New forum, new thread

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we've all seen that ad for the t90 laser ii... [http://youtube.com/watch?v=WtbM9GdgUaQ for those that havent]
    when the character is playing for holland and gets tackled by the portuguese player, you see him getting cautioned. but it's a two footed tackle, and shouldn't he be getting red?

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Dude if refs can't be consistent in the real world, well nike can't make em look bad by showing them up in ads!

Great post tho, have some rep!

EDIT: nah I've missed reppin, the only good thing to come out of the re-jig!

Spain were pretty good, Guillermo sounded like he was gonna have to watch from behind a sofa he was soo nervous now dude talking about where they gonna hold the victory parade :p Actually was a bad thing IMO for spain as after that performance which finally lived up to the ability they got, well if they don't win the show then they've let themselves down.

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

They did the same in the WC when they hammered Ukraine but then whimpered out against France.

My £20 e/w on the Portugeezers is still looking ok at the moment!

4. COPA17

COPA17 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ehh its a toss-up dude, as good as they are big phil is on his way to chelski...cant they stick to making drama in their own dressing room or something?

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing English Referee's are still allowed to be in such tournaments...Howard Webb your a f*cking....Come anywhere near me your dead...

Could have made Group B interesting and he ********s it up.

6. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so lets just say a policeman pulls you over for speeding and lets you off with a warning. you then proceed to travel the same speed as you did when you got pulled over. now would you be upset at the officer or yourself when he pulls you over a mile later and give you a ticket for speeding again no matter how close to home you are?

7. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Dev, dude, thats a peno and not Webb's fault no-one else gives em. Besides after that blates offside goal u had u can't hate on officiating. Besides Boruc had kept u in the game when ur defence decided to take the first half off!

cjump, I'd be maaad at the rozz, coz if u drove off speeding then he had to once again speed in order to pull u over, the hypocracy of which grates me as much as speeding being a crime in the first place!

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please that was a weak dive mate he touched him a tad and he fell...Fixed match why he didnt give one earlier?

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    case, that was a metaphor for devil...:D:D i guess it didn't work being on top of a new page.

however to carry on with police stories, i did get pulled over by a policeWOMAN (don't get me started on that) in my own driveway for a "old license plate" when i was 16

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Err honestly he gave them another freekick after there was shoving in the box and our goalkeeper had it in his hands..If anything it's a foul on Austria our freekick I really don't care I'm pissed and will be till the bastard is delt with proper.

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    hah, in my younger years I also got stopped by 5-0 twice, both times rite by my house under suspicion of stealing my own car.....

but yea im pretty shamed at myself for missing that, although recognising subtlety is hardly a renowned trait in us guys

12. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    It's okay Case, I had to re-read the post twice to get the metaphor.

13. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm quite excited. I had my graduation party last night, and got a lot of loot... including about $700 cash, some giftcards and this year's man united jersey (since I could never save up the money to buy one). I'm probably going to go get it printed soon, yay.

I graduate today at 5:30, yay! In about 6 hours I will officially be a high school graduate.

14. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Oh how I envy you. Damn, I graduated a week ago but I still have 4 more years

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We never graduate here. We just ... 'leave' hahaha! See, sometimes i do wish we were american. They make a big deal of things! :p

appleCORR

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Thought u did uni for nursing apps? Coz u graduate from uni....
    I wish I got to jump in that thread about socks that reared up earlier....
    Broke down on the A1M earlier, kinda blagged enough AA favour so now I'm home and kinda have a driveable car-ish, which is good as I'm driving my mates auto whilst my left-leg is lame.....

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah you graduate uni ...

But you don't graduate from high school here!! You just have a big ass assembly and thats it.

appleCORR

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    big ass assembly, then a under-age drunken ball where you can cop-off equally underage behind the drama studios....hah true story 15yr old Case took the hottest chick from the year below to his skool leavers ball and then met his girlfriend there...ahh back in the days....

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Am I the only one getting sick of people referring to boots as "sexy"? I was always under the impression that "sexy" was a adjective you would use to describe somebody you wouldn't mind having sex with...does that mean that people who call boots "sexy" want to have sex with their shoes?? :confused:

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Case you hit the nail on the head. We had to walk to this church that was about 20 minutes away from school for our leavers assembley. Then listen to ppl in our year play the violin etc.

Then we all went to the local park and got drunk! Ahh, it was a bit more civilised when i left 6th form though. We actually went to the pub with the teachers. We were still drunk though! hahaha!

And bigg, I'm agreeing. Football boots cannot be sexy, they can look good. But thats about it.

Case for example ISN'T sexy ... same as a football boot! :p

appleCORR

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    bigg im getting huge deja vu on this one (the cheapshots from apps help that tho), I swear u sparked the exact same debate a year or so ago...but on the off-chance I imagined that I'll play...

so to you can things only be deemed "sexy" if they elicit sexual impulses or cognitions of intercourse? Im not judging, just asking. Would you say not use the term "sext" for a car or other aspect of design?

Now I'm getting to the part about bastardisation, and now I KNOW we've been over it before, so by that do u also disagree with other adjectives that under modern vernacular can have transposed meanings, such as "Hot", "Cool", "Sweet" etc etc....

Or are you perhaps being facetious? In which case I choose to throw in the conjecture that many people would choose fornication with a soft-leathery Copa than some of the moose-a-saurus's you've dipped to end baron spells :p
    No offence apps:D

22. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one word:

women.:rolleyes:

23. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    1st post in this whole sub-forum in the last 3 days during the 2nd biggest soccer tourney in the world, :rolleyes: these changes have really made this place better...

tells us all about it C, bigg will tell u to man up and sanchy will mack on her, apps will prolly laugh and I'll secretly think "damn, cjump's ish is still better than mine!!!"

24. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well oddly enough case a few minutes after i posted that, me and the lass had a falling out of sorts. i really don't know what,why,how,and all that, but honestly i can say that i am down. when it rains it pours, huh?

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Rain? Pours? Still sounds good from this drought!
    Nah man seems like 99 problems aint enuff 4 u huh!