New article from Ives

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by patrickdavila, Oct 7, 2003.

1. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dork

McBride would have been in Europe this year, if they could have worked out a transfer fee.

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    f Mathis, i'll drive his alcoholic hillbilly punk-ass to the airport the day his contract ends

f Landon, pretty boy couldn't cut it Germany, and is realistically considered over the hill right now....why Leverkusen hasn't sold his ass yet and cut their losses boggles the mind...

3. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    The problem is that people think MLS is not a quality league. So if someone plays well here, then a lot Americans automatically think that it is because the league is trash. Well, if someone like Howard goes abroad, and plays well, then there is a greater realization that MLS is of a higher quality then they thought.

This is obviously a long term process, gaining the respect of a nation. My roommate the other day asked me why are you watching MLS, it sucks. Well I asked him why the Japanese watch their hometown baseball teams if they can see the obviously superior MLB? I got my point across, that I wanted to watch my hometown team. But people don't see it like that. Until they see their local guys, suceeding with the world's best, then I do not believe most Americans will accept the league. That's just what I feel. At the same time you also need players like Pope and McBride who have a sense of greater good, and do it for altruistic purposes. Did Donovan stay back for altruistic reasons? Not sure, if he did super.