New DT for Argentina NT , who gonna be...?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 29, 2014.

1. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some news are spreading like sabella refused to continue as NT....
    So who gonna come next....?

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its all still up on the air at the moment, I'll just wait and see.

I'd love Cholo to install that mental toughness to our players like he already did brilliantly to Atletico madrid. I mean with such limited squad depth he won Europa, La liga, Super cup , Copa del rey and if wasn't Di Maria performance, he might have won Champions league too.

That same old story of our stars choking up when it really matters has been going for way too long.

Pekerman passing game is pretty to watch but how we're going to deal with Dunga's Brazil again? they'll kick our players after 2-3 passes.

Grondona being replaced would be my ultimate dream though.

3. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Ramon Diaz is the guy with the proper CV to take the job but idk what his relationship with the AFA is. Grondonda doesnt like Martino so its up in the air but my preferred choice is Diaz and Gareca

Pipiolo repped this.
  4. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lionel Messi after he comes out of jail for tax fraude

JK.

Simeone would be great

5. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013

Simeone is a pipe dream at this point

6. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Strange how no one is suggesting Bianchi anymore. How times change...

locoxriver repped this.
  7. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013

Because theres no way in hell he takes the job

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a feeling Pekerman would be the manager once again. If we win next year tournament he'll continue and if not Simeone perhaps might have been available by then, who knows...

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No thats not why, and its not strange... Its because Bianchi is old and senile and he hasn't won anything since 2003. His current boca side just got knocked out of the copa argentina by a team from the B in embarrassing fashion.

No one is mentioning bianchi because he's a horrible candidate.

Pipiolo repped this.
  10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That fat oaf is still going to be running the show whoever takes over, we should go.for a top European coach, but we won't, we probably go for someone like Pekerhead and lose at the semi final stage at the Copa and quarter final stage at the world cup and everyone will say what a great coach he was of the youth teams 30 years ago.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why the hell should argentina the country with the best coaches in the world go for a european coach? Seriously man, how can you even contemplate that... And how can you insult Pekerman, to me he is the ideal candidate, or Ramon, but that would mainly be to see the outrage of the bosteros

charlie15 repped this.
  12. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Awww this really sucks. Sabella was the best coach Argentina had in quite some time after a few complete jokes. Argentina needs to stop the cycle of using recycled coaches like going back to Peckerman again. A new coach who has never managed the Argentine NT before is needed.

13. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Tata will be appointed ;)

14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hola chicos! Just heard the news. Can Grondona leave as well? Please, pretty please.
    Anyway, I would be ok with with either Pekerman or Tata.
    Still my dream coach would be Cholo or Bianchi!

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    o_O Do you follow Argentine football?

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is your point?

Rattlehead repped this.
  18. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Looks like its Tata

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #19 RiverGaucho, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    My point is Bianchi hasn't won anything since 2003. His boca team is terrible and his been since he returned, failing to win anything and has only qualified boca for 1 international cup out of a possible 4. Not even though most die hard boca fans see him as a realistic NT coach, and many would like him gone from Boca... Yet you, "an arsenal fan", for some reason would like to see him manage argentine. Just find it strange.

And just to clarify I'm not calling for Ramon either. I think it'd be hilarious because the boca fans would hate it, but ramon is too confrontational a guy to be the coach of the seleccion and i think he'd grow bored coaching 5-6 games a year. He needs the rivalry, someone to get him going... NT management is pretty boring and stale except for world cup

20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bianchi has not won for the very reason that he was out of the game for a while. Does not mean that suddenly he lost his experience or knowledge.
    For my money Bianchi is a much better coach than Sabella and Diego for that matter.
    Not sure I get your point about being an Arsenal fan.

Rattlehead repped this.
  21. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm with Gaucho on this one. I wouldn't handle the Seleccion to a coach that is doing so poorly with a side like Boca, whatever the excuse.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Various articles has already claimed Tata as Sabella replacement, although nothing its official yet.

Tata's Paraguay reached Copa final and eliminated Brazil in QF so he must have had pretty good experience at NT level.

23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is his decision and we should respect that .
    But whoever the new coach is should not try to change the tactics completely , they have to work on top of the platform created by sabella.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Sabella did something right on defence department and we saw a huge improvement during WC knockout stage. But our midfield and attack needs to be stronger and more creative. I dont think we should relying on counter attack to score like we did in qualifier.

In WC , no team will attack us in numbers. Even Germany's defence didnt go overlapping like they did against Brazil. That means we have to prepare to score against a solid midfield and defence. With the current setup, we will continue to struggle.

25. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I´m ok with Martino. Just hope we don´t get Anibal Fernandez or Hugo Moyano as the next AFA president.