New Blame Games?

Discussion in 'International News' started by Shaster, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Watch CNN today--Lou Dobbs program and found out everything wrong in US are China's fault. :p

1) China took over US jobs.

2) China pushed the price of oil higher (I almost though China is the one attacking Iran and Iraq to push the prices higher :p ).

3) China has good relationships with other countries US doesn't like. (Why all other countries have to like anyone US like or dislike anyone US dislike?)

What really afraid is those kind of meanstream reporting will influence many ordinary Americans who are depending on the media reporting to form their general opionion.

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Lou Dobbs has been very pro-US labor for years now. It has nothing to do with China per se. The US media almost always shows the perspective of the top 10% (usually the top 1%). This is true of "liberals" and conservatives. Dobbs is a refreshing exception to the rule. In general, he's thinking about the long-term interest of Americans while most politicians and business leaders only care about next quarter's profits.

3. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    You are the god of twist. Lou Dobbs has been doing nothing but bash "job exports", and "illegal immigration" for sometime now. He has been riding that wave ever since 911.
    More than anything else, good ol Lou is a great actor! ;)

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Frankly, the current anti-China bashing remind me the anti-Japan one back to 1980s. Only China has more bad stuff than Japan. :p

Same issues with Japan: Like Japan, China is destroying our economy and way of the life. They own us now.

Differet issues with Japan: China is building an anti-American colation with oil-rich countries. (This is from mouth of a Government strategist, but I forgot the name.) (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, etc... yes, this guy mentioned Saudi as anti-US country. :p ). Of course, North Korea, Communists, Dictators, Taiwan democracy destroyer, etc.

5. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I realize you and Shaster haven't been here too long, but you don't have to think too far to remember an America where anyone who was hard-working and honest (well, and white, unfortunately) could be middle-class. That America no longer exists. Part of the reason is technological/structural, but a good part is by design. Lou Dobbs could get higher ratings by talking more about investing instead of looking after people who mostly don't watch his program.

6. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Ya. I understand there are job loses in USA. But is China taking those jobs away?

For example, clothes, toyes, etc. were used to import from other Asian places such as South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, etc., now are from China. Even though maybe some high tech jobs lose, but I bet many of them like call centers, customer services, accounting, and paralegals, etc., are more to India than China due to English language. Also how many of those jobs in USA have to depends on foregin talents from India, China and Europe to fill in?