New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The "plus sign" icon to the left at the top and bottom of the thread.

No it's neither obvious nor user friendly - and when you mouse over it says "forum subscription" not thread subscription. Very unhelpful ...

2. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a fan of the overwhelming amount of negative space and mismatched color schemes at all. I've switched to one of the MLSnet skins in order to have almost the whole window filled with threads rather than clutter and empty space.

Frankly, the new look seems like something that would have been thought of as "cool" and "fresh" in 1998.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not feeling the new look

couldve kept the yellow theme, this is over complicated now.....will it be ironed out?

4. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    My new mantra: bring back the yellow. bring back the yellow. bring back the yellow.

5. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Yes

I can get used to the new drop down menu. But benztown's idea is perfect. Move it to the right side of the screen

Another great sugguestion.

Exactly. When I click on the MLS Teams or MLS Expansion forum, I would like to see all the team or cities subforums visibile. Like how it was before.

Either hire benztown to help out with BigSoccer or please ask him to consult the next time there is a reconfiguration. This poster is spot on.

6. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    As much as BigSoccer really wants us to put [R]'s in thread titles...there is no point in having it if it gets kicked to the front of the homepage where you can see the whole post, and hence, a result!

7. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Is it possible to write a stylesheet which gives the site proper colours?

8. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    I don't post real often being more of a lurker these days, however, the layout of the new site is extremely difficult to follow. What happened to the color scheme?!
    I know you need room for advertising, but a couple of inches on the entire left side of the page? Not only that but I am convinced the load times are longer, sometimes significantly, maybe thats due to increased traffic these days but I don't think so.
    Here's hoping we can take a step back to the old site :)

9. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Dang everyone is complaining about this new design . I actually find it easier and better looking than last one. It looks modern.

10. SamAdams

SamAdams New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Any suggestions as to adjusting the page so the whole thread actually fits on the screen. Scrolling left and right while scrolling up and down at the same time just to read 5 words off the page is really a pain in the ass.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Any way not to make Kick the default first page option? Its not that big a deal on my PC or laptop but it is a giant pain on my blackberry.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Come on. The NYTimes has pictures and do you really want people to read this site teh way you do WSJ or NYTimes?

13. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    I just gave in and changed to the MLSnet skin. Much better.

14. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    still not as good as BS Gold. Not even close.

15. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have the images on the MLS skins been resized or whatever so that people don't have to scroll back and forth? Because that's all that's between me and them. This red is far too vivid for workplace browsing.

16. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    No, definitely not as good as the gold, but loads easier on the eyes that the crap white and a better layout than the new and "improved" no-definition-between-posts-and-posts-shoved-to-the-right-and-kicks-everywhere-you-turn version.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If you click sort by date (ie bigsoccer live) the homepage remembers that.

For your blackberry, visit http://m.bigsoccer.com

18. paks

paks Member

Oct 5, 2003
    united states
    I miss the fresh threads that where on the right side of the old design. Don't like the kicks. I was able to ignore them on the old site can't here.

19. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Fixed.

20. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    As a general recommendation, I just thought I'd point out that after trying every skin, the Revolution one is the closest to the BigSoccer we all know and love. I don't like the team, but I'll be using the skin from now on and I hardly notice the difference from the old BS.

21. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Perhaps a first button for thread navigation.

22. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    the Revolution skin is good but it forces me to have to scroll left and right in order to view the whole page. That is annoying as well.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  24. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It seems to be taking me longer to load? Is anyone else having this problem?

And Huss, is there some number of complaints that would make you think about going back and getting rid of the kicks, or are we just wasting our bandwidth here?

25. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    A good tip, looks much better and thankfully doesn't require scrolling from side to side for me.

Huss, given this looks so much like the older BS, does it mean the new version is nothing more than a redesigned user interface, but with the same software running in the background?