New FIFA rankings

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by bsas, Apr 19, 2006.

1. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    bsas,

I guess the slide down the world rankings is based on defetas Argentina have had both in the w/c qualifying games (after they had qualified) and recent losses to England and Croatia. I don't really give a monkeys as long as we win when it matters in Germany. :cool:

3. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know. It just feels bad to be below teams like USA...

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fact that the USA are ranked so high shows you how much of a joke these ranking are.

5. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Fifa ranking is a joke :D Portugal,Spain,Mexico and USA are favourites to win WC rather than us by this ranking:eek:

i understand we lost to Croatia and England and that is the main reason for us lying in 8th but Italy............

they crushed Germany, they won Holland in Amsterdam, but still how they managed to loose 7 points.:confused:

6. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HAHAHHA Mexico and USA are top 10? LMAO credibility of those rankings just went out the window.

So by those rankings, USA and MEXICO are better than Italy, Germany, England, Portugal, France AND Argentina !??! LMAO

7. redtyre

redtyre New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Hey, for a lift check out the cover of the latest Four Four Two; http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,11442,00.html

Suitable for framing.

Won't be in the USA still for a week or two from England, nice cover! Huh?

The rankings show the stronger and weaker areas, quite clearly, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, it might not have been far off the mark, when USA was 6 (yeh, some would say that is too high, but then it should be proven, 7 or 8; hey they defeated Portugal and Mexico in the last World Cup) and Argentina 3; I've heard though that this is not the first time, there have been real oddball looking ratings.

8. pura_vida362

pura_vida362 Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Mississauga, Canada
    well this doesnt make them favourites. this is only whats on paper. u match up any of these teams against argentina and argentina are still favourites to win. oh and about italy losing 7 points, yea thats pretty messed up.

9. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why do people still insist on giving FIFA attention by even bothering to talk about these rankings?? What a waste of time.:confused:

10. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
  11. redtyre

redtyre New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    http://www.eloratings.net/

I was reading one of the other threads a few weeks ago, I didn't even know these existed before that. (Also, check out team 220; I guess in the history of soccer, the Vatican actually played one game!! Who knows what that was about)

Yeh; and www.worldcupblog.com has some power rankings; but that site is on and off as far as articles go.

There are a number of places with rankings etc.; one could check the oddsmakers too.

But that ELO rating seemed pretty good; seems wikipedia has an article on them, I'll try to read.

USA is definitely going back down in the rankings after the loss to Germany and tying Jamaica.