New Fan to the Colombian League...

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by BayVol, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have begun to follow more closely the Postobon and look forward to seeing how this Apertura shapes up this year. I do not support any single team as of yet but I hope to adopt a favorite side at some point during this season. It's great the GOLtv and TVColombia stations show many of the matches.

Any thoughts or input from some of the regulars on here as to what to look at for (best players in the league and/or teams) would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to give me a reason why I should supprt a certain team, have at it.

Thanks in advance to the responses.

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Welcome :)

But now it's the Clausura.....

3. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.....and also for the correction.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Best teams are
    Santa Fe (bogota)
    Junior (Barranquilla) - Champions
    Nacional - (Medillen) - Most Famous
    Once Caldas - (Manizales) - Osorio the Former NYRBs coach coaches them

These are probably the teams that will most be shown on those channels

Other good teams famous teams

-DIM - Medillen (champions 2 half seasons ago tho lost their coach and goalie so might not be that good anymore)
    -Deportivo Cali - Cali - Best youth system in Colombia, has great players but sells them after they score 1-2 goals while being under 20. Have failed to produce championships
    - America de Cali - Cali - Prob most popular club in Colombia but are on the US blacklist for once being owned by drug cartel. Has a great youth system and are fun to watch but hard to be a supporter as they have to get rid of most their squad every season because of the Clinton list.
    -Milloarios - Bogota - Team with the most championships in Colombia, recently under new ownership but has not been very successful in a long long time

Good players in Colombia

This one is tough because if you are very good and under 25 they usually go abroad as teams survive by selling players and not ticket sales or TV revenue.

The best players you will either find playing for Nacional or Deportivo Cali as they are the two richest clubs. Currently Once Caldas and Junior have very good players because they came off bad seasons and their owners invest alot but Nacional and Dept Cali are usually the cream of the crop when it comes to players.

5. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great info...thank you so much.

6. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crazy that's a biased list. :eek:

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not at all. Felt it was very non-biased

I feel Tolima is a top 5 team but they aren't very popular. Those 8 teams are the best and the ones they will pass on tv in the US and I have those channels.

Nacional and Dept Cali are w/o a doubt the top 2 teams. DIM and Junior might have won the championships most recently with Tolima always being the super leader and Equidad always 2nd best team but doesn't change the fact those 2 teams have the best players and are usually the most exciting to watch.

Team to watch out for is America de Cali next season if they get out of the Clinton list and are able to actually bring decent players in and not have to rely on their youth system.

8. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly is this Clinton list? You referred to it as when they were owned by "dealers".

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    a list of drug dealers wanted in tampa, fl or miami or NY legal systems

former owners that launder money in diferent clubs, mafias that filter footy and were caught on the act.

america de cali is one
    now under investigation is Santa fe de Bogota.

welcome here...you live in one of the most beautiful beach sities in the Continent!