New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    - It's slow, probably all the code and hidden text loaded with each page.

- It's too narrow. I have an extremely wide monitor, and I like having the messages flow to the screen.

- It's too busy. All the various fonts and bold and non/bold, make it really hard to quickly focus on the content. It's form over function.

- It's too clunky. Possibly related to speed. If the system were faster, the awkward menuing and navagation might not be a problem. But it isn't - so it is.

2. Swab the poopdeck

Swab the poopdeck New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    in gurland
    Any chance of increasing the default text size for posts to whatever it was before. It's real eye-strain reading large chunks of text at this size.

2-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    3-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    4-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Edit:

Size 3 looks good to me. Sorry, Size 3 looks good to me. That's better.

3. alain_9510

alain_9510 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Seattle
    -What happened to the "view first unread" button?

-Too narrow

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the biggest issue I've found so far. I don't email subscribe to threads because that function exists. I don't want to have to go hunting for the last post I read.

Also, once inside a thread, the "last page" button is missing and that's kind of a drag too.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I second this. I can't stand the white background.

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, can we please please please have the grey skin back?

Why was it taken away in the first place when so many people used it?

Seriously, this red is nice but it's way too vivid for workplace browsing.

Edit: I switched to the DCU skin which is, oddly, blue and gray, but now I'm having the same screen width issues as others have reported. I can see that all of that scrolling over could get annoying quickly.

7. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    the scroll down stuff at the top (for me it goes from Home -- Soccer Store -- England -- Europe -- USA -- Americas -- More) isn't working.

But the forum jump at the bottom does work.

Editing posts is slow to boot up.

Edit#2: This is weird. When I used my bookmarks, I got the old screen; and right now I've got the old screen. But when I used the forum jump I get the new BS. Huh.

So I guess disregard the first comment.

8. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it says Club: by everyone's posts under their user name.. but non of them show up?

9. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Worst. Design. Ever.

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's great to share your feelings, but giving specifics about what you don't like will be more useful in our eternal quest to make you happy. :)

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to through the previous posts. Sorry, I don't have time right now:

Complaint 1 - White skin is awful. Give BS yellow please.
    Complaint 2 - Names should be above avatars

Complaint 3 - 40 post per page. I must have this.

Complaint 4 Kick it - Why is this everywhere? I HATE IT.

Complaint 5 -Fonts are too small

After spending 7 years of my life on bigsoccer, I don't want to look at this anymore.

I think my eyes are bleeding.

12. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know how hard it must be to upgrade the website but I myself am having a hard time liking this. Im soo used to the old BS.

13. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Congrats on making this site on big headache

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm using the Soccer365 skin which makes it bearable but would still like the old yellow back.

15. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One thing that is bothering me is how the Sub forums are just in small text at the top of the page. I was so used to seeing them in their own rectangle and seeing what the last post was about or who posted it.

16. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    I like the move to a more minimal scheme, but it needs to have a "smooth" and flowing feel, this feel very sharp, cluttered and unorganized

17. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    1) Give me back the old widescreen yellow BS skin - the effect of fully widescreen with no left navigation is one of the primary reasons I chose to buy a membership, and without that I'd like my money back (pro-rated of course).

2) Add the breadcrumbs to the bottom of each thread page as I am reading the posts, that way when I get to the bottom of the page I can use the breadcrumbs to navigate like I used to.

3) I'd like you allow images as part of signature (i.e. from userbar.org). Perhaps only for paying members?

In any case... give me back my widescreen yellow, BS :)

Cheers!

18. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    I'm not a fan of the clutter, the whiteness, the posts squished to the right, or the lack of 40 posts per page option. I hate the Kicks.

If the bigsoccer gold and 40 posts per page come back, I could live with the rest.

19. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Some minus and plus comments:

- Subforums should be more prominent, show last post

- Please bring back who's online in each forum.

- Names are important, should be bigger.

- Agree that more delineation between posts is good, especially when complex posts (lots of quoting, images, etc.) are close together. But if it doesn't change, I'd probably get used to this.

- Widescreen is good, please fix.

+Overall design is nice

+Thank you for who's in the thread.

+One of the things I prefer about Bigsoccer is the smaller avatars and signatures without images. I want content and substance from the posting, not big lapel badges and fancy peacock feather signatures hanging from the ass of each and every post. Many forums are unreadable with this crap. Thank you for not changing that.

edit: that was quick! thanks for the big name and club preference. :)

20. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Will forum tools lile "Mark this forum read" coming back?

I need that and the 40 post option.

21. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you noticed that in life, when something changes, the most vocal people you hear are the complainers? Rarely a positive comment ;)

-- The home page does have a classier, more cleaned up look now. For a newbie coming in first time, I think it's very nice looking.

-- Two thumbs WAY up on bringing back displaying the user's rep on each post.

That said, here are my (hopefully) constructive criticisms:

1. I also do not like the default skin - I dislike the font and the layout. Gray was my favorite of the old skins. I have changed to the Wizards skin which is mostly white, gray, and some silver and blue so that's fine, I can live with that.

2. Why have you removed showing everyone's favorite club or team on each post?

3. Ditto on disliking the Kicks. Does ANYONE like that?

4. What is "baobab"?

5. Only 15 posts per page has GOT to be changeable. I used 40 and detest message boards that force me to click every 15 posts.

6. When will searching become re-enabled?

Thanks for your efforts.

22. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If you go to the kicks tab, you can sort by date - and the page will remember your preference. So basically the front page is one big BigSoccer Live if that's what you want.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how quickly we have the bigger user names that are above the avatars.

Excellent response.

==
    Can anyone explain the Kicks thing?

What is Bury it?

Let dumb threads drop naturally, and great threads rise as needed.

Love your neighbor, wash as needed.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    How do I change the skin? The scroll down menu is no longer on the bottom left hand part.

Also agree about the Kicks. It's annoying that it's everywhere.

25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Holy crap, I was trying multiquote and got the disaster above. I was trying to reply that I agree that the

- go to first unread is missing
    - when in a thread, the ability to jump to the "first" or "last" page is missing.

The latter is really important to me as I am configured to read threads in the most recent post first mode. Since the last BigSoccer update, my first click on a thread often lands me somewhere in the middle, probably to the first unread. If I want to go to the end of the thread and start from there, that's now really difficult.

Oh, and multi-quote seems to be toast.