge as a place that does Argentinian parrillada. Reviews of other Argentine places around here don't mention it. Do you know anything about it? I might have a good reason to go out to dinner sometime soon.

12. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Lets invite Chico, and Christian Gomez...

ROAD TRIP