New Chivas Stadium

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Tecos, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It looks like the plans are going to go thru and construction will begin in december. (http://www.esto.com.mx/031003/futbol/20futbol.asp )
    I dont know about this place, it looks like the weirdest stadium ever. Built so that it seems to sit in a volcano, and with a huge circular balloon type thing floating above the stands that will serve as a type of roof. It will only seat about 45,000, cost close to $100 million and be done by 2006.

At http://www.ochocolumnas.com.mx and clicking on deportes, there is a picture of the stadium at the bottom of the page which links to an article and another picture.

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    De entrada habrá un gran respeto por la naturaleza, se tendrá un estacionamiento interno; el nivel de la cancha estará a una distancia de tres metros con relación a la primera fila; la zona de entrenamiento de los jugadores estará a la vista de los aficionados; el techo será una pantalla gigantesca; habrá un gran restaurante en el interior del inmueble, además de varias salas star.

:) :)

3. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, if construction on it goes anything like it is on the "New Arches", then this thing will be a disaster.

Couldn't link to the article, so I'm kind of curious to where the location is in relation to the city. Zapopan? Closer to the airport? I think moving out of Estadio Jalisco might be a bad idea, mainly because of tradition.

If anyone should move out of Estadio Jalisco, it should be Atlas, not Chivas.

4. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh my god, the New Arches are horrible, they are the ugliest thins I have ever seen and were really expensive, a terrible idea from the beginning.

5. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    It's not that they're really expensive, it's the fact that the gobernadores stole a bunch of the money set aside for them.

There were supposed to be I think 3 of them, but since they took most of the money, they could only afford 2 now.

6. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the balloon type roof will actually be filled with helium and in case the volcano starts to errupt, it will carry the stands, and hence the fans to safety. :)
    The players are on their own, :(

7. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looks like a toilet

8. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This new stadium they're building in Germany looks like a bedpan.
    [​IMG]

9. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dig it looks cool!

10. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    <<< It looks better inside. Check out these Animations of the stadium. Click on "Animacion 1" "Animacion 2" and "Animacion 3" >>>

Chivas's NEW Stadium Virtual Tour