New Coach for Rochester (and other news)

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, May 14, 2004.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ravens have a new coach, Rene Tadal. They have also announced an alignment with the Rochester Jr. Rhinos Youth program, with plans to build a development pool for the Ravens.

Article can be found:

http://www.rochesterravens.com/women/news.html

I hope Rochester can turn things around. A hotbed for soccer in Upstate NY, but unfortunately it has not translated well for the Ravens since early on in their existence.

2. A Fan

A Fan New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    THey need to tap into the local talent a lot more. The way LI Lady Riders have. Once you get one local who went to a top school, she might bring a few teammates with her who are also of high quality even if they aren't from the area.

I've been to a Rochester Rhinos game and half the city is there. I wonder if a closer association with possible doubleheaders. The plan with the Jr. Rhinos is a good start. Abby came from Rochester and many others who went on to play good DI soccer. I sort of have a person stake in it because I'm up in Rochester for at least a few weeks every summer and the better they get the more fun it will be to watch them.

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I follow Carnegie mellon University's women's team, which had Merrie McConnochie, who used to play on the Ravens, but hasn't the past maybe year or two. The year after she left, I think, the team finished with 1 classification point, and most of their matches were extreeeeemely lopsided. (I remember them taking a 18:0 beating). Whether or not McConnochie resurfaces, I hope the Ravens can produce this year.