New Captain?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Nov 17, 2004.

1. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be something special to have either Cooper or Moor being captain. Local kids come good to captain their hometown team.

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I could definately handle Moor being made captain. He's a guy that should be here for a long time as he's a solid MLS starter but not really the type of player that could be bound for Europe in a couple years like Coop. I would throw up if they made Serioux, a former Dynaho, captain in his first year.

3. Eaashley79

Eaashley79 Member

Dec 8, 2006
    San Antonio
    I hadn't thought of Moor. That's an interesting choice. His age is against him but he has all the other tools to be a good captian. I'm curious though how the older players would react to his leadership, namely Ruiz. If Moor calls him out on something, will Ruiz respect him or undermine his authority on the field? Who's to say...

Serioux as captain...seriouxly, I don't see it happening. First of all, unless your Claudio Reyna, you don't become captain your first season with a team, especially when he wasn't captain of the Dynablow. Also, Morrow hasn't seen him play, or practice, in a Hoops jersey. There's no telling how the other guys would respond to his leadership on the field. He may have leadership potential, but he's not captain material in his first (injured) season with the team.

4. JuanIg

JuanIg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Dallas
    Can Moor get Ruiz to toe-the-line? Probably not, but he wasn't exactly a considerate teammate under Simo's captainacy either. (In his defense, he seemed much better behaved in 2006 than in 2005.)

If a young player like Moor or Cooper is named captain, I think it would be wise of Morrow to name a veteran vice captain. It might actually be a successful combination.

5. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    No, but Sala can.

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    If he doesn't behave Sala will just give him the ol' Hunter Freeman treatment.

7. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Except Ruiz actually, you know, gets off the bench during games.

8. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And he'd probably punch back.

9. Gina Z.

Gina Z. New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Hmm... you know, Buzz may be onto something here:

This is from the article on the FCD site about today's game:
    FCD controlled the pace of the game for large stretches of the first half, anchored in the back by captain Drew Moor and Clarence Goodson as center backs, with Blake Wagner on the left and Alex Yi covering the right side of the defense.

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say that as if you are shocked I might know what I am talking about.

;)

11. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rhine -- I'm not convinced he's going to stay on the team. He has an incredible work rate, and has the heart, but he isn't a star player. Too bad, though. I really think Bobby is going to end up on our coaching staff at some point, which would be great.

Carlos could try it, but he'd prove to be a disappointment. Hooters is just too tempting.

Sala -- He's a hero to some, but a thug to others, and it's hard to captain from the far end of the field.

Mulrooney -- He's more of a quiet leader, and that won't get the job done, either. High pitch voice doesn't help, either.

Nunez -- All the attributes except "team comes first" mentality. Can't go there.

Cooper -- Maybe. He's got the work ethic, that's for sure, and he's a top performer, and he's got EPL experience for respect. Perhaps too quiet as a personality, though.

Moor -- Seems to me that he is the guy, can't say why. Seems fearless, plays at top level consistently, also seems intelligent.

Serioux might be due consideration, but the season will start without him.

This team needs a no-nonsense, fire in the belly leader to shake things up. Hopefully, that's Moor.

12. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
  13. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
  14. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sala, but he won't start the season.

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

and thats why it won't be him....

16. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Y'all have named almost everybody and nobody is jumping out?
    Is there something a bit off about the most dangerous player, and the guy with the highest salary not being captain (Ruiz)?
    I say forget the captain, let someone earn it.

17. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if you subscribe to the notion that strikers should be concerned about one thing and one thing alone....scoring goals.

I think it's generally a good idea to give the captaincy to some other position.

18. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cory Gibbs.

oh wait...

19. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Mulrooney gone, who is going to be captain now?

20. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joseph :D

21. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moor or Ruiz or Sala or Super Cooper or Joseph?

22. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the New England board is already wetting their pants thinking about Cooper or Ruiz on their side, but I offered them a former World Cup goalie instead.

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    We give them the draft pick and allocation from Toronto plus Mina. They aren't getting Cooper or Ruiz....they don't have the juice with Shalrie openly looking for a trade.

24. Gina Z.

Gina Z. New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Losing Mulrooney is bad enough- lets not give our FO anymore ideas.

I think the captain will be Ruiz now that Mulrooney is gone. Do I agree with it? Hell no.

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do.

He's occasionally a goofball off the field, but on the field, you have no doubt that he means business. He fights for the shirt.