New blog:

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by AllWhiteKit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. AllWhiteKit

AllWhiteKit New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So after a lot of thought and little action, I've finally decided to start a blog devoted to....you guessed it, women's soccer. We aim to cover every angle of the game (on and off the pitch, stateside, international) with news, features, fixtures and results and more things I haven't thought of yet.

If you have a second to spare please check out http://allwhitekit.wordpress.com and please feel free to email me at jennaawk@gmail.com with contributions, criticisms, questions etc. I've been able to lasso a few contributors for WPS teams and international clubs but am always looking for more.

AWK has been online for a few days now and site views are rising daily. It would be great to aggregate the random bits and features of women's soccer into one place and that's what the purpose of AWK is. Hopefully one day we can be a resource for the fan, by the fan.

Thanks for the shout.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sbahnhof repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also: I know a guy from the All White Kit website (https://www.allwhitekit.com/). Some years ago I followed two matches sitting next to him on the standings of Estadio Algarve. :) Very nice guy, had fun with him and we finished the evening in a cozy Portuguese restaurant in Faro.

@sbahnhof, this is a challenge: he mentioned me on the website: can you be able to find me? :p:ninja::sneaky:;)

sbahnhof repped this.
  4. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    I didn't know you were famous on the internet! I will take this challenge.

But I hope you understand, I'm also very busy learning about the history of Icelandic football, and finding rugby games to spam the Nadeshiko forum.

(So, the mention is specifically about you, right? Not, like, an interview with ex-AC Milan striker Luther Blissett?)

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not mentioned by name, but I am identified as an Italian Nadeshiko Japan fan. :p

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Show Spoiler
    Nadeshiko Thread 2012 #569

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I felt the tension rise through these weeks and had you all on your collective toes for so long: how can I deny all of you the so long awaited answer to my challenge? :p

Here it is (and don't miss the fact that I am also mentioned in the comments to the article!).

8. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    But don't you see? You were already famous!... on, er, this place.

Not winning would affect someone's opinion on a stadium? Good grief. It's amazing that fans everywhere else are able to cope.

It would be like the England team hating Wembley...

blissett repped this.
  9. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    You know when you bookmark a blog and then later can't read the words? (Even with special football glasses!) But not to worry, these ones will be useful to someone for now or as a history resource, even if they're in languages I haven't learned such as Polish, Indonesian, or Canadian.

[​IMG] Poland: Tylko Kobiecy Futbol (Only Women's Football)
    tylkokobiecyfutbol.pl

[​IMG] Women Soccer Portal in Indonesia (2013-2016)
    womensoccerid.wordpress.com

[​IMG] Canada: The Soccer Place (2004-2007)
    thesoccerplace.com

[​IMG] World Women's Football (2005-2009)
    womensworldfootball.com