New Coach to be introduced..

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It could also possibly mean that Lopez Caro may be appointed on a full-time basis...

3. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    That better be what it means.....********ing Perez better not start again with his bullshyte

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't forget that they did appoint Caro on a "care-taker" basis. With Perez anything can happen, so don't be too surprised if someone else comes in after the league break.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Where in tha article says something about introducing a new coach?

"We will probably make a decision on the manager this week." That doesn't neccessarily mean that we are bringing a new one.

6. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Caro is not that good as expected. I won't mind having a new coach. We invested so much in players. Why not have the best coach, too?

7. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i dunno wats all the fuss bout cant say this wasnt obvious we got a match on wednesday and then we're off for the break so it was clear that Lopez Caro had 3 matches to show whether we can stick with him, we beat malaga 2-0, tied osasuna 1-1 , and now we hav a match against racing if im not mistaken .. unless we win convincingly ( n im talkin 3+ goals with nice football )i dont c perez stickin with Caro even thou i would love to cuz truth be told hes been here for jus a few matches n u can tell we've improved ! .. but the only reasoning i can think of behind such a move is to make sure our winter signings r players our next coach wont object too..

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't know what u guys were expecting in 2 games. I was expecting to lose.

9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    By the way, winter signings have more to do with whose available rather than who u want. So any new coach wouldn't really get what they wanted until summer.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only person worth spit that's available right now is Le Guen (sp?).

11. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yea but its not every winter u get the choice of goin for cassano, tryin to get an agreement with ballack, not to mention the rumors bout kuyt or toni .. u dont usually expect this big a transfer durin winter.. n plus in the end we might not buy at all n jus wait till summer we all knw how much perez hates buying during winter ,, had it not been for sacchi i doubt we woulda got gravesen

12. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO hes an excellent coach n if given the time can build an excellent squad with nearly ne team except madrid simply because we wont give him the time we're not lookin for a coach we're lookin for a miracle worker ! .. look at rijkaard when he first came ? the results were not always this good , but we rarely wait on a single coach , spare quieroz how many lasted one full year ? even Lux left after his 11th month

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really think this market driven real madrid is killing us alot. Its kicked into hyperdrive now....We're trying to satisfy the fans by axeing a coach and bringing in a new one every couple of months. If you keep doing this, it just diverts attention from the fact that our players are the problem. We can keep papering it over by hiring new coaches again and again and again, but Arsene Wenger said it best.

'It is an attractive job certainly to everyone who has no job! But, on the other hand, it looks to be not a stable job,' he declared.
    'When rotation within a club becomes too quick, that means the problem doesn't always lie with the manager, but somewhere else.

14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

Well I was hoping we would get those players regardless of the coach. Talent is talent. Cassano and Ballack for sure. Kuijt we can wait on since he will cost alot of money and the striker position is one where if ur not a top talent u will get replaced. What happens if Real target Adriano in the future?
    Plus, after seeing Soldado today I am willing to give him the next half season to see what he can do. He doesn't cost anything.

Cassano can play multiple positions and Ballack, well I don't think we need to justify his signing.

15. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Que Sera, Sera :p

16. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ballack won't leave this year season. Mybe after world cup/

17. Predator67

Predator67 New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Lopez Caro is a bum. Real Madrid needs a great coach and won't get one as long as Perez is in charge of Madrid. As of Caro what kind of line up was that against Osasuna and when we needed a goal to tie he brings in Garcia instead of Gravesen. Caro should go back to cutting the grass at the Bernabeu.

18. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    If anyone is a bum..its you.

Garcia was brought in so Guti could leave the double pivot and go forward. It was an offensive move because it allowed one more player to go forward. What? Did u expect no one to play in the pivot position?

I just love how posters come up with the dumbest criticisms based on nothing.

The problem with scoring was not coming from the back of the midfield, it was an issue with the front 4.

19. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    I might be going out on a limb here, not seeing the game and all, but I think the point is this:

Instead of taking Pavon -> Garcia, Baptista -> Gravesen made more sense. Baptista was ineffective (as is the norm), and with Gravesen next to Ramos Guti and still move up and the team is still offensive and has a battling midfield. Taking Ramos out of midfield and putting Garcia in there is a definite loss of attacking spark.

20. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Garcia was brought in so Guti could go forward which he did and so the fullbacks could just take off, which they did.

As soon as ZZ came in, Carlos was way up the pitch making runs and connecting with ZZ.

Essentially u have Garcia in front of Ramos and Helguera...with Guti upfield and the fullback playing way up. How many guys did u want to leave back there?

Carlos' attacks on the sides with Guti moving forward is more important than the offensive skill that Gravesen would provide. U need someone to stay with the 2 CBs

21. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    But here's the thing. Garcia came on for Pavon in the 71st minute. By then it was already evident that Baptista was useless. Why not replace Baptista with a two-way DM? Ramos (who has shown to be a better DM than Garcia anyhow) could stay back in front of the CB's, Guti can still move forward, the wingbacks can still make their runs, and Gravesen would provide both offensive and defensive bite in the middle of the park.

If Pavon had come off it right after Punol was red carded, I would have understood. At 71 minutes I would have understood Garcia for Baptista, but not agreed with it. But moving Guti forward after Real has been up a man for almost an hour, when Baptista is playing terribly, that doesn't sound very smart.

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez wants a high-profile coach if all the newspapers were right about their reporting. No one will be avaible in January. I doubt Perez would sign anyone new for 6 months and then fire him. He will probably confirm Lopez Caro as the coach for 6 months and then Capello or someone with simliar status will come along. But then what if we wins the CL this season, where will Lopez Caro go? I am unsure whether he was the right man.

Frankly, if I am running the club, I would have asked Saachi to be the new coach, but he has resigned. I have no other option. May be I will bring in a ex-player with no coaching experienses such as Hierro.

23. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Saachi has a heart problem, that's why he retired from managing in the first place. Anyways, I think they probably have either Ottmar or Le Guen lined up, these are the only two high profile coaches that I can think of which are available. Frankly, I'd keep Caro on, I like what he is doing with the team, he just needs more time.

24. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Same here. If Caro is sacked, this would just be another stupid move on Madrid's part.

25. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dint Cappelo denie the Mardid link?