New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft accused of soliciting sex, police say

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by crookeddy, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    Sounds like he was trying to "blow" it away or "hand" it away at least.

2. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I do wonder what if any fine will MLS dole out especially if the NFL goes for the 500k max for owners and misconduct.

Personally, I think fining a sports owner is stupid in today's pro leagues. A speed camera in Montgomery County or DC does more damage to my finances than a half million / million dollar fine does to an an American pro sports owner.

I just hope no one filed an FOIA for the video.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I had allowed myself not to think of this. I hate you.

Eastern Bear and Gamecock14 repped this.
  4. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the moment whatever Florida equivalent of FOIA exemption b(7) is going to prevent you (the law enforcement exemption). However, now that the indictments are out, it is up to the prosecutors' office whether they want to release it. I'm sure Bob Kraft (or his cadre of lawyers) wants it settled before a trial so the evidence isn't made public in court.

5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally. If Kraft is forced out, the last obstacle to a Fall-Spring, Pro-Rel balanced league format will be gone.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shot

Chaser

1099123426105614337 is not a valid tweet id

7. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Fanfare for the Common Man.

We all thought it was cool when Thierry Henry took the PATH train to Red Bull arena.

Ironbound repped this.
  8. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He knew the women were trafficked. He should be forced to sell the Revs...and the Patriots.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  9. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but then the franchise likely goes to Bellichick under the organization's well-known tanistry law and the Revs might start winning again so let's hold off on any bold calls.

10. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Huh?

11. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Huh?

12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is filled with absolutely batshit insane calls and demands and I thought, "why can't I join in?"

Auriaprottu, oknazevad, KCbus and 6 others repped this.
  13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source/link?

Ironbound and mbar repped this.
  14. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brummie's just engaging in wishful thinking. C'mon, we all know that it is really Bob Kraft conspiring with Don Garber to hack into the USSF AGM voting machines to put the kibosh on the NY Cosmos grand plan for world domination!

But look on the bright side, at leas't hes not acting like a grammer natsee!

15. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Cosmos sold their grand plan for world domination to David Beckham for a mess of pottage...

American Brummie repped this.
  16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #66 Bill Archer, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    If this is true, I absolutely agree.

Proving it, however, is most likely impossible.

You and I might think that it's pretty obvious,or that a decent man - even an old, rich, shithead - would have figured it out, but it's probably irrelevant to ask a guy like him who is looking for a greasy, low-rent 50 dollar hand job to spend 10 seconds wondering if the non-English speaking woman who is jerking his Johnson is oppressed, abused and exploited.

In one way or another, she unquestionably is, and he just didn't give a shit.

Bottom line though, he knowingly participated in a criminal enterprise. He may not have know the full extent of said enterprise, but the law usually doesn't draw that distinction. "I stole a bag out of a car and only later discovered it contained five pounds of heroin" does not get you much leeway.

Neither does "I paid a woman for a sex act and only later discovered that she was being held against her will, so I should only get a 50 buck fine".

In life, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

bigredfutbol and mbar repped this.
  17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, that's pretty much EXACTLY how the law works. Absent proof he knew or should have known they were virtually slaves, he'll get the same punishment as any other john.

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo, and even if they did he'd just sell the teams to his son. Not the same situation but when the NFL forced Kroenke to sell the Nuggets and Avs so he could buy the Rams he sold them to his son.

Bill Archer repped this.
  19. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Kraft will just say he paid for the regular massage and the happy ending was a pleasant surprise, not something he paid for. It will be hard to prove otherwise.

20. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Major League Soccer takes seriously the exploitation of disadvantaged people around the world. This message is brought to you by Adidas, official sponsor of Major League Soccer."

Seriously... Jimmy Haslem ran a company that was fined $90 million by the Federal Government for committing fraud, and the league welcomed him with open arms.

jaykoz3 and JasonMa repped this.
  21. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me that if you rounded up 24 random men receiving services thus in strip malls in Florida, you wouldn't normally find 3 billionaires among them. Given that, the police probably know what they're doing and have some good video that corroborates what they're charging.

Kejsare, sitruc and JasonMa repped this.
  22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Specifically the reports are they have video of him receiving (both manually and orally) on two different occasions in a ~24 hour period. Kind of hard to claim "I didn't know what was going to happen" when you back a second time within a day...

oknazevad, T.M. Anthony, sitruc and 7 others repped this.
  23. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a radio interview today with the sheriff in charge of the operation, who actually devised it and decided, nobly (and ********ing logically, ffs), that instead of doing a standard operation and arrest the workers, they'd instead target the operators and the Johns. He also said that he believes whole-heartedly that the Johns bear the biggest blame for the human trafficking involved, and that they knew that these women were held in servitude.

JasonMa repped this.
  24. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, that's....wow. I don't know that any amount of money can keep that video from being shown as evidence in a very public trial.

Kejsare and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re silly.