New Forward?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by johnh00, Nov 7, 2003.

1. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shamelessly stolen from the Metro board.

There is an article on Univision.com about a Uruguayan playing in Costa Rica who's supposedly going to sign with MLS. A teammate may be headed here as well. No real hints other then it will be with a team who is currently in the playoffs. I wonder if this is the Revs chasing after him at the suggestion of Cancela? We've got the allocation from DH, and I'm guessing this might be JMM's last hurrah, freeiing up a roster spot and $$$.

Translation follows:

Anyone with better Spanish, feel free to fix my translation. ;)

2. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    He sounds great, but do we need another forward? It's going to be tense enough next year with TnT, Noonan, JMM (if he stays) C. Brown, Fabbro, Westfield and I. Kante.

3. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can always use another forward. Especially if we lose JMM. Brown and Fabbro, despite their success in the last month, have never proven to be tremendous goal scorers in the past. Westfield is unproven as a pro, Kante is a raw talent. TnT(and dare I say Noonan?) may miss time with qualifying. Plus, we are likely to lose a few players to the expansion draft, assuming the league expands next year. Would I rather have a defender? Sure. But a proven scoring option up top might be my second choice after central defender. Plus, I don't want the Mutts to get him. ;)

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's 31, plus i think we have enough forwards. Now I wouldnt mind signing him and then trading him for a star player.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Joe-Max Moore

Are we loosing JMM?

I don't know...I hate to say this, but I really don't like his playing style. Brad said he is going to open up a lot of attacking options, but I really didn't think it worked out.

If we loose JMM, then it might be a good choice to buy. If not, then don't buy. TnT, Noonan, Fobbro, and C. Brown showed us that they can attack.

I think we should work more on deffence than offence.

6. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Joe-Max Moore

That depends. How do you loose a player?

We could lose him, but that's a whole different verb. ;)

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ProfZodiac - Official Revolution Board Spellchecker

8. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that people that complain about gramar and speling should get an imediate red card.

9. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As wel as those who complain about posts that are mising double leters, for that mater. ;)

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, right?

I mean, 'loose' of 'lose' he knew what I meant.

These posts are not like essays that we are turing to a teacher that give a D for one spelling mistake.

11. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Shuvy, most of the people who post here made the same spelling errors in high school, so don't feel bad. It's a fact however, that in the real world, people will underestimate you if you spell poorly.

12. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And proud of it, thank you very much.

:D

13. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Joe-Max Moore

My guess is that we will at least keep him until after the draft. It would be easy to leave him unprotected, and protect someone else. Noone's going to pick him up with the injuries and his salary. I think the jury is still out on how effective he was. He had a couple of very good games, but also a number of ineffective ones. If he could have stayed healthy for any length of time, it would be easier to say. He's at an age that you've got to expect alot of injury time though, and I don't think he is worth anywhere near the $$$ they are paying him.

Lee

14. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Then how did he miss "Movember" in the initial translation in the first post? Fire his slacker ass! :)

Seriously though, Cancela may have pointed this guy out to the league, but I just can't see the Revs needing him. The Rev's 3rd and 4th strikers right now could start for some teams. It's just not a need.

15. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Brown for Todd Dunivant, anyone?

I'm changing my avatar and tagline as we speak.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I never figured out how to add avatar

17. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya gotta have Premium. Costs 30 bucks.

18. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how bout Kamler and a draft pick for Chung. I got a feeling Col will have some major shakeups in the offseason.

19. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Keep the Kam. Chris Brown and a 1st round draft pick for Chung and Hart.

20. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I doubt Chung or Dunivant will be up for grabs. I think the post-season shake-up concept is an interesting one though, and I wonder if there will be some talent at Dallas and Columbus that will be looking for a new gig in 2004. Neither Freddy Garcia nor Shavar Thomas got regular PT and might be a little easier to pry loose than Dunivant or Chung. If I were to get wildly optimistic I'd shoot for Chad Marshall and Cory Gibbs. Is the draft supposed to be any good this year?

21. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Gbandi any good?

22. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if Hanki is still in charge in Colorado, I wouldn't be suprised to see Chung in NE, since he had him and Henderson on the tradin block this year.

23. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    True enough, but the fact that they are still in Colorado shows that while they were on the block, it wasn't the "free to good home" block. As much as I like Kamler, it'd take a hell of a lot more than him to get Chung. And Chris Brown for Dunivant? Post that on the SJ board. After last week's loss to LA, they all need a good laugh. IF Dunivant were actually available in trade, it would likely take a similar player (ie: RotY candidate or other good young player). Outside of Twellman, Noonan, Ralston, Cancela and Joseph, I don't see much else that SJ would take for Dunivant. And I don't see NE giving up any of those players either.

24. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How about Scott Garlick for Matt Reis?

25. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator