New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    wait is that a us 8.5 or a uk 8.5?

Just realised that the NB shoes follow the Adidas style of UK/Us styling.

dukduk and gusgorman repped this.
  2. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Us sizing for me

3. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brand new New Balance MiUK One limited edition

[​IMG]

derbyyank13 and cadmonkey12 repped this.
  4. dukduk

dukduk Member

May 17, 2016
    Want these. How much?

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Look amazing. I guess they changed the plate from the original sample...

6. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw one of the worst reviews on youtube for the boots (the review of the boots themselves wasn't bad) the person who had been sent the boots just decided to completely rush his video he went out in the rain shoved his girlfriend in goal because nobody else would go in because it was too wet. If I was NB I wouldn't send him any boots again it was awful.

appleCORR

jayc23, derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  8. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Sounds like one of the best youtube reviews. :p

appleCORR7 repped this.
  9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was awful - it was by a YouTuber called Theo Baker. He does randomly get Adidas boots sent to him. But it looked like NB were a bit of a sponsor at one point (they could still be) but considering he got himself a fairly limited pair of boots for free, obviously because NB were hoping that he'd do a decent review of them. This was just a joke. I was watching it thinking just don't bother because you obviously have no respect for anything NB are doing for you.

appleCORR

An Unpaved Road and derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I watched it!

Yeah, awful as a legit review, but on the other hand it almost seemed like a parody of the typical boot testing video. He should have his girlfriend test the next pair of boots.

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    that's interesting. I follow him and a few other Youtubers cause they upload highlights of their matches that i enjoy watching once inawhile, but as far as i know Theo Baker uploads mostly only vlogs and not so much a legit review? I personally cut him some slack cause he's not made himself out to be a reviewer, he mostly just vlogs alot.

The only review I found on his site was this and to be fair there was some attempt for it to be a review.

I think NB sent those boots when they went over for 1 of those promotional events where they got to play at anfield cause there were a few other Youtubers who were also there for it.

back on topic though - SR4U's unboxing of the MiUK NB boots have turned me off from them. That lack of heel structure looks pretty scary.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I might be wrong then - but he does make a bit deal of unboxing them and thanking NB. Then he drags his poor GF out in the rain and sticks her in goal. it isn't a vlog video. But see what you think I found the video. Just don't think he should have been in such a rush to get some kind of review/opinion on them out on YouTube.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 and jayc23 repped this.
  13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ah my bad then! I thought you were referring to one of the older limited edition visaro models that i know were given cause they were at an event. Fair point that he shouldn't rush it even if he isn't really a football boot reviewer.

[​IMG]

quite interesting to see what the Visaro 2's will be. Not getting the Visaro leathers when it was on sale at unisport will always be a regret of mine =/

appleCORR7 repped this.
  14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    So.. the Visaros are out and from everyone's reaction so far... it seems to suck. Reading in between the lines of what SR4U has to say + the usually very positive @jaymikedk in his 1st impressions video

They seem to have done a Hypervenom 2, upper alot more stiff and I suspect those foam pods to aid striking/control don't really come into play seeing how no one has mentioned anything about them. shame.

Knowing me though I'll probably end up being suckered into a pair cause the freshfoam experience from the Visaro 1's is something that left a huge mark on me and noting that they've improved on it with added midsole just makes me salivate at the thought. Maybe the leather versions though.

Which makes me even more disappointed with the purecontrols and how the boost cushioning was such a huge massive letdown.

15. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in time for St. Patrick's Day...The white goes green when it contacts water (or beer)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't really lose with that colour combination. I must say though, i don't know what nb is really trying to achieve. Their new visaros are going to put a lot of people off.

Regardless of the old warrior boot performance, i would have never worn or bought a pair because i would feel self conscious about them looking hideous on my feet.

The furons i like, and from the first gen, these ones are much better. I also liked the first gen visaros but looking at what the second gen has come out with, there is no way that i will be spending my hard earneds on them!

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

if you get a chance do try out the 1st gen visaros especially now that they're on such discounted prices. I loved the upper on them and the comfort in it is top notch. go half a size up from your nike hypervenom size

18. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    The furon 3.0

upload_2017-7-27_0-14-7.png

derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Colour is horrid but if they kept the upper the same as the samples is much softer than the last two models

newone88 repped this.
  20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    maybe just re-make the ones worn by Bryan Robson back then....classic!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm currently looking at trying either the Visaro (the OG first gen) or the Furon 2.0 as my first NB boot and reading through this thread I can say I'm very worried that the Visaro (originally my preferred one) because of the low toebox. Over the past 6 months, three of my toenails have gotten bloody and 2 of them have actually come off and just now normalizing and I don't want that happening again.

Is the Visaro toebox really that low? I tend to wear thick socks (à la Trusox) and have pretty chubby toes. For reference, the adidas X 16.1 and Copa 17.1 were the reasons why my toenails fell off.

I'm really interested in a New Balance boot as i've always been a fan of their running and casual footwear and of course because the Visaro and Furon 2.0 are so heavily discounted right now.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ah... i think part of the problem was that the visaro's had a really weird size. When you tried on true to size they felt okay, but after you started playing in it it would feel too small. At least that was teh case for me. I went half a size up and it felt alot better.

Honestly I think going up half a size (aka Magista/Puma sizing) should work well and give you ample toebox area.

23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Funny how these half-size-up discrepancies are not uncommon for even the most established brands/silos. SR4U and most players recommend half a size up for the Magistas but I found my fit true to size. The Legend VI WAS half a size up for me but apparently the VII is better TTS. Most adidas silos for me are half a size down because I find them too long.

Anyway thanks mate. Would you recommend the Visaro more than the Furon 2.0?

24. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

hmm.. i would say the discrepancies come mainly from the type of footshape you have, I have had friends who did okay with true to size in the Puma boots and the Legends as you've mentioned. The Visaros did have a lower than usual toebox though, although if your magista fits true to size.. then you might not need that half a size up tbh. just go true to size. your feet should be okay. just go with your normal adidas size.

Visaros all the way, comfort from the freshfoam is unreal, the most comfortable boots i've ever worn, and the upper was one of my favourite ones to strike with, apart from the OG Hypervenoms as well as the Purecontrols. Don't think any of the Furons have impressed me or anyone.

gusgorman repped this.
  25. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks a lot mate. I manage to snag a brand new pair off of ebay for $47 and change. Probably one of those guys who bought it for $30 off of Ross/Marshalls and are reselling for a little profit. I got half size up just because I am very afraid for my toes now. We'll see. Been wanting to try those out since they came out 2 years ago!