New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

oh shit. I'm gonna hunt for a pair too. loved my visaros.

2. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    The other thing is that you'd be surprised how many people don't actually know what their true size is! So someone might tell you they go half a size down for a snug fit but thats because outside of football (soccer) they are normally wearing shoes that are too big for them.

I know of 3 people (including me) who were buying the wrong size for years until someone in a store measured their feet for them.

newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I cannot stress how good these are. I'm now 4 hours into using them and I forgot just how good a (non-knit) synthetic upper can be. I also blacked out the heel and ankle area. These are the Galaxy colorway if anyone is wondering.

The best part is I got them for under $50. IMG_5196.JPG

serginhobertholi and jayc23 repped this.
  4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    haha great deal! I managed to sag one of the limited edition dart frog colourways as well for just below 70 usd after shipping, still great deal for me!

underfoot cushioning is phenomenal for it right? I can't wait for mine to arrive, my only regret is not being able to get a pair of leather visaros whent hey were on discount.

5. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I might get that soon! Right now i'm fearing all sources of Visaro will run out. Haha! Trying to stock up on it so I won't have to rant like Vincent Kompany. I have high hopes for the Visaro 3.

jayc23 repped this.
  6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ditto, hopefully Visaro 3's are return to the visaro 1's instead of the crap we got with the 2's. If you find the Leather Visaro 1's in a us 9 do tell me HAHA

7. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Check out ProDirectSoccer! They should have the leather Visaros. Are you planning to get the Furon 3.0? They look really interesting.

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

ah yea fair enough thanks!

Might get the Furon 3.0 K-leather, but so far all the Furon's have been disappointing so have stayed away. actually the visaro 2.0 is crap too HAHA

9. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    A ton of people hate the Furon 3.0 launch colorway but honestly the green and pink just looks so good to me. Tell me about the K-leather version once you have them. Really psyched. My favorite college-turned-pro female attacking mid Rose Lavelle has been using Furons ever since she graduated so that's a big plus. ;)

Yeah hilarious, somebody actually said the Visaro 2.0s felt like 'tissue boxes with studs.' Haha!

10. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

haha not bothered with colours but let's be honest, why would i pick it over speed boots such as the vapor or even the Umbro Velocitas. it just looks weird and not terribly well done.

Visaro 2.0's just make NO SENSE. it goes against EVERYTHING that they did well in the Visaro 1's. the cushioning is weird and not comfortable at all, you lost that plush sensation you used to get. the upper is no longer as flexible, its quite tough, and i'm not sure those protruding pods actually do anything. Might as well have put some foam in those parts for better 'touch'. Virtually every review has said it needs too much break in time.

Clearly a crap boot when Unisport who sell it couldn't make a video about it after raving about Visaro 1. sigh, my biggest disappointment in a boot in recent years.

Jaxinho repped this.
  11. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay so I tried the Visaros on AG for the first time tonight and I gotta say they are even more comfortable than on FG! Weird! I really felt the Fresh Foam insoles doing their work. It's making me think though, what if I get another pair but this time true to size? I just want to know if I made the right choice with the half size up. Also I can't decide whether to get another synthetic Visaro or the k-leather version. Decisions decisions.

12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    HAHA. how do they feel at the moment, if they feel alright length-wise don't bother going half a size down unless you have an option of returning.

Iw ent true to size and it was the weirdest experience ever. felt good for perhaps the first 30 mins, then it started to feel tight and uncomfortable

13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Honestly they feel really really good. There is some extra space in the front (i'd say about 1/3 inch) but with the toebox so low I don't think that space is occupiable anyway.
    I can get another pair for $50 shipped and I was thinking if it went south then I could wear a size 8 on my right foot and an 8.5 on my left. Haha! The joys of buying a super outdated silo.

14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    i got my pair yesterday, gosh is the workmanship on it pathetic, glue stains all over, with parts of the boot looking like its slightly separated, and mine is teh last few colours - the Dart Frog one.

Might have to bring it down tyo my local cobbler to just get it cleaned up a little and glued again

15. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
  16. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    It always seems ridiculous to me that a footballer would be restricted in terms of what boots they can wear... eg if they try on a random new pair of boots half way through a season and love them, they can't wear them in games.. just seems stupid to me.

Boot companies must give players so much money to wear their boots.... otherwise it just wouldn't be worth it would it? (especially considering how much they earn anyway).

17. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody have experience with the New Balance Furon 3.0? I know SR4U gave a pretty so-so review of them and freekickerz (taken with a grain of salt) gave them a pretty decent review. I really like the look of them and I was pretty impressed with the Visaro 1 so any opinions to sway me would be greatly appreciated!

18. bronconaldo

bronconaldo Member

Jul 15, 2007
    COMO-Italy
    NB Tekela 1.0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vanjory, newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    how are they? can get a whiteout pair for cheap but i'm not sure if i wanna get another pair of boots right now that isn't my top choice =/

20. bronconaldo

bronconaldo Member

Jul 15, 2007
    COMO-Italy
    In my opinion they’re good... comfortable, snug, nice touch, no slipping, easy to wear and to take off...
    The only downside was the midstud on the right shoe that felt pretty discomfortable while walking on the concrete walkway besides the pitches...but probably just something to do with my foot...

If you found them at the right price, i think they’re worth a try IMHO

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    anyone got the NB 442 Pro FG?

any comments/reviews?

thanks!

DanielVP7 repped this.
  22. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I tried them on when I was on vacation back in the States. The felt pretty good. I really like the soleplate. They felt more solid than the Nike Premier does but they are also a bit stiffer.

23. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    So, its Black Friday, and I'm sure the Tekela's will go on discount. I've tried a pair and done a short review on em. the short of it is that, its ridiculously wide, and the shallow toebox doesn't help its case. I was a 2E in the previous ones. This time round in the same size, I'm a D and its still too wide.

I recommend going down half a size. Love the upper and the huge toebox, but lockdown and responsiveness are a worry for me! The kinetic stitch really works... for like the first 5 games, once dirt etc gets on it, it loses its grip and becomes pretty much useless. its a decent boot, with so much potential, but deal breakers all round =/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Japanese exclusive HG 442

[​IMG]