Nevermind the bollocks, its The David Jones Thread!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jul 2, 2005.

1. kriele

kriele New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Holland

Hahaha, yep they are mistaken often:)

2. kriele

kriele New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Holland
    Personaly I see a lot of potential in Jones!

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To be fair to those critics, they haven't seen him play in his natural position which is central midfield. He's been playing on the wing for most of the time.

Also, whether he's the next Paul Scholes, Roy Keane or Gordon Strachan isn't the point, the point is he's better than Fletcher, O'Shea and Smith. He can grow and get better in the first team, Ferguson isn't afraid to let youngsters do that at all. Proof of that is evident all around.

4. By the way, he's a very good puncher too. He managed to get the right vibes of the rivalry between Vitesse and NEC and I for sure am going to watch the 3d of May if things are going to erupt again. You can watch it on the internet too, if things go right. Talpa broadcasts programs are on the internet for those who missed it. Soccer match highlights are available from around 01:00 until 09:00 AM CET of the 4th of may. See the Yanks Abroad thread "Beasley and gibbs on the internet" how to register to get access to the highlights.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    You're just blatantly trying to knick him off us for a year, aren't you? ;)

BTW, I love how the Ajax fan sees more technical skills in Jones, while the Feyenoord fan sees the more tough, workmna side to his game. :p

6. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh couldn't have put that better Billy. This was too good of a post not to say something.

7. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    David Jones has impressed a lot guys here in Holland inc ME. The first time I saw him was the match NEC against Ajax, he came into the pitch and surprised everyone with his passes, tackles and his skills. This year he was certainly the best midfielder of the Dutch league. What is dis guy doing at NEC??????? He should be at the first team of ManU, I´m sure he will make it.

8. kriele

kriele New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Holland
    Dutch footballmagazine Voetbalinternational reports that Jones is getting another chance at Man U. It's THE footballmagazine of holland.
    When he isn't able to grab his chance in the first team of Man U he may be going back to NEC later in the season.
    So Jonesi is getting a chance to get in the first squad.

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Does anyone have a stream for this game or going to watch it?

10. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    www.footballstreaming.info will tell you all the streams that are going on and how to access them. It requires registration, but it's free and easy. But I'll look for you to save you the trouble, just give me a minute.

EDIT: The only Holland stream going this week is Groningen v. Ajax later today.

11. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Ya I'm a member :(

Oh well.

12. whattedium

whattedium Member

May 9, 2006
    Dublin
  13. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the sound of this situation it will be well for our youngsters to have a season in Dutchland.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good news... him playing in the Eredivisie would be better than in the reserves or in the Championship if he's not in our 1st team plans... but I fully expect him to be our back up for Scholes or perhaps even surpass Scholes at some point this season. I only say that because Jones is alot more athletic and 2way than Scholes... traits that will help with having a non-God CM partner.

15. whattedium

whattedium Member

May 9, 2006
    Dublin
    It does seem like a very good place to send other youngsters aswell...

I myself would like to see Martin and Blake there next season. As I'm typing this, I can't help but think it would be a good place to send Gibson too. If we manage to get a decent midfield for next year, that is...

16. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    let's not get carried away here. He was impresive, but by far not the best midfielder in the league.

17. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Surpass Scholes?

I don't know if anything like that can be achieved so easily.. With chips and through passes weighted with supreme accuracy, that is not something easy to achieve.

18. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, IMO it would be Cocu.

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    *cough* Gibson *cough*

20. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    *cough* Fender *cough*
    :D

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    either him or Timmy Simons, who has had an outstanding season aswell.

22. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=330749&itype=466&icategoryid=120

23. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    It's a shame to update this thread on such a sad note. I think the lad is going to be out for 2-3months if that injury was what I suspect it was. 6weeks minimum.

He really needed this game to show the manager what he can or cannot do, :( he was probably set to be Scholes' understudy this season, with this injury he is going to miss the rest of pre-season and probably won't be fit to play again until October, by which time the season is in full swing.. I hope this isn't how it ends for Jones, he deserves so much more.

Will update as soon as his injury and duration out is confirmed.

24. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    That's really sad. My NEC-supporting mate was hoping he'd join NEC for one more season. I hope he'll be allright

25. Jay44

Jay44 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Starkville, MS
    Eventhough this is a major injury at a crucial time for Jones, I don't think it will be the end. But I def. see your concern with him coming back in October and Fergie having the trust in the lad to give him a run out.