New DT for Argentina NT , who gonna be...?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 29, 2014.

1. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Tata has demanded so many terms that the AFA must accept if hes to take over. I think they will and if they do this could be a blueprint of how to run a NT. He could be the coach for 8 more years if they accept his terms.

He wants control over everyone in the coaching staff and wants to run the u-17/u-20 divisions

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Paraguay might get Bauza.

http://www.ultimahora.com/bauza-el-argentino-la-seleccion-n819135.html

As for Tata. I honestly think you guys would of been better off with Pekerman.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pekerman will probably sub our best player again for the 5th time once we're leading 1-0 at knockout stage.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have to agree with you I have no idea why people on this board seem to think Martino is such a great coach... In 3 seasons at Newell's his team had the lead with 5 rounds to play each time, yet won just 1 title, and in tournament football he is painfully defensive, with Paraguay and also Newell's. I mean, making a copa america final without winning a single match isn't what i'd call to impressive

i think most posters on here don't follow south american football too much and like Martino because he coached at Barcelona or something...

Not saying he is a bad coach, but Pekerman would be a much better option, or why not Ramon Diaz?

After Sabella, I'd like to see Argentina with a coach with more personality to make things more interesting, liven things up a little

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought he would've gone to Ecuador, not sure if they've gotten a DT just yet.

As for Pekerman, I believe he is asking for his salary to get doubled, which would pay him over the 3million dollar area. Sabella didn't even get around 850k a year for his stint in charge. Personally, I am not a fan of bringing back managers, even if there has been a gap. I think he is a good manager with national teams but he couldn't beat this Brasil team? I get they hacked away at them, but should've prepared his team for it.

As for Martino, I am okay with it. I know defensively he will get this team solid. I know, in time, he will get the attack functioning in a proper way. He will have more names to his disposal than he did with his previous teams he managed. As I pointed out, it was his job even before the World Cup had started, I believe that is why he turned down the Malaga position in late May.

cigar_city, Rattlehead and tatoRMN repped this.
  6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not only that but he took Paraguay to the QF of the WC with only 1 win (vs Slovakia), he drew with New Zealand and a very beatable Italy. The only time Paraguay where ever playing really well and scoring goals galore was when Salvador Cabanas was there, after he was no longer able to play Martino's tactics where exposed.

Another big issue I have with him is that he is extremely stubborn. If a player is not functioning or playing well he will keep calling that player if he likes him.

He might do well with Argentina as he is a good coach but I still believe he is vastly overrated.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair many coach tend to be like that though, because everyone has their fav players.

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't Pekerman still with Colombia, not sure if he would be available. Sampaoli would have been awesome, I think he would have brought lots of energy and optimism to the role, he's also under contract sadly.

9. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martino was confrmed yesterday. They will announce it tomorrow, according to some news feed.
    Not sure how I feel about this. Lets wait and see what his plans are for the NT.

Pipiolo repped this.
  10. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard that one of his many demands was to replace Humberto Grondona as head of the youth teams with another guy of his trust...

11. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Yeah but i think he will be the one coaching the u-20 side as well as the senior side

12. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Handling both senior and youth team will be good in one way , but can he do that effectively..?

13. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Martino is the horrible safe choice. Not many coaches were found out that bad at top level football like he was at Barça.

14. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right. And AFA has accepted it.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Would be amazing if Tata lead the team to win first major thropy in 2 decades. That will also proof that Grondona is the real jinx all these years.

afar repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martino was the obvious choice, I do not know why people thought somebody else was going to come in. It was fun to talk about it and discuss it, but in reality, there was nobody else that the AFA wanted. And whoever it was, something negative would've been brought up about his tactics(Maybe except Cholo, but he made it clear, it was not going to happen). I would've complained that Pekerman would return, far too old, will be nearly 70 for the next World Cup, not to mention, he decision making can be pretty poor . Sampaoli? You think Sabella is a manager that worries about games, just look at Sampaoli. I do not think he was ever in the conversation.

As for Martino being "found out", he is a defensive manager, and what is his strongest attribute, was FCB's weakest. There is only so much you can do when you a bunch of jokers in the back and their board refused to buy any defenders. They spent all their money to buy Neymar, so they could sell more shirts.

People complained about Sabella even at the World Cup, until we started to progress. Lets not crucify the man before he is managed a single game for the team. It's a project that will take time for it to shape. Sabella's vision of the defense and Romero did not come to life until the KO stages of the World Cup.

locoxriver and Pipiolo repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sabella only lost 3 times in competitive games (one of them is a game that not matter), that certainly did not come by luck. We finished 1st in Conmebol and our front four has no trouble scoring during qualifier.

To be honest, if wasnt his out of shape/form attackers, Sabella would have lead us to the ultimate glory. Higuain and Messi misschances wasnt his fault. We have few good chances in first half and German already had two players being booked, we got another 1v1 chance near the end but that one I'd blame it on Sabella.... I simply dont understand his love on Palacio.

18. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Idk why Martino's getting crusified here but all i know is no one expected Sabella to take us anywhere near the WC final and if u have asked me 4 years ago who would everyone prefer Martino or Sabella id bet you'd all be voting for Martino.

Hes a good coach and has proven to be one. Judging how used Paraguay is crazy because he didnt have any talent offensively and was forced to play heavy defense to advance. His stint at Barca wasnt his fault either. Diego Simeone would have not fixed that Barca team it was such a mess they needed muracles. Iniesta played at a low level 2 yrs in a row, Xavi is past his prime and Messi was out for 3 months.

I dont think Martino is the best coach in Argentina but hes not a bad coach and until he fails with a really good squad then i wont crucify him just yet.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually, even though Barca was a mess last season Tata's team beat EPL champion twice and beat Real madrid twice in the league. In fact Barcelona finished above Real madrid. Messi also missed the game a few months in total. The reason why Tata's team losing the league was because Simeone superior tactic and Barca was never able to break Cholo superior defence.

In Copa del rey final it wasnt Tata's fault either. Barcelona players couldnt deal with the speed of Di Maria and Bale and there's nothing he can do about it. The club decided to spent every penny on Neymar who ended up scoring only as many as the likes of Pedro and Fabregas.

20. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "With Paraguay did and I think now is the best, will go to Germany the same 23 World Cup." Martino "I feel very proud to be here. It is the dream of everyone," Martino said "No coach in the world who look at opponent's turn. If the rival merits any change, we will." Martino "An Olympic game deserves the highest DT of this attempted. All you need to see the largest selection, one has to be." Martino. "A sub 23 and sub 20 players may have to be greater.'s Important that one has to do." Martino

21. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata can coach for the next two years before Simeone take over.

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata just has to do one thing, win the Copa next year, in the name of all that is holy just effing win something!!!!!!,,

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    dude, don't post google translate... post it in spanish and one of us can translate or paraphrase... thats just a bunch of gibberish

jimmi_moh repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

jimmi_moh and Pipiolo repped this.
  25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I google-translated it to Korean, then Arabic, Japanese, Finish and finally Spanish, and this is what I got:

I like the part that says "entrenador es, no existe."