New club president

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by SportBoy333, Jun 17, 2009.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The Pope is gone and Anigo said he'll leave as well. Does this mean Dechamps is in complete control now and who will be in charge next ?

2. Droitaubut15

Droitaubut15 New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Someone should be named in the next few days according to reports. Hope this wasn't a huge mistake the thought amongst most of the supporter's groups was that Diouf brough stabilty back to L'OM and this is a very bad thing. I'd wait to see who's appointed next and what transfers we make this summer before passing judgement.

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    This might be the reason why Gerets left in the first place. He might have known something was up w/ Diouf & didn't trust his status @ L'OM. Or Diouf might have drove Gerets out & the Board didn't like that. Hmm. We should now tell what is up w/ this in the next couple of days.

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I thought Angio was leaving as well, now I read he's going to work on the Lucho Gonzalez transfer? which one is it?

5. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For now he's doing his job of sporting director.

Amoros proposed Dragan Stojkovic as new president, it's him that I want ! :cool:

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Diouf brought stability but he failed in certain areas of recruitment. I mean he brings in Bonnart, Hilton and Mears to the backline and none of them were that great or successful. If you look who they are trying to bring in now at those positions (Cetin and L. Gonzalez) they much better than those guys Diouf brought in. Bad defense and lost points at home are what cost them the title and had Diouf recruited better there they would have won.

7. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Agreed 100%.